Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(01-16-2019, 06:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: What's a god to a non believer?

I predict this thread will be merged into the Foles thread in the League forum, and without the thread title, our responses will make no sense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 06:49 PM by rpr52121.)

(01-16-2019, 06:27 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Nick foles would fail as a Jaguar. he was terrbille with the rams. lets all rember they drafted him first a while back. only reason he was good in phily is because the HC pederson.
1. He was Drafted by the Eagles.
2. He had 1 season with Rams lead by old Bogey Jeff Fisher and a bad offensive system.
3. He requires an offensive system that has well-defined reads and that has at least some WR speed to utilize his deep passing which is above average. 
4. As much as people are loving the 2020 QB class and Haskins this year, there is no guarantees of any of them.
5. Jaguars have a new OC. Yes, everyone expects Marrone and Coughlin to be run-first, but remember that they knew how limited Bortles was. No QB coming this year will change the Jags outlook without a change of offensive philosophy and some weapons.
6. No one is saying he will be savior or a sure thing. No QB available to the Jags this year or even next will live up that moniker within the window of this defense.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 07:10 PM by Caldrac.)

Fisher coached Foles. He probably had a lot to do with his shortcomings as a Ram. Same can be said for Goff.

Stop being so negative though brother. It's the off-season. They hired Foles' former OC when he was an Eagle and they had success together. I mean. What else can they do here?

Drafting a QB in RD1 is always a huge gamble and investment. Something we're all very familiar with around here (See Leftwich, Gabbert and Bortles). Maybe it's time they tried something different. And can you fault them for at least TRYING?

I would rather them take a swing and miss than just sit there on the bench. If they trade for Foles and lock him up for a year or two that's fine by me. They still have the option of drafting a QB like Haskins if he falls to the 7th slot or even Murray if they like him enough. They could also go after a guy like Grier.

All I know is that I am not going to kick them around for trying. Foles won something we've never won. And he was probably close to another one had Alshon caught that football. You want a guy like Foles on your team. High pressure. Fills in on short notice and gets the job done. He bailed out his defense multiple times in that Superbowl win last year.

R-E-L-A-X though man. R-E-L-A-X. It's the off season. Get on that Madden grind man! Where are you at on that?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm actually starting to think the market for Foles will be less than people think. He will definitely look for a deal with guarantees for 2 seasons, possibly 3.

To be really "in the market" for Foles, the teams would need believe their window is 2019 and probably also 2020. They would also need cap room, and QB who is currently on a questionable lease.

Teams considered possibly in the market are:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins
Washington Redskins
Tennessee Titans

Maybe only the Broncos and Titans have win now teams that could be competitive for playoffs. Bengals and Buccaneers are close, but their biggest needs are on defense.
Plus all four of those teams still have some hope about their current QB's, can get out of those contracts easily after 2019 and chase the 2020 QB draft class.

Dolphins seem to be making press statements hinting at a full rebuild to get other positions in line to draft a 2020 guy and hopefully be ready when Brady retires.

Redskins cannot afford Foles because Smith's guaranteed money.

Giants and Bucs are both in good position to draft Haskins (presently), who will be cheaper, has more longevity, and possibly higher upside.

The more, this plays out. It really looks like main players should be the Broncos, if Elway has a quick trigger, and the Jags.

Broncos definitely have more cap room, but the Jaguars could possibly fit in a $16 million contract with incentives?

All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?
Agreed, Foles has much higher upside than Haskins.  SB MVP, nfl record 26 straight completions, and a 27td 2 int season is pretty high upside.

(01-16-2019, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?
Agreed, Foles has much higher upside than Haskins.  SB MVP, nfl record 26 straight completions, and a 27td 2 int season is pretty high upside.

He also shares the NFL record with 7 TD passes in one game.

(01-16-2019, 06:48 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: What's a god to a non believer?

I predict this thread will be merged into the Foles thread in the League forum, and without the thread title, our responses will make no sense.

Wow, you absolutely nailed it with this prediction.
'02

I wouldn't be surprised, after the Cousins deal, if Foles grabs a 2- or 3-year deal. I'd be OK with signing Foles to a 2-year deal allowing Haskins to develop.

(01-16-2019, 08:00 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised, after the Cousins deal, if Foles grabs a 2- or 3-year deal. I'd be OK with signing Foles to a 2-year deal allowing Haskins to develop.

One question I have is this. If you snag Foles, can he be the franchise QB?  Can you sign him for longer to be the guy? Can you go OL, TE, or WR round one and grab a QB later?

(01-16-2019, 07:56 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, Foles has much higher upside than Haskins.  SB MVP, nfl record 26 straight completions, and a 27td 2 int season is pretty high upside.

He also shares the NFL record with 7 TD passes in one game.

Good call

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 10:32 PM by JackCity.)

(01-16-2019, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?

Depends on what the term upside means when talking about a draft prospect

(01-16-2019, 04:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm actually starting to think the market for Foles will be less than people think. He will definitely look for a deal with guarantees for 2 seasons, possibly 3.

To be really "in the market" for Foles, the teams would need believe their window is 2019 and probably also 2020. They would also need cap room, and QB who is currently on a questionable lease.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins
Washington Redskins
Tennessee Titans

Maybe only the Broncos and Titans have win now teams that could be competitive for playoffs. Bengals and Buccaneers are close, but their biggest needs are on defense.
Plus all four of those teams still have some hope about their current QB's, can get out of those contracts easily after 2019 and chase the 2020 QB draft class.

Dolphins seem to be making press statements hinting at a full rebuild to get other positions in line to draft a 2020 guy and hopefully be ready when Brady retires.

Giants and Bucs are both in good position to draft Haskins (presently), who will be cheaper, has more longevity, and possibly higher upside.

The more, this plays out. It really looks like main players should be the Broncos, if Elway has a quick trigger, and the Jags.

Broncos definitely have more cap room, but the Jaguars could possibly fit in a $16 million contract with incentives?

All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?

Well give us your analysis then.  

What traits do you think he's lacking to be a good NFL QB? And how many of them can be improved with further play under a good offensive mind?

Foles is this years Case Keenum. I don't want him, and whoever signs him will see him regress to the mean. Give me Fitzpatrick if we are signing inconsistent backups.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-16-2019, 10:51 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Foles is this years Case Keenum. I don't want him, and whoever signs him will see him regress to the mean. Give me Fitzpatrick if we are signing inconsistent backups.

I don't know. He's been good every time he's been given an opportunity except for one year under Jeff Fisher.

I’d say he’s more like this years Kirk Cousins. Except Cousins hasn’t beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019, 07:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...filippo%2F

(01-16-2019, 10:51 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Foles is this years Case Keenum. I don't want him, and whoever signs him will see him regress to the mean. Give me Fitzpatrick if we are signing inconsistent backups.

Keenum 6'1 Foles 6'6"

Keenum has a weak arm Foles has a strong arm

Keenum is slow, Foles isnt

Foles has multiple NFL QB passing records and a SB MVP, keenum doesnt.

Horrible post

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins
Washington Redskins
Tennessee Titans

How does Haskins have more upside? Because he's not a 30 year old QB like Foles....

Your post shows how little you have watched Haskins play.

If anything, my entire post was how Foles may be cheaper than we think because lack of bidders, which allows the Jags to get him at a cap number that can work. I was argued to target Foles

Why is that one sentence that I even used the word POSSIBLY make everyone freak out. I didn't say Haskins is or will definitely be better than Foles. I didn't even say that Haskins is who the Jags should target. All I was saying is that many times GM's overvalue the potential of the hyped QB in the draft because they are new and they have potential to be "anything" or whatever. Especially, when those GM's and coaches have seen tons of tape of Foles in the NFL and some have even coached against him. Maybe they feel they have a book on Foles or know what his limits are, but don't know the limits of Haskins because they think they can maximize his talents.

No one can deny that Haskins has some potential and that some team will think he is a better long term bet than Foles. How many people on this board predicted what Brady, Brees, Big Ben, or Rodgers would become before they were drafted? Of course, the odds of Haskins getting to such a level is small. But how many QB's have won or even gotten to Super Bowls as starters for different franchises, no matter how good the QB was?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019, 11:33 PM by nhiverson.)

Saw some reporter said if Foles was a FA Jaguars would be low on his list. Good to me I don't want him.

Haskins has a higher upside because he is younger duh that's how upside works.
No Fun

(01-17-2019, 07:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...filippo%2F

Keenum 6'1 Foles 6'6"

Horrible post

You think Keenum is slow, but Foles isn't? Foles is the literal meaning of a statue QB... He ran a 5.2 40... Keenum ran a 4.8...

It really doesn't sound like you've even watched much of Foles honestly. The guy moves like a snail.

If Foles is as good as you (and whoever else) think he is, the Eagles wont move on from him and they'll instead get rid of Wentz. Although I think we all know that isn't going to happen and that's because it's obvious and very telling....

Foles is simply fools gold.

(01-18-2019, 02:40 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...filippo%2F

Keenum 6'1 Foles 6'6"

Horrible post

You think Keenum is slow, but Foles isn't? Foles is the literal meaning of a statue QB... He ran a 5.2 40... Keenum ran a 4.8...

It really doesn't sound like you've even watched much of Foles honestly. The guy moves like a snail.

If Foles is as good as you (and whoever else) think he is, the Eagles wont move on from him and they'll instead get rid of Wentz. Although I think we all know that isn't going to happen and that's because it's obvious and very telling....

He moves like that because he is 6'6". Look at him when he is playing WR.  He also played basketball.  You can call him what you want but his accomplishments doesnt lie.  They are keeping Wentz because he is younger and still on his rookie contract.  Their stats are pretty much identical.  With your logic Brees wasnt good because SD got rid of him and kept Rivers.  Jimmy G wasnt good, Bett Favre and Joe Montanna wasnt good.  Sometimes teams have 2 good QBs and just cant afford to keep them both.  If you dont think Foles is good you haven't seen him play the last few years.

(01-18-2019, 07:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:40 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You think Keenum is slow, but Foles isn't? Foles is the literal meaning of a statue QB... He ran a 5.2 40... Keenum ran a 4.8...

He moves like that because he is 6'6". Look at him when he is playing WR.  He also played basketball.  You can call him what you want but his accomplishments doesnt lie.  They are keeping Wentz because he is younger and still on his rookie contract.  Their stats are pretty much identical.  With your logic Brees wasnt good because SD got rid of him and kept Rivers.  Jimmy G wasnt good, Bett Favre and Joe Montanna wasnt good.  Sometimes teams have 2 good QBs and just cant afford to keep them both.  If you dont think Foles is good you haven't seen him play the last few years.

Foles is definitely slower than Keenum.  

And they're keeping Wentz because he's younger and better.