Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC (south) Wildcard: tinhorns/horsies

What sayest thou concerning this divisional game to be carried out this very afternoon? 

Nice to see our division with lots of wins and I hope the Jags kind find an offense between now and Sept. to compete with these teams again. 

I guess I'm going horse on this one.
Just can't stand to pull for the tinhorns and that Capt. Andrew Luck twitter acct had me in stitches last year. 
Go Capt. Neckbeard!  

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/statu...6351464448

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Indy on this one. The Texans look like pretenders to me, not as strong as the jags were last year.

We should start a drinking game for this matchup.

Every time Hopkins pushes off you've gotta pound a beer.

Texans

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Texans

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-05-2019, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We should start a drinking game for this matchup.

I don't want to die today.

(01-05-2019, 05:56 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We should start a drinking game for this matchup.

I don't want to die today.

Yup, the guy is just a skinny scrub.

Big stage too big for Watson?

Watson is garbage.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 06:21 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(01-05-2019, 06:00 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 05:56 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't want to die today.

Yup, the guy is just a skinny scrub.

Who you'd love to have on your team.

(01-05-2019, 06:14 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Watson is garbage.

Umm no he's not.

Again.. like Hopkins. You'd love to have a QB of that caliber on your team.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 06:24 PM by JagFanFirst.)

The Colts are the team of the future in the AFC South, maybe in the entire AFC. Luck is back stronger than ever, they've got a great GM...they had an amazing draft last year. And they're something like 120 M under the cap. Imagine this team with Bell next year. Or what if Pittsburgh trades a disgruntled Antonio Brown to Indy? It makes me sick to my stomach.

Despite their rise, I believe a relatively healthy Jags team can beat them. (We should have swept them this year.) We do well against passing teams...however, it's more imperative than ever to have an offense (read QB) that can take the pressure off the defense. Last time we played the Colts, we beat them 6-0. We can't depend on the defense to do this next year. Even if the Colts don't get Brown or Bell, You can always pick up a good RB or WR in the draft.

Bottom line: it is crucial that we draft a QB in round 1, but no later than round 2. It has to happen. It simply must. Will Caldwell do it? Hate to say it, but I am not so sure.

(01-05-2019, 06:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 06:00 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, the guy is just a skinny scrub.

Who you'd love to have on your team.

(01-05-2019, 06:14 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Watson is garbage.

Umm no he's not.

You're replying to a couple of true masters of the "asinine hot take" there.

(01-05-2019, 06:22 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The Colts are the team of the future in the AFC South, maybe in the entire AFC.  Luck is back stronger than ever, they've got a great GM...they had an amazing draft last year. And they're something like 120 M under the cap. Imagine this team with Bell next year. Or what if Pittsburgh trades a disgruntled Antonio Brown to Indy?  It makes me sick to my stomach.

Despite their rise, I believe a relatively healthy Jags team can beat them. (We should have swept them this year.)  We do well against passing teams...however, it's more imperative than ever to have an offense (read QB)  that can take the pressure off the defense. Last time we played the Colts, we beat them 6-0. We can't depend on the defense to do this next year. Even if the Colts don't get Brown or Bell,  You can always pick up a good RB or WR in the draft.

Bottom line: it is crucial that we draft a QB in round 1, but no later than round 2. It has to happen. It simply must. Will Caldwell do it? Hate to say it, but I am not so sure.

Jags D is built well to limit pocket passers. 

The colts just scored 14 pts in one quarter on the tinhorns, but they scored 6 points over the past 6 quarters vs the Jags. 

Sigh... if we just had a semi-functional offense.

(01-05-2019, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Big stage too big for Watson?

Looking like it so far.  This isnt college

(01-05-2019, 06:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Umm no he's not.

He hasn't improved his game since his breakout year. Just like Cam Newton. Cam lit it up his early years and has been figured out completely because he chose not to shore up his weaknesses. Watson looks exactly the same.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(01-05-2019, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Big stage too big for Watson?

Looking like it so far.  This isnt college

Still not sold on him. I dont believe he's anything special like most on this board do. In fact I dont consider him better than a league average quarterback.

Clots look like they have it hand this first half.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We need a QB. We need a TE and WRs. We need to figure out our RB situation. On defense, I'd like to resolve our LB situation. I believe Telvin Smith is out of position, and we don't stop the run very well. We need to draft a good MLB.

(01-05-2019, 06:29 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looking like it so far.  This isnt college

Still not sold on him. I dont believe he's anything special like most on this board do. In fact I dont consider him better than a league average quarterback.

I do feel Hopkins makes him look a lot better than he is.

(01-05-2019, 06:28 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 06:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Umm no he's not.

He hasn't improved his game since his breakout year. Just like Cam Newton. Cam lit it up his early years and has been figured out completely because he chose not to shore up his weaknesses. Watson looks exactly the same.

Cam newton won MVP in his fifth year and this year posted his second highest passer rating of his career. Watson will never be half the QB Cam is, and I'm not even a big Cam fan.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 06:35 PM by JagFanFirst.)

....And when I see all of our needs on offense, which, outside of the OL is an entirely new offense...I blame Caldwell.

I'm also going to take back what I said about Andrew Luck...I didnt think he was as good as Peyton Manning. But in comparison to where they are at this point in their careers, I actually believe Luck is ahead. Manning while in Indy has all kinds of superstars surrounding him. Luck...not so much outside of Hilton and Ebron.

Jags need a QB.