Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DK Metcalf

I'm to the point where if we dont draft a WR in the first this is my top guy.  Cam is coming back and Parnell has another year left on his contract.  Metcalf is my favorite WR prospect since Amari Cooper and has all the tools to be an elite WR.  I'd be happy with Jonah Williams is there but I think he will be gone at that point.  I do think oline and TE and are more pressing needs but Metcalf to me has too good of tools at the WR position to pass up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The guy to me looks like a Josh Gordon clone without the baggage

All depends on how the neck injury checks out. I mentioned him as being the better looking pro in the AJ Brown thread.

Based on his recent workout photo, he must be considered a strong possibility for the Jaguars. Obviously, he must be cleared by the team doctor as well as determining how his physique has changed so dramatically since his injury. The more I hear about the quarterbacks in this draft class, the less sold I am on any of them in the first round. Why not just go with Foles and draft Metcalf in the first round and a tight end in the 2nd. Imagine a receiving corps of Metcalf, Westbrook, Chark and Lee and add in either Hockenson or Irv Smith. The only thing they would then need to address is offensive line in the 3rd and 4th rounds. There should be guys capable of starting at those spots- especially at either guard or center. As far as drafting a quarterback, they can take someone in the last couple of rounds who will have time to develop. If Foles flops, they can then get their quarterback in the first round next year when the crop looks much stronger.

Would be thrilled with Haskins or Murray, happy with Metcalf or Hockenson, disappointed with anything else.

(02-12-2019, 12:39 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Based on his recent workout photo, he must be considered a strong possibility for the Jaguars. Obviously, he must be cleared by the team doctor as well as determining how his physique has changed so dramatically since his injury. The more I hear about the quarterbacks in this draft class, the less sold I am on any of them in the first round. Why not just go with Foles and draft Metcalf in the first round and a tight end in the 2nd. Imagine a receiving corps of Metcalf, Westbrook, Chark and Lee and add in either Hockenson or Irv Smith. The only thing they would then need to address is offensive line in the 3rd and 4th rounds. There should be guys capable of starting at those spots- especially at either guard or center. As far as drafting a quarterback,  they can take someone in the last couple of rounds who will have time to develop. If Foles flops, they can then get their quarterback in the first round next year when the crop looks much stronger.

I sincerely hope that this isn't how the Jags determine who is a strong possibility.

(02-12-2019, 01:23 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 12:39 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Based on his recent workout photo, he must be considered a strong possibility for the Jaguars. Obviously, he must be cleared by the team doctor as well as determining how his physique has changed so dramatically since his injury. The more I hear about the quarterbacks in this draft class, the less sold I am on any of them in the first round. Why not just go with Foles and draft Metcalf in the first round and a tight end in the 2nd. Imagine a receiving corps of Metcalf, Westbrook, Chark and Lee and add in either Hockenson or Irv Smith. The only thing they would then need to address is offensive line in the 3rd and 4th rounds. There should be guys capable of starting at those spots- especially at either guard or center. As far as drafting a quarterback,  they can take someone in the last couple of rounds who will have time to develop. If Foles flops, they can then get their quarterback in the first round next year when the crop looks much stronger.

I sincerely hope that this isn't how the Jags determine who is a strong possibility.

Funny how this kind of pre-draft hype affects fan's opinions on players. 

I mean - the kid is a physical specimen - but folks need to decide if they like him based on his tape.  

He looks like he'll be a very good receiver to me, but I'm still hoping QB,OL and TE take precedent over drafting a receiver.  We'll see what happens in free agency. Maybe those priorities shake up a bit for me.

(02-12-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:23 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I sincerely hope that this isn't how the Jags determine who is a strong possibility.

Funny how this kind of pre-draft hype affects fan's opinions on players. 

I mean - the kid is a physical specimen - but folks need to decide if they like him based on his tape.  

He looks like he'll be a very good receiver to me, but I'm still hoping QB,OL and TE take precedent over drafting a receiver.  We'll see what happens in free agency. Maybe those priorities shake up a bit for me.

I'm with you on the priority postions, although I couldn't be on board with a TE at 7. So much good depth at TE in this draft. 

I wouldn't be horrified by Metcalf at 7, but he better be a proper game changing receiver if we do take him there.

But, yeah... I ain't letting my draft board be influenced by a workout photo.

(02-12-2019, 02:21 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny how this kind of pre-draft hype affects fan's opinions on players. 

I'm with you on the priority postions, although I couldn't be on board with a TE at 7. So much good depth at TE in this draft. 

I wouldn't be horrified by Metcalf at 7, but he better be a proper game changing receiver if we do take him there.

But, yeah... I ain't letting my draft board be influenced by a workout photo.

Yes, I'd be iffy on a TE at 7. Much prefer the third round for that position.

(02-12-2019, 01:23 PM)JagJohn Wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that the Jags should consider him due to physique alone. After watching his highlights from last season, the guy looks like he can do it all. He has enough speed to get deep as well as the ability to catch balls thrown to the middle of the field. He made a couple of one-handed grabs which were incredible. Add in the ability to be a threat in the red-zone due to his height and the comparisons to Josh Gordon (minus the drug issues) seem legitimate. The Jaguars have a terrible track record with 1st round receivers and will need to do their due diligence on this guy prior to the draft. Another Justin Blackmon would set this team back another 3 years and close their Super Bowl window for the unforeseeable future.

Dream draft would be some how being able to come away with Metcalf and Hockenson

(02-12-2019, 03:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dream draft would be some how being able to come away with Metcalf and Hockenson

Yea, to get the highest rated players at 2 positions of need is more than the Jags can ask for.

(02-12-2019, 03:46 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dream draft would be some how being able to come away with Metcalf and Hockenson

Yea, to get the highest rated players at 2 positions of need is more than the Jags can ask for.

A few on here has Fant over Hockenson and quite a few in here don't have Metcalf as the top WR

DK is a monster. But people need to cool it on the 1.9% BF thing. He'd literally be in the hospital or dead at that % and eye test alone, he's clearly not that low. Nor should he want to be.

(03-02-2019, 06:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: DK is a monster. But people need to cool it on the 1.9% BF thing. He'd literally be in the hospital or dead at that % and eye test alone, he's clearly not that low. Nor should he want to be.

yeah its definitely not true. A dexa scan would show him to be around 6/7% I'd say

(02-12-2019, 03:46 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Yup, with Foles.   Super Bowl bound.

(03-02-2019, 06:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: DK is a monster. But people need to cool it on the 1.9% BF thing. He'd literally be in the hospital or dead at that % and eye test alone, he's clearly not that low. Nor should he want to be.

yeah its definitely not true. A dexa scan would show him to be around 6/7% I'd say

About what I'd think too. Definitely ridiculous still.

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't Dexa scan prospects. But then they couldn't "interpret" the numbers.

DK Metcalf lit it up at the combine today. If he checks out medically, he just launched himself up the draft.

In the 2011 draft, the Falcons shocked the event, trading down from 1-27 to the Brown's 1-6, and took WR Julio Jones. In addition to the late 1st round pick, the Falcons also gave up late 2nd and 4th round picks in that draft, and added the following year's 1st and 4th round selections. ...imagine if someone fell in love with Metcalf similarly to Jones, and he's available at pick 7. Hmmm.....

However, I would be an advocate as mentioned earlier in the thread to draft Metcalf at 1-7, take the best TE remaining with the 2nd round pick, and pick up Foles in free agency. I think Hockenson will be off the board, but one of Fant or Smith will likely be there. The offense would go from a severe weakness to a strength, to pair with the formidable defense.

On offense...
RB Fournette
QB Foles
WR1 Metcalf
WR2 Chark
WR3-5 Westbrook, Lee, and Cole
TE- Fant (or Smith)
LOT- Robinson
LOG- Norwell
OC- Linder
ROG- 3rd round or free agent
ROT- Parnell (or Richardson in battle)

The draft is starting to shape up to be a good one, and pick 7 is getting better and more valuable with the positive news from players such as Murray and Metcalf.

Just imagining a Chark/Metcalf duo...

I'm not sure he's a better receiver than N'Keal Harry but with his traits and physical talent I don't mind betting that he can be