Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
something to think about!!!

its 2019. all of us here are humans,and we struggle with different things in different ways.  For me the last serveal months I been haveing a really hard time being thankful for what i have in my life still.

We lost our dog back in july,i miss haveing a dog. I am haveing a hard time moveing forward from it. I should be thankful i stilll have my parents. 

I should be thankful for the friends i have in my life. don't get me wrong here i am thankful for all of it. my point is i should focus more on whats here,and not missing.

none of us are happy with the jags bad season,but at same time we should be thankful we have a football team to cheer for.  theres not a nfl team 

in Alaska. I been fighting some depression off,and on here oseing our dog. My parents are not ready to get another dog yet. instead of getting sad,and depressed i should be thankful i still have my parents with me. 

Sometimes its supeer hard to be thankful when your really missing someone in your life that you loved.  I should be thankful we have a home,and that were not homeless. 

my point here is we seem to focus more on the bad things,when we should focus more on the Good things in our lifes cause everyone one of us here have lots to be thankful for.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good perspective, Snowie.

Be thankful for the good things. It's not always going to be easy.

Hope you have a happier 2019, buddy.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 12:40 PM by snowwolf776.)

thank you NYC4jags. I'll do my best to have a better 2019.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Snowy, a few things.

I've been down that same road, losing a dog after 15 years, she was my best friend, even there long before my wife and I met. Missing our friends and loved ones means we have memories of them that we cherish. We have not gotten another dog since she passed, and that was 6 years ago this November. We do, however, share our love of animals with friends by volunteering to dog-sit, helping rescue organizations, and share fun stories about our dog with our kids, who never knew our pupper or were too young to remember her. I encourage you to do the same, and find some therapeutic way to deal with sadness and loss.

You sound like you're pointing in the right direction - don't get down on yourself, enjoy what you do have around you. Focus on the good things, and share those joys.

I had a friend share a simple, yet wise way to look at every situation - "It could always be worse." I've often avoided dwelling on the negative when I realize the thing that I'm thinking is completely awful would be even more awful if this little thing were added to the equation.

Just like you said, the season was terrible, but a few years ago we were the butt of tarp jokes and relocation stories. I'll take a poor season over having no team to root for any day of the year!

Most of all, and I can't stress this enough....Depression is a liar. DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE LIES.

I have to remind myself of that every now and again as well. Here's to 2019!