Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pray for Allen Hurns

One of the worst I've seen.  We played it in slow mo and could see the bone pop out

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 09:43 PM by copycat.)

That was bad. I hate it for him. He is nothing but heart and it totally sucks that he had that happen to him.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

That is Thiesmann level of pain! I feel for him!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Ugh.

Hard to watch. Was hoping he'd get a chance to shine tonight.

Hope he can recover.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM by Jags.)

I’ve been painting today and had the game on. Saw Hurns get a boot and heard them say he’s off to hospital. I thought about backing it up to see what happened but they made it sound brutal. From what you guys are saying, I’m glad I didn’t. Hoping for a full recovery.

Also, since I now know not to back it up and watch, can someone explain what happened. As in how.

... and where

His ankle. He was facing down, his foot was facing upwards.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-05-2019, 09:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve been painting today and had the game on.   Saw Hurns get a boot and heard them say he’s off to hospital.  I thought about backing it up to see what happened but they made it sound brutal.   From what you guys are saying, I’m glad I didn’t.  Hoping for a full recovery.  

Also, since I now know not to back it up and watch, can someone explain what happened.  As in how.

... and where

tibia and fibula snapped above the ankle when a defender tackled him and his foot got caught in the turf.  Horrible to watch.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Hate to see this, seemed like a really good guy was one of my favorites when he was here for that reason. Especially in a league full of trash.

Hurns has always been one of my favorite players

(01-05-2019, 11:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns has always been one of my favorite players

I like him too, and I'm not trying to give you are a hard time, but weren't you one of those guys early in his rookie year saying he didn't have hands and caught everything by trapping it to his body?

(01-05-2019, 11:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns has always been one of my favorite players

I like him too, and I'm not trying to give you are a hard time, but weren't you one of those guys early in his rookie year saying he didn't have hands and caught everything by trapping it to his body?

Wasnt me, I've always been a Hurns fan

He is a warrior, and just a guy who will throw his body out there. The defender landed on his ankle as he was making the tackle and all the weight just twisted it badly.

Awful! It just goes to show what a dangerous game this is. I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he comes back 100%.

(01-05-2019, 11:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I like him too, and I'm not trying to give you are a hard time, but weren't you one of those guys early in his rookie year saying he didn't have hands and caught everything by trapping it to his body?

Wasnt me, I've always been a Hurns fan

Right on.
There were three or four posters harping on that - thought you were one of them. Long time ago. 
Most of them openly ate crow about it anyway by the end of that season. 

Would have been so great to see him have a big game tonight.

(01-05-2019, 11:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wasnt me, I've always been a Hurns fan

Right on.
There were three or four posters harping on that - thought you were one of them. Long time ago. 

I used to give them hell because they said his rookie year was a fluke and then he head 1000 yards and 10 TDs his 2nd year

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 01:42 AM by Bullseye.)

(01-05-2019, 11:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wasnt me, I've always been a Hurns fan

Right on.

I did not make that argument.

I maintained he was overrated because he was the underdog story, and fans like rooting for the underdog.

However, I admitted I was wrong and he was legit.

That said, being an early doubter skeptic of his ability does not mean I wanted this to happen to him tonight.

I hope for the speediest and fullest of recovery for Hurns with a minimum of pain.

The occasion of his injury is an odd time for an I told you so.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-06-2019, 01:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Right on.

I went out of my way to not do that at all actually.  
I prudently asked a question and made no claim of being right or wrong about anything.

(01-06-2019, 01:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: ...

I went out of my way to not do that at all actually.  
I prudently asked a question and made no claim of being right or wrong about anything.

Then why endeavor to remind someone/make inquiry of someone's alleged anti Hurns opinions now?

I guess aside from the "I told you so" value, I don't see the prudence in that line of questioning.

If I misinterpreted your intent, a hearty mea culpa from me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-06-2019, 02:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I went out of my way to not do that at all actually.  

Then why endeavor to remind someone/make inquiry of someone's alleged anti Hurns opinions now?

I guess aside from the "I told you so" value, I don't see the prudence in that line of questioning.

If I misinterpreted your intent, a hearty mea culpa from me.

I made myself clear. I prefaced the inquiry. 
There was no animosity, only curiosity. 
There was no I told you so.
What would I possibly have told to be so? 
Sorry if it offended you. 
Just reminiscing to the early days of Hurns discussion on this board.