Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette versus Watson

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 10:19 AM by old_man.)

Fournette may be cut before next season,  but Deshawn Watson layed out a stinker in the playoff game versus the Dolts.....

Fournette is still a better pick.

Wait until next year Watson will even be worse.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2019, 10:19 AM)old_man Wrote: Fournette may be cut before next season,  but Deshawn Watson layed out a stinker in the playoff game versus the Dolts.....

Bwahahaha

I really hope you’re kidding. Watson was coming off a torn ACL with one of the worst OLines in football. If anything, he will be even better next year.

Fournette is not and never was never the better draft choice. Fournette couldn’t even play a full season and when healthy still couldn’t “play” this season! I like the dude but he has some growing up to do or he’ll have to just except his draft hype as his legacy.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

2 Watson threads within 2 minutes. Why all the hate?

I'd take Watson if we had the time machine.

Yeah, Watson’s confidence was systemically dismantled by a well prepared Colts defense while Luck and company nearly flawlessly executed a superior game plan. And you could see it in Luck’s eyes pregame. He could not wait to get to work . Man! The Colts looked very sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 11:59 AM by MoJagFan.)

(01-06-2019, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd take Watson if we had the time machine.

Agree.  I'd also probably take Leonard from the Colts at linebacker over Bryan as well.

EDIT:
Honestly I wish the NFL had let the Colts stay with the AFC East and Put Miami in with us in the AFC South.  It wouldn't make our division better it would just keep us from being stuck with Colts owning the division.  Would have made Brady have to play Peyton 2x during the regular season as well.

Oh well if wishes were fishes, I still wouldn't eat them.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:11 PM by SeldomRite.)

At this point Watson isn't a true franchise passer and looks an awful lot like Kaepernick in his good seasons. Maybe he'll get better or maybe not, but Fournette was a terrible pick, and Watson would have been the better selection.

It's amazing how the Jaguars continually manage to find the turd in the candy bar stack come draft time.

(01-06-2019, 10:19 AM)old_man Wrote: Fournette may be cut before next season,  but Deshawn Watson layed out a stinker in the playoff game versus the Dolts.....

I'm sorry, but I couldn't even finish reading this post wondering if you were on crack.. 

Praying for you buddy.. serious am

Honestly I think Watson had a great season overall. And not a ton of QBs do great in their playoff debut.

(01-06-2019, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd take Watson if we had the time machine.

Me too, but in a devil's advocate kind of way there is a case to be made that it's better to go 4-12 and get yourself a proper QB who can win in the playoffs instead of having a decent QB who can you get you to 10-6 and into the playoffs but not beyond.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM by roycee.)

(01-06-2019, 12:33 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Me too, but in a devil's advocate kind of way there is a case to be made that it's better to go 4-12 and get yourself a proper QB who can win in the playoffs instead of having a decent QB who can you get you to 10-6 and into the playoffs but not beyond.

But realistically the guy has played 20 something games in his NFL career and has had 1 playoff appearance, there's no way to tell that he is or isn't a guy who'll be able to win in the playoffs in the future based on the one game.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 01:06 PM by Caldrac.)

Watson will only get better. His offensive line is atrocious. It has been that way since we tore it apart and got after him in the 2017 season opener. What people fail to realize though is just how good the clots have been this year.

I have been saying it on here since last year. When Luck is healthy. The clots always have a chance to be in the play-off mix. Now that his offensive line is improving and he's actually able to stay upright he's back to his old ways of picking teams apart at will. That defense was also better than people care to admit. That LB they stole out of South Carolina is awesome.

But Reich is a chip off of Andy Reid's block. So it's not a surprise at all that he has them in the position they are now in.

But as far as Watson Vs. Fournette? It's not even a contest. Watson is by far the more valuable player. He effects the ground game probably BETTER than Fournette does when he manages to have his sorry [BLEEP] out there playing for us. Fournette is not even the best RB from his class.

McCaffrey is a much more complete player at this position. He does literally everything for the Panthers. He was involved in some astronomically high percentage of snaps for that team last year and he's actually proven that he can hold up just fine physically in the NFL. Cohen is better as well in CHI. Kamara is better in NOLA. Hunt was also better until he got [BLEEP] canned for being a dumb [BLEEP] off the field.

So... yeah. Don't see your point there man. Major dud. And the other thing a lot of folks missed in that game yesterday. Outside of Hopkins he didn't have Fuller but instead two other rookie receivers to sling it towards. And they were without Demaryius Thomas who turned it on after the trade there.

Honestly as long as Watson and Luck are healthy. Our team and the ticky tack [BLEEP] of tennessee will always be in an uphill battle until we've proven we can get it done on offense with a franchise QB. Doesn't matter if our defense can shut them down or out or limit them. They're or were in the play-offs. We ain't.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 01:10 PM by JackCity.)

(01-06-2019, 12:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: At this point Watson isn't a true franchise passer and looks an awful lot like Kaepernick in his good seasons. Maybe he'll get better or maybe not, but Fournette was a terrible pick, and Watson would have been the better selection.

It's amazing how the Jaguars continually manage to find the turd in the candy bar stack come draft time.

I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

Wishful thinking with your teal shades on but woefully incorrect.  

Why do you think Watson will be even worse?

(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: At this point Watson isn't a true franchise passer and looks an awful lot like Kaepernick in his good seasons. Maybe he'll get better or maybe not, but Fournette was a terrible pick, and Watson would have been the better selection.

I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

It's true that Kaepernick has a much stronger arm, but they're both one read guys whose biggest strength is in their legs, which is my main point of comparison.

(01-06-2019, 01:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

It's true that Kaepernick has a much stronger arm, but they're both one read guys whose biggest strength is in their legs, which is my main point of comparison.

Nah.

(01-06-2019, 01:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

Ok so you've never watched Watson thats fine.  Watson has always been a very good passing QB who can also run when he needs to. He has multiple progressions and reads in BOBs scheme and has thrived.  

Not that im surprised you have another woefully misinformed take on something football related.

(01-06-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's true that Kaepernick has a much stronger arm, but they're both one read guys whose biggest strength is in their legs, which is my main point of comparison.

Ok so you've never watched Watson thats fine.  Watson has always been a very good passing QB who can also run when he needs to. He has multiple progressions and reads in BOBs scheme and has thrived.  

Not that im surprised you have another woefully misinformed take on something football related.

He looked great passing the ball yesterday!
Huh

(01-06-2019, 12:29 PM)roycee Wrote: Honestly I think Watson had a great season overall. And not a ton of QBs do great in their playoff debut.

He missed easy throws and routinely threw the ball in the dirt...
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Its laughable to me that anyone would take Watson over Mahomes