Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette versus Watson

Trust me lol, we're happy with Deshaun Watson... (worth every pick)

How's that top 5 pick RB working out for ya

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2019, 03:02 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: Oh interesting. Tell me what teams will be trying to do that they aren't already doing to stop Watson, im all ears

Oh wasn't there a game yesterday?  Maybe I was dreaming that the Colts had a blueprint on stopping oh great Watson.

(01-06-2019, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Might need to get your eyes checked old man.

You’re driving 45 in the left lane with your blinker on.

Did you not watch the game,  oh your just being bias......like always.

He Kinda looked like Bortles.....Even Hopkins was pissed he threw the ball in the dirt in the ENDZONE!!!

haha.

By the way I am not that old.....just saying

I watched yes. Thankfully I aim not to use single game samples as evidence of how someone plays.    

So whats the blueprint to stop Watson? Cover 2? Because we have multiple games of him cutting that up.

(01-06-2019, 03:15 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:02 PM)old_man Wrote: Oh wasn't there a game yesterday?  Maybe I was dreaming that the Colts had a blueprint on stopping oh great Watson.

Did you not watch the game,  oh your just being bias......like always.

He Kinda looked like Bortles.....Even Hopkins was pissed he threw the ball in the dirt in the ENDZONE!!!

haha.

By the way I am not that old.....just saying

I watched yes. Thankfully I aim not to use single game samples as evidence of how someone plays.    

So whats the blueprint to stop Watson? Cover 2? Because we have multiple games of him cutting that up.

Stop Hopkins

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 03:26 PM by old_man.)

(01-06-2019, 03:12 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Trust me lol, we're happy with Deshaun Watson... (worth every pick)

Not sure.  but I am sure that the Jags and the Texans are now just watching the playoffs...

1 and done.......

Poor Watson.....he was crying about every play that the Colts made on D and was happy pumping a 1st down even though his TEAM was down 21 points....lol.

What a dope.

Maybe he thought every first down was worth 6 points.....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-06-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: I watched yes. Thankfully I aim not to use single game samples as evidence of how someone plays.    

Stop Hopkins

We've already seen Watson play great and win games when Nuk hasn't done much though and he's near impossible to stop as is

(01-06-2019, 03:23 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:12 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Trust me lol, we're happy with Deshaun Watson... (worth every pick)

Not sure.  but I am sure that the Jags and the Texans are now just watching the playoffs...

1 and done.......

Poor Watson.....he was crying about every play that the Colts made on D and was happy pumping a 1st down even though his TEAM was down 21 points....lol.

What a dope.

1 and done is better than a 5-11 season.

Also, it’s not hard to see Fournette was the wrong choice. He’s like the 6th best RB of the 2017 class and he was the 1st one taken.

The Jags would be much much better off with Watson than Fournette and that’s obvious.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 03:40 PM by old_man.)

(01-06-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:23 PM)old_man Wrote: Not sure.  but I am sure that the Jags and the Texans are now just watching the playoffs...

1 and done.......

What a dope.

1 and done is better than a 5-11 season.

Also, it’s not hard to see Fournette was the wrong choice. He’s like the 6th best RB of the 2017 class and he was the 1st one taken.

The Jags would be much much better off with Watson than Fournette and that’s obvious.

I guess.  If we made the playoffs and lost like they did.... I would not have cared about making the playoffs.  I am ok with the 5 - 11 record knowing the injuries and some of the selfish players we had and the purge for next season.

Jags would have not been better with Watson,  he may have been on IR with the lack of WRs and OL play.

Shoot he may have been able to set the highest sack record in NFL history behind our OLine.

(01-06-2019, 03:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Stop Hopkins

We've already seen Watson play great and win games when Nuk hasn't done much though and he's near impossible to stop as is

Lets revisit this next season,  I bet he is on IR before the end of next season.

(01-06-2019, 03:39 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 1 and done is better than a 5-11 season.

I guess.  If we made the playoffs and lost like they did.... I would not have cared about making the playoffs.  I am ok with the 5 - 11 record knowing the injuries and some of the selfish players we had and the purge for next season.

Jags would have not been better with Watson,  he may have been on IR with the lack of WRs and OL play.

Shoot he may have been able to set the highest sack record in NFL history behind our OLine.

(01-06-2019, 03:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: We've already seen Watson play great and win games when Nuk hasn't done much though and he's near impossible to stop as is

Lets revisit this next season,  I bet he is on IR before the end of next season.

You are aware that the Texans line was close to as bad as ours right? Yet Watson was still able to play at a high level.

(01-06-2019, 03:39 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 1 and done is better than a 5-11 season.

(01-06-2019, 03:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: We've already seen Watson play great and win games when Nuk hasn't done much though and he's near impossible to stop as is

Glad you’re ok with having a loser mentality.

I’ll take playoffs over 5-11 every year.

(01-06-2019, 03:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Stop Hopkins

It's because Hopkins draws so much attention to open things up for other guys. It's rare for Watson to do anything though if teams can [BLEEP] down Hopkins

(01-06-2019, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:39 PM)old_man Wrote: I guess.  If we made the playoffs and lost like they did.... I would not have cared about making the playoffs.  I am ok with the 5 - 11 record knowing the injuries and some of the selfish players we had and the purge for next season.

Glad you’re ok with having a loser mentality.

I’ll take playoffs over 5-11 every year.

Yeah.  Texans won the division and were in the playoffs and got crushed by the Colts...

I am more realistic than you,  it is ok.....

You would be crying your [BLEEP] off,  if this happened to the Jags.  Nice try though.

(01-06-2019, 04:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

It's because Hopkins draws so much attention to open things up for other guys. It's rare for Watson to do anything though if teams can [BLEEP] down Hopkins

Agreed. Nuk is a one man offense in ways few are. 
He's only been truly shutdown in 4 games this year and Watson played well in probably 1.5 of them

Watson would make our team better than Fournette does. However I would not want Watson as our franchise QB. I believe he is severely overrated.

(01-06-2019, 08:04 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Watson would make our team better than Fournette does. However I would not want Watson as our franchise QB. I believe he is severely overrated.

Why would you not want him as our franchise QB

(01-06-2019, 08:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 08:04 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Watson would make our team better than Fournette does. However I would not want Watson as our franchise QB. I believe he is severely overrated.

Why would you not want him as our franchise QB

I should have worded it better. I dont think he is a franchise QB. So I would not like to be stuck with what I think is a league average QB for the foreseeable future.

(01-06-2019, 09:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 08:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Why would you not want him as our franchise QB

I should have worded it better. I dont think he is a franchise QB. So I would not like to be stuck with what I think is a league average QB for the foreseeable future.

Didn't you say you would like to have Stafford though?

(01-06-2019, 09:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 08:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Why would you not want him as our franchise QB

Okay, well why don't you think he's a franchise QB?
If your only argument is that he doesn't have a rocket arm then you are looking at the wrong things.

Watson's pretty scrappy, but I think Fournette probably has enough of a weight advantage that he'd put him out.

(01-06-2019, 09:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I should have worded it better. I dont think he is a franchise QB. So I would not like to be stuck with what I think is a league average QB for the foreseeable future.

Okay, well why don't you think he's a franchise QB?
If your only argument is that he doesn't have a rocket arm then you are looking at the wrong things.

A good amount of the sacks he took this year were due to him holding the ball too long. He takes a long time to go through his progressions. Hes also fairly careless with the football. He improved somewhat this year, but he threw a ton of interceptions his senior year in college and his first year in the nfl he was far and away the leader in turnover worthy throws before his injury.

(01-07-2019, 01:39 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: Okay, well why don't you think he's a franchise QB?

A good amount of the sacks he took this year were due to him holding the ball too long. He takes a long time to go through his progressions. Hes also fairly careless with the football. He improved somewhat this year, but he threw a ton of interceptions his senior year in college and his first year in the nfl he was far and away the leader in turnover worthy throws before his injury.

A good amount of his sacks were because he has a god awful line too and he actually avoided plenty of sacks with his mobility too. Does he hold the ball longer than most, yes, but it's his style of play and he's been a high level passer at every single level with it. Playmaking QBs generally hold the ball longer and take more sacks.

His interception rate in college when you factor in how much he threw the ball wasn't that bad. My concern was with how often he didn't see the underneath defender but he's cleaned that up.    

Taking lots of sacks behind a bottom 3 line and having an average interception rate throughout college and the NFL aren't valid reasons to discredit the rest of what he brings. He essentially had the same passer rating as Philip Rivers this year despite how much more pressure he was under