Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette versus Watson

(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: At this point Watson isn't a true franchise passer and looks an awful lot like Kaepernick in his good seasons. Maybe he'll get better or maybe not, but Fournette was a terrible pick, and Watson would have been the better selection.

It's amazing how the Jaguars continually manage to find the turd in the candy bar stack come draft time.

I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

(01-06-2019, 10:19 AM)old_man Wrote: Fournette may be cut before next season,  but Deshawn Watson layed out a stinker in the playoff game versus the Dolts.....

Fournette is still a better pick.

Wait until next year Watson will even be worse.

Wishful thinking with your teal shades on but woefully incorrect.  

Why do you think Watson will be even worse?

More tape.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we had a time machine it would be 1 Mahomes, 2. McCaffrey

(01-06-2019, 02:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd take Watson if we had the time machine.

Its laughable to me that anyone would take Watson over Mahomes

If the question were go back and take anyone I'd take Mahomes, but between just Fournette and almost all of the other guys taken in the first round, including Watson, just about anyone else would have been better.

(01-06-2019, 02:17 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:29 PM)roycee Wrote: Honestly I think Watson had a great season overall. And not a ton of QBs do great in their playoff debut.

He missed easy throws and routinely threw the ball in the dirt...
Might need to get your eyes checked old man.

You’re driving 45 in the left lane with your blinker on.

I'd like to see what Watson could do without Hopkins. We seen last night what happens if he cant get it to Hopkins

(01-06-2019, 02:17 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:29 PM)roycee Wrote: Honestly I think Watson had a great season overall. And not a ton of QBs do great in their playoff debut.

He missed easy throws and routinely threw the ball in the dirt...

Yes. He had a bad game. 

Overall, this season in its entirety he had a great season.

(01-06-2019, 02:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its laughable to me that anyone would take Watson over Mahomes

If the question were go back and take anyone I'd take Mahomes, but between just Fournette and almost all of the other guys taken in the first round, including Watson, just about anyone else would have been better.

Yeah, if we wanted to take a RB for the life of me I dont see how we didn't take the guy that broke Barry Sanders record.

(01-06-2019, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd like to see what Watson could do without Hopkins.  We seen last night what happens if he cant get it to Hopkins

In this scenario does he get Fuller and Thomas back or is he without them too?

(01-06-2019, 02:27 PM)roycee Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd like to see what Watson could do without Hopkins.  We seen last night what happens if he cant get it to Hopkins

We should be fair and let him have Moncrief, Coles, and O'Shaughnessy.

(01-06-2019, 02:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:27 PM)roycee Wrote: In this scenario does he get Fuller and Thomas back or is he without them too?

Would be an upgrade over the guys he had last night outside of hopkins.

(01-06-2019, 11:14 AM)Jags Wrote: 2 Watson threads within 2 minutes.  Why all the hate?

All the crying about wanna be GMs....

(01-06-2019, 02:20 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

More tape.

Oh interesting. Tell me what teams will be trying to do that they aren't already doing to stop Watson, im all ears

Good point.
Fuller was looking like the real deal before injury and Thomas probably has another good season in him.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 02:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-06-2019, 02:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:27 PM)roycee Wrote: In this scenario does he get Fuller and Thomas back or is he without them too?

Lol

Sure, Fuller is pretty damn good too though.  Cant wait till we get another stud WR.  I do think Dede has a chance to be that guy though.

(01-06-2019, 01:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: I take it you've never watched Watson or Kaepernick then

It's true that Kaepernick has a much stronger arm, but they're both one read guys whose biggest strength is in their legs, which is my main point of comparison.

Except Watson is a QB who can actually pass the but can run too..

Seriously y'alls criticism of the guy is cracking me up, because it's obvious some of you have never seen him play out of a handful of games. Lol

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM by old_man.)

(01-06-2019, 02:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:20 PM)old_man Wrote: More tape.

Oh interesting. Tell me what teams will be trying to do that they aren't already doing to stop Watson, im all ears

Oh wasn't there a game yesterday?  Maybe I was dreaming that the Colts had a blueprint on stopping oh great Watson.

(01-06-2019, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:17 PM)old_man Wrote: He missed easy throws and routinely threw the ball in the dirt...
Might need to get your eyes checked old man.

You’re driving 45 in the left lane with your blinker on.

Did you not watch the game,  oh your just being bias......like always.

He Kinda looked like Bortles.....Even Hopkins was pissed he threw the ball in the dirt in the ENDZONE!!!

haha.

By the way I am not that old.....just saying

(01-06-2019, 02:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: We should be fair and let him have Moncrief, Coles, and O'Shaughnessy.

Lol

Sure, Fuller is pretty damn good too though.  Cant wait till we get another stud WR.  I do think Dede has a chance to be that guy though.

I think Chark with another year of development and a better QB should be good. I gotta find the video but Bortles rolled out Chark broke off his route was WIDE open and Bortles threw it about 6 feet over his head.

Dude threw for over 4100 yards and 29 TDs, at a plus 68% rate, with a ravaged wr core.. despite playing behind the worst offensive line in the NFL.

.. and only 9 INTs to boot, so you know the poster I'm quoting is full of crap since he said DW was a interception machine.

(01-06-2019, 03:05 PM)roycee Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

I think Chark with another year of development and a better QB should be good. I gotta find the video but Bortles rolled out Chark broke off his route was WIDE open and Bortles threw it about 6 feet over his head.

I'd love if Chark proves me wrong.  I was really high on Gallup and still cant believe we took Chard over Gallup if we wanted a WR.  With the way Grier can throw a deep ball I think that could be a deadly combo if Chark improve a bit.

(01-06-2019, 03:05 PM)roycee Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

Yeah - I feel good about Westbrook/Lee/Chark heading into 2019. Of course I'd love to see an addition - but I think that group will produce good numbers with a decent QB.

on topic: 

Watson's poor accuracy yesterday is not indicative of his typical performance.  I think it would be foolish to set the bar for him there.