Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan: How Do Jags Fans feel?

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:37 PM by BuffaloRush.)

I’m curious to know how all of y’all feel about Jags co-owner Tony Khan.  Rumor is that he is putting together a pro wrestling company paying wrestlers money to join.

Basically it would be like a really rich football fan trying to start a company to rival the NFL.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=w...8709351482

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He seems well regarded among the younger set of the fanbase.

I like the guy even though I'm not really in that category anymore.

I have some trepidation about the reports of him having a voice in some of the questionable decisions made by the organization in the past, but I think the presence of Coughlin has tempered that. He has someone to defer to more confidently now. For better or for worse.

Couldn't really care less about the wrestling bit. Given our demographic in Duval, it's likely to be a hit with most of those that are already on board with Tony.

His key role with the Jags is heading our analytics dept.
With Marrone and Coughlin at the helm, that role is likely marginalized by their old school methodology.

Here's your link minus the redirect:
link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaziqu...354876514c

Don't really keep up with him. I think the last time I recall hearing anything about him was when they were applying analytics and other unorthodox methods to the team when it came to the scouting and drafting process. But that was over a year or two ago I think.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Who?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nothing wrong with him
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Cool dude, extremely smart.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Don’t know anything about him other than he used to do some useless analytics.

Who cares....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Better start smooching his keister because eventually the decision is his if this franchise stays on Jacksonville.

(01-06-2019, 02:26 PM)old_man Wrote: Who cares....

Exactly.

(01-06-2019, 02:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Better start smooching his keister because eventually the decision is his if this franchise stays on Jacksonville.

What a miserable way to think about a football team. 

Man, I'm glad I'm not cursed with this kind of negativity.

Shouldn't this topic be moved?
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-06-2019, 03:06 PM)old_man Wrote: Shouldn't this topic be moved?

Why? He's Jaguars not anything else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-06-2019, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He seems well regarded among the younger set of the fanbase.

I have some trepidation about the reports of him having a voice in some of the questionable decisions made by the organization in the past, but I think the presence of Coughlin has tempered that. He has someone to defer to more confidently now. For better or for worse.

Couldn't really care less about the wrestling bit.  Given our demographic in Duval, it's likely to be a hit with most of those that are already on board with Tony.

With Marrone and Coughlin at the helm, that role is likely marginalized by their old school methodology.

Which moves was tony for or against again? I remember Beasley over Fowler but thats it

(01-06-2019, 05:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He seems well regarded among the younger set of the fanbase.

Couldn't really care less about the wrestling bit.  Given our demographic in Duval, it's likely to be a hit with most of those that are already on board with Tony.

Which moves was tony for or against again? I remember Beasley over Fowler but thats it

I'm primarily referring to the Bradley hire and extension. 
Caldwell (after Bradley was gone) stated the decisions were not his alone and mentioned "The Khans" not just "Khan."

(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Better start smooching his keister because eventually the decision is his if this franchise stays on Jacksonville.

I used to think he was kind of funny, always playing a minor troll to liberals/left in the political forum or something. Not a hard pot to stir, low hanging fruit that will get their feathers ruffled easily.

Then I realized he is that angry and abrasive pretty much everywhere.

(01-07-2019, 09:48 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What a miserable way to think about a football team. 

I used to think he was kind of funny, always playing a minor troll to liberals/left in the political forum or something. Not a hard pot to stir, low hanging fruit that will get their feathers ruffled easily.

Then I realized he is that angry and abrasive pretty much everywhere.

I first realized he was angry when they made the second Star Trek movie about him.....

(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Just stating facts. I understand facts aren't usually popular on this forum.

(01-07-2019, 10:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What a miserable way to think about a football team. 

That's not a fact.  Keeping a football team in a city doesn't hinge on anyone kissing someone's keister. LOL

It relies on a city's population supporting a team with ticket sales -   and the executives, coaching staff, and players of the team fielding a winning product. 

You are both a. Assuming Tony will be tempted/want to relocate the team  - and b. assuming he will require some sort of stupid pandering to stay put. 

Your post wasn't "facts" it was nothing but the squawking of a weak-minded individual with a pitiful view of the actual dynamics of the situation.

(01-07-2019, 10:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

'Facts'
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]