Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clemson Vs. Alabama

This Clemson QB is gonna ball out in the NFL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a beating. Not sure on any of the playcalls on 4th down by Bama.

Saban usually looks angry but I love when he's this angry!

Can’t believe Lawrence and Ross both freshman. Gonna terrorize for a couple years

(01-08-2019, 12:05 AM)jaglyn Wrote: This Clemson QB is gonna ball out in the NFL

Can't even be touched for at least 2 more years.

We still tanking for Tua, or...?

(01-08-2019, 12:05 AM)jaglyn Wrote: This Clemson QB is gonna ball out in the NFL

The only criticism I have of him is that he needs to add about 15-20 lbs. which is no big deal. He's got a good arm and he's tough as nails. He's certainly not afraid of contact, but he's very lean. If I'm Sweeney and he's gonna run that much, I make it a goal for him to add weight in the offseason.

(01-08-2019, 01:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

The only criticism I have of him is that he needs to add about 15-20 lbs. which is no big deal. He's got a good arm and he's tough as nails. He's certainly not afraid of contact, but he's very lean. If I'm Sweeney and he's gonna run that much, I make it a goal for him to add weight in the offseason.

Hes 19. He will fill out

(01-08-2019, 01:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

He has broad shoulders and already has good musculature. He'll fill out just fine.

(01-08-2019, 01:07 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: We still tanking for Tua, or...?
Thank you!

“This QB class sucks. Wait for 2020!”

2020 is no guarantee for anything. Tua and Fromm might even stay in school after next season. Not to mention they’re not some world beaters. Lawerence is a MUCH better prospect than those 2.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 10:31 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-07-2019, 09:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Tua knows how to win. I'll take him.

So did Tebow

(01-07-2019, 09:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Tank for Lawerence 2021

Tank for Trevor sounds better

(01-07-2019, 09:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Tua knows how to win. I'll take him.
Welllllll

Not last night.

(01-08-2019, 12:39 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Can’t believe Lawrence and Ross both freshman. Gonna terrorize for a couple years

True Freshman --- even more amazing.

Geez.... Was not expecting that at all.
Bama's D getting carved up was surprising. But playcalling and the fact that Bama got less than 20 points is mind boggling.

I knew Clemson was good, but that felt like a little of Clemson being good and Bama just imploding for some reason.
Also...
Couple things of note... Bama's OL got worked while Clemson was missing their best DL guy. Jonah Williams is NOT a top ten OT, nor is he a LT at the next level. So we can put that to rest. They have pass rushers in the NFL better than Ferrell. And dude abused Williams much of the game.
Bama's secondary got worked which everyone knew could happen if their DL didn't get home quick enough. But damn.
Tua, a number of their WRs, Najee and Jacobs, are all returning for Bama.
Most of Clemson's offense is returning.
Gonna be fun to watch pt 4 (or 5 depending on if you count the semis from last year) next year.

I think Clemson and Bama could be the next expansion teams for the NFL.
But in all seriousness... I'm not sure how anyone could think UCF or Notre Dame even belong in the same conversation as these clubs. Bama looked dominant much of the season and got worked by Clemson, who looked pretty good most of the season too.
No other college even comes close (for now). Not my Gators... not Ohio State... no one.....it is sick.

(01-08-2019, 02:00 PM)Kane Wrote: Geez.... Was not expecting that at all.
Bama's D getting carved up was surprising. But playcalling and the fact that Bama got less than 20 points is mind boggling.

I knew Clemson was good, but that felt like a little of Clemson being good and Bama just imploding for some reason.
Also...
Couple things of note... Bama's OL got worked while Clemson was missing their best DL guy.  Jonah Williams is NOT a top ten OT, nor is he a LT at the next level. So we can put that to rest. They have pass rushers in the NFL better than Ferrell. And dude abused Williams much of the game.
Bama's secondary got worked which everyone knew could happen if their DL didn't get home quick enough. But damn.
Gonna be fun to watch pt 4 (or 5 depending on if you count the semis from last year) next year.

But in all seriousness... I'm not sure how anyone could think UCF or Notre Dame even belong in the same conversation as these clubs. Bama looked dominant much of the season and got worked by Clemson, who looked pretty good most of the season too.
No other college even comes close (for now). Not my Gators... not Ohio State... no one.....it is sick.

You are wildly overreacting to one game with Jonah Williams. Not wise.

(01-08-2019, 02:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Also...
Couple things of note... Bama's OL got worked while Clemson was missing their best DL guy.  Jonah Williams is NOT a top ten OT, nor is he a LT at the next level. So we can put that to rest. They have pass rushers in the NFL better than Ferrell. And dude abused Williams much of the game.

Don't draft anyone from Alabama because they have all they play with 4,5 star recruits that they make them look good than the really hard and they don't have work hard on their craft and when they come to the pros they be a bust.

(01-08-2019, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 01:07 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: We still tanking for Tua, or...?
Thank you!

2020 is no guarantee for anything. Tua and Fromm might even stay in school after next season. Not to mention they’re not some world beaters. Lawerence is a MUCH better prospect than those 2.

Lawrence is the prize of the next 3 years, I think everyone agrees with that. But after him, there is no reason Haskins isn't second. He's every bit the prospect that Tua and Fromm are IMO. Do what it takes to get him.

And I said this in another thread before Tua's stinker last night.

(01-08-2019, 06:13 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Thank you!

Lawrence is the prize of the next 3 years, I think everyone agrees with that. But after him, there is no reason Haskins isn't second. He's every bit the prospect that Tua and Fromm are IMO. Do what it takes to get him.

And I said this in another thread before Tua's stinker last night.
I 100% agree.

(01-08-2019, 02:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Also...

HAHAHA
I watched every game this year for Bama. So I'm not.

It was speculated prior to this game that Jonah Williams struggled against really good pass rushers only he didn't face too many on Bama's schedule.
Much better in run game than pass pro.
I've read that he is better suited as a RT in the NFL.
How many RTs get taken top 10? Just wondering.

He's the guy who stepped on Tua's ankle in SEC championship while getting bullied back by UGA DL.

I've been watching him because I was once interested in selecting him and book ending him with Cam.
But I feel like he's a worse prospect than Cam and we already have plenty of fans wanting to move Cam to RT or complaining about his play (in like 16 games and a preseason) in general

(01-09-2019, 12:13 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 02:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: You are wildly overreacting to one game with Jonah Williams. Not wise.

HAHAHA

It was speculated prior to this game that Jonah Williams struggled against really good pass rushers only he didn't face too many on Bama's schedule.

He's the guy who stepped on Tua's ankle in SEC championship while getting bullied back by UGA DL.

I've been watching him because I was once interested in selecting him and book ending him with Cam.
But I feel like he's a worse prospect than Cam and we already have plenty of fans wanting to move Cam to RT or complaining about his play (in like 16 games and a preseason) in general

He's a better pro prospect coming out than Cam and much more polished as a pass protector. Thats why he'll go in the top 15 picks where as Cam fell.    
Williams was the best tackle in the country this year too, only allowed 9 pressures and was dominant as a run blocker.  

I don't agree he's better "suited" to the right. Elite pass rushers are plentiful on both sides now and based on everything we've seen Williams has real polished technique and footwork, moving him to the right wouldn't make sense unless you already have a high end LT.

(01-09-2019, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 12:13 PM)Kane Wrote: HAHAHA

He's a better pro prospect coming out than Cam and much more polished as a pass protector. Thats why he'll go in the top 15 picks where as Cam fell.    
Williams was the best tackle in the country this year too, only allowed 9 pressures and was dominant as a run blocker.  

I don't agree he's better "suited" to the right. Elite pass rushers are plentiful on both sides now and based on everything we've seen Williams has real polished technique and footwork, moving him to the right wouldn't make sense unless you already have a high end LT.

I don't doubt he's drafted top 15 (GMs reach all the time and OT is premium position). I just don't think he's worth a top ten selection as a LT. I don't think he comes in as a day 1 starter at LT. He has issues with his length, his ability against rushers with good bend. I wouldn't take him at 7. Or in the top ten. And I wouldn't play him over Cam Robinson. Maybe it came off like I was calling him trash, but I wasn't. Just no longer as high on him as I once was.
Thought he would play better against good competition. He didn't.
Much in the same way that watching a QB I like early in the season struggle under the lights would have him slide down my board, I was on the fence about perhaps Jax taking Williams at 7 if, for instance, Haskins is gone (maybe Lock too). Now I would prefer to take one of the defensive studs or trade down.