Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kingsbury to be hired as Cardinals HC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good hire. Could be the guy they need to get Rosen on track going into his 2nd year. I really think this front office [BLEEP] up this year by doubling back down on Marrone.

With guys like Arians, McCarthy, McDaniels and now Kingsbury in play we had an opportunity to potentially address this team's biggest weakness. And that's offense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Good hire. Could be the guy they need to get Rosen on track going into his 2nd year. I really think this front office [BLEEP] up this year by doubling back down on Marrone.

With guys like Arians, McCarthy, McDaniels and now Kingsbury in play we had an opportunity to potentially address this team's biggest weakness. And that's offense.

Could be great or could flame out quickly. He has to find someone to run the defense that is good or he gets fired again like his last job.
I wish the Jags would have brought him in once he got fired, at least they could have learned something and got a buyout.

I doubt the Jags would have gotten Arians or Kingsbury. McCarthy may end up waiting a year and McDaniels is chickening out again. It's too bad the Jags don't have any stability to get any creative OCs.

(01-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Good hire. Could be the guy they need to get Rosen on track going into his 2nd year. I really think this front office [BLEEP] up this year by doubling back down on Marrone.

Kingsbury is an offensive mastermind that, thus far, has failed as a head coach. This is far from a "sure thing" hire.

(01-09-2019, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status...4027147264

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/statu...0080595968

This is a "great" hire?!?

This is another argument for firing Marrone?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If they have a good enough DC this could be a good hire. But I thought if anything he'd be an OC not a head coach

(01-09-2019, 10:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...

This is a "great" hire?!?

This is another argument for firing Marrone?!?

Lots of folks in the twittersphere questioning the hire today.

Good on them for thinking outside the box but I'm not sure the plan is a good one. That Cardinals team is reaal bad and needs a lot of work, likely a pretty bad team year 1.
For a young coach like Kingsbury who's never coached in the NFL and has done very little in college bar do good work with QBs its gonna be tough to get his locker room to buy in to that.

McVay may have been young but he already had a strong track record in the NFL , had NFL bloodlines and its also pretty evident now he's pretty special personality wise. Oh yeah and he hit the ground running so the locker room had no reason to suspect anything of him.

Those players won't respect him at all.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 03:54 AM by JaguarKick.)

I have been a Texas Tech fan forever, and this is a terrible hire. We were excited for Kingsbury, but he was a complete disappointment. His calls are questionable, and he will try to fit square pegs into round holes. He's far from an offensive mastermind. His offenses do one thing well. Might as well hire Mike Leach.

We dodged a bullet by not even having him as a coordinator. His offense won't work in the NFL.

Also of note, he was unable to recognize what he had in Mayfield and essentially chased him off the team. This guy had both Mayfield and Mahomes and couldn't win.