Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags expected to Part ways with Malik Jackson

Not really a shocker

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...er-week-17

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As expected.

Link was offensive line rankings for me, anyone else?

This move is definitely expected. I was wondering if they could get a 6th rounder for him, but probably not.

Did Malik play well this year? And is there any way they can slide Bryan in there to take his place?

Not a surprise at all. Taven Bryan will step in.

The link is wrong and it's for offensive line rankings.  

But everyone knows Malik is gone, he was no longer the starter by the end of the year and he was the weak link on the D-line.

We should be trading him.

(01-09-2019, 08:19 AM)JackCity Wrote: We should be trading him.

He has a big salary and was on the bench the whole second half of the season.

What trade value would he have?

In a best case scenario maybe we can recoup the pick we gave up for Dareus.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 08:56 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-09-2019, 07:46 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: The link is wrong and it's for offensive line rankings.  

But everyone knows Malik is gone, he was no longer the starter by the end of the year and he was the weak link on the D-line.

My bad,for some reason it wont let me copy link, I'm on mobile.  Just Google Malik Jackson and it will pop up.

Hopefully we keep cutting to make room for Foles

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 09:07 AM by JackCity.)

(01-09-2019, 08:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:19 AM)JackCity Wrote: We should be trading him.

He has a big salary and was on the bench the whole second half of the season.

He's under 30 and was one of the top pass rushing 3 techs in the league for a few seasons. Those players always have good trade value. 

I'd imagine any team trading for him would try restructure. Malik would probably prefer that to being cut too if he had his way too

(01-09-2019, 09:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: He has a big salary and was on the bench the whole second half of the season.

He's under 30 and was one of the top pass rushing 3 techs in the league for a few seasons. Those players always have good trade value. 

I'd imagine any team trading for him would try restructure. Malik would probably prefer that to being cut too if he had his way too

I get what he's done over the course of his career.

He was one of the free agents I wanted when he went into the FA market, and perhaps in a new situation he could have something of a resurgence.

I just don't know if he would have any trade value now under the present circumstances.  If we can get something for him, I'm all for it.

TBH, salary cap considerations notwithstanding, I still think he could help this team and would easily win the job over Taven Bryan in a head to head competition.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-09-2019, 09:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's under 30 and was one of the top pass rushing 3 techs...

TBH, salary cap considerations notwithstanding, I still think he could help this team and would easily win the job over Taven Bryan in a head to head competition.

I agree he'd win the spot.  

I think the anticipated move is all about the cap. His drop in weight and performance just made him the easier cut between the big salaries occupying that D-Line.  I'm sure they don't want to cut the guy.

(01-09-2019, 09:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's under 30 and was one of the top pass rushing 3 techs in the league for a few seasons. Those players always have good trade value. 

I get what he's done over the course of his career.

He was one of the free agents I wanted when he went into the FA market, and perhaps in a new situation he could have something of a resurgence.

I just don't know if he would have any trade value now under the present circumstances.  If we can get something for him, I'm all for it.

We'd easily get picks for him if he was moved. Probably not higher than a 3rd and saying you are planing on cutting him anyway doesn't help his value at all. Even if we got a 5th I'd be good. Could also be used as part of a trade up in the draft.  

Yeah me too. I'd say we should restructure him but for both parties its p clear moving on would be best.

(01-09-2019, 10:16 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I get what he's done over the course of his career.

We'd easily get picks for him if he was moved. Probably not higher than a 3rd and saying you are planing on cutting him anyway doesn't help his value at all. Even if we got a 5th I'd be good. Could also be used as part of a trade up in the draft.  

Yeah me too. I'd say we should restructure him but for both parties its p clear moving on would be best.

Jackson and 7 and next years first to trade up with 9ers.
Probably would take some other mid round pick swapping or something, but I hear they need DL pass rush help.

Either way, I'd expect Jackson to be traded for a late round pick at least. He's too talented and his guarantees in his contract are all paid up, so it'd be low risk high reward for a team in need of interior pass rush with a comfy cap situation.
No way some team doesn't wanna get first dibs at him for a late rounder I think. If he's cut, teams will have to bid for him and while it may be cheaper than picking up his current contract, I'd guess there are 10-12 teams that would be vying for his talents. That's a good bit of bidding. 1 in 10 chance in free agency or a guarantee plug and play DT for a late round pick

(01-09-2019, 11:59 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: We'd easily get picks for him if he was moved. Probably not higher than a 3rd and saying you are planing on cutting him anyway doesn't help his value at all. Even if we got a 5th I'd be good. Could also be used as part of a trade up in the draft.  

Probably would take some other mid round pick swapping or something, but I hear they need DL pass rush help.

Either way, I'd expect Jackson to be traded for a late round pick at least. He's too talented and his guarantees in his contract are all paid up, so it'd be low risk high reward for a team in need of interior pass rush with a comfy cap situation.
No way some team doesn't wanna get first dibs at him for a late rounder I think. If he's cut, teams will have to bid for him and while it may be cheaper than picking up his current contract, I'd guess there are 10-12 teams that would be vying for his talents. That's a good bit of bidding. 1 in 10 chance in free agency or a guarantee plug and play DT for a late round pick

I mentioned this in the college thread week or so ago. I would also include Gipson. Don't think John Lynch could say no to that. Would help out the team tremendously, and they could go WR or TE at 7 and get a big time playmaker.

(01-09-2019, 03:26 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:59 AM)Kane Wrote: Jackson and 7 and next years first to trade up with 9ers.

I mentioned this in the college thread week or so ago. I would also include Gipson. Don't think John Lynch could say no to that. Would help out the team tremendously, and they could go WR or TE at 7 and get a big time playmaker.

Tossing in Gip would clear enough cap we could almost forget we're paying Bortles to be somewhere else lol

(01-09-2019, 07:46 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: The link is wrong and it's for offensive line rankings.  

He got a ton of $ to sign. Those don't usually end up worth it, although Campbell is.

(01-09-2019, 04:22 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:

He got a ton of $ to sign. Those don't usually end up worth it, although Campbell is.

Jackson was worth it and in 2016 and 2017 dude balled out.

(01-09-2019, 04:22 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:

Jags have done pretty well in FA signings on defense. Bouye, Jackson, Campbell and to a lesser extent Church and Gipson.

(01-09-2019, 11:59 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: We'd easily get picks for him if he was moved. Probably not higher than a 3rd and saying you are planing on cutting him anyway doesn't help his value at all. Even if we got a 5th I'd be good. Could also be used as part of a trade up in the draft.  

Wouldn't really sense with how many 3 techs the 49ers have but im with the general idea of using him to acquire capital for this years draft