Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags expected to Part ways with Malik Jackson

(01-09-2019, 03:26 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:59 AM)Kane Wrote: Jackson and 7 and next years first to trade up with 9ers.
Probably would take some other mid round pick swapping or something, but I hear they need DL pass rush help.

Either way, I'd expect Jackson to be traded for a late round pick at least. He's too talented and his guarantees in his contract are all paid up, so it'd be low risk high reward for a team in need of interior pass rush with a comfy cap situation.
No way some team doesn't wanna get first dibs at him for a late rounder I think. If he's cut, teams will have to bid for him and while it may be cheaper than picking up his current contract, I'd guess there are 10-12 teams that would be vying for his talents. That's a good bit of bidding. 1 in 10 chance in free agency or a guarantee plug and play DT for a late round pick

I mentioned this in the college thread week or so ago. I would also include Gipson. Don't think John Lynch could say no to that. Would help out the team tremendously, and they could go WR or TE at 7 and get a big time playmaker.

Tossing in Gip would clear enough cap we could almost forget we're paying Bortles to be somewhere else lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jags expected to Part ways with Malik Jackson - by Kane - 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM