Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 I'm Bored Jags Mock Draft

Jags trade to pick 3 (2019 1st swap, 2019 3rd, 2020 1st, Leonard Fournette).

Rd 1 - Dewayne Haskins, QB
Undoubtedly top QB and IMHO a franchise guy.

Rd 2 - Cody Ford, OL
Will protect Haskins and maul open running lanes for RBs

Rd 3 - N'Keal Harry, WR
Ridiculous catch radius and potential. 

Rd 4 - Devin Singletary, RB
Makes everyone miss and has decent power. 

Rd 6 - Zach Gentry, TE
Good run blocker and at 6'8 a 50/50 ball becomes a 60/40 in his favor.

Rd 7 - OL Depth
Well we all know why.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

a 1st and LF? you’re insane. to move up 4 spots

No way Harry lasts that long.

(01-09-2019, 01:50 AM)ramseyx20 Wrote: a 1st and LF? you’re insane. to move up 4 spots

Yep, that wont be enough.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 07:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

So get raped in the 1st? Nice

(01-09-2019, 01:50 AM)ramseyx20 Wrote: a 1st and LF? you’re insane. to move up 4 spots

I think you think k LF has more value than he does. And though not precise, historically draft positions have been valued close to this chart.
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value...stTeam=Jax

(01-09-2019, 08:19 AM)JAGMAJIK Wrote:

I think you think k LF has more value than he does. And though not precise, historically draft positions have been valued close to this chart.
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value...stTeam=Jax

On top of that, if there is a bidding war, the winner is likely going to pay well beyond any prescribed value for a pick. If Haskins is as good as everyone is saying he is, there will be a number of offers we have to beat to get to #3.

I don't know that I would package LF in with that deal - you're setting up the new QB to fail, as we would have rookie QB, either rookie or second-tier, cheap RB and a bunch of young guys and the oft-injured Lee at WR.

Stick @ 7....if Haskins is gone

1.Trade back for someone wanting Ed Oliver/Jonah Williams (assuming we net an additional 3rd for trade down)
Use that new 1st round pick on Will Grier - QB - WVU

2. Colby Ford - OG - Oklahoma

3.Demarkus Lodge - WR - Ole Miss

3.Irv Smith - TE - Alabama

3. Darrell Henderson - RB- Memphis

4. Dawson Knox - TE- Ole Miss

I too would like 3 first rounders in my draft...

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 06:09 PM by Caldrac.)

7th: Ed Oliver - DT - Houston
38th: Justice Hill - RB - Oklahoma St.
69th: Will Grier - QB - West Virginia
93rd: Caleb Wilson - TE - UCLA
102nd: Isaiah Prince - RT - Ohio St.
164th: Gary Jennings - WR - West Virginia
198th: B.J Autry - G - Jacksonville St.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 06:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-09-2019, 12:20 AM)JAGMAJIK Wrote: Jags trade to pick 3 (2019 1st swap, 2019 3rd, 2020 1st, Leonard Fournette).

Wow ... good news.  At least we didn't trade another pick away for one of Cleveland's backups.

The sad news is (under your scenario) the meaningless win over the Dolphins just cost us a 2019 3rd round pick, a 2020 1st round pick, and Leonard Fournette.

(01-09-2019, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 7th: Ed Oliver - DT - Houston

A lot of mocks that I'm seeing has Will Grier going very high in Round 2

(01-09-2019, 06:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 7th: Ed Oliver - DT - Houston

A lot of mocks that I'm seeing has Will Grier going very high in Round 2

I keep seeing similar mocks too on him. Anywhere between late day one or early round three. He has to answer a lot of questions though. He's already going to get knocked for preparing early for the draft and bailing on his team. A lot of scouts and commentators will agree that he has a pretty solid throwing motion and he's certainly accurate but he also has questionable arm strength. 

So he's going to have to be able to showcase the ability to make all of the throws that you want to see out of an NFL caliber QB. As much as I would like to see and believe that our front office somehow and finally lands "the guy" in the first round at the QB position. I just don't see it this year. 

I don't think they'll land Haskins. And other than Grier I just don't like Lock, Jones or Finley. It's a pretty lack luster QB class. They'll more than likely aim to find a stop gap for a year or two. And then land the long term answer in 2020 / 2021. Just glad we didn't break the bank and roster apart for Cousins during the off season last year. If they can grab Eli Manning, Joe Flacco or Tyrod Taylor on a reasonable one to two year deal? [BLEEP] it. I'll take it. 

In the meantime? Just use this class as an opportunity to fix this offense after it was mostly neglected during last year's draft. It reared it's ugly head early on last season. I hope Coughlin has learned from that mistake. Same goes for Caldwell.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2019, 12:20 AM)JAGMAJIK Wrote: Jags trade to pick 3 (2019 1st swap, 2019 3rd, 2020 1st, Leonard Fournette).

I would be pretty upset if they gave all of that up to move up 4 spots, guy might even be there at 7

(01-09-2019, 07:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: A lot of mocks that I'm seeing has Will Grier going very high in Round 2

I keep seeing similar mocks too on him. Anywhere between late day one or early round three. He has to answer a lot of questions though. He's already going to get knocked for preparing early for the draft and bailing on his team. A lot of scouts and commentators will agree that he has a pretty solid throwing motion and he's certainly accurate but he also has questionable arm strength. 

So he's going to have to be able to showcase the ability to make all of the throws that you want to see out of an NFL caliber QB. As much as I would like to see and believe that our front office somehow and finally lands "the guy" in the first round at the QB position. I just don't see it this year. 

I don't think they'll land Haskins. And other than Grier I just don't like Lock, Jones or Finley. It's a pretty lack luster QB class. They'll more than likely aim to find a stop gap for a year or two. And then land the long term answer in 2020 / 2021. Just glad we didn't break the bank and roster apart for Cousins during the off season last year. If they can grab Eli Manning, Joe Flacco or Tyrod Taylor on a reasonable one to two year deal? [BLEEP] it. I'll take it. 

In the meantime? Just use this class as an opportunity to fix this offense after it was mostly neglected during last year's draft. It reared it's ugly head early on last season. I hope Coughlin has learned from that mistake. Same goes for Caldwell.

Didn't McCaffery opt out of Stanford's bowl game?

I don't see how scouts and GMs will fault him.  It's the bloggers and taekmongers on TV that are going to raise that issue, and their input is likely minimal to a team's draft board.

I'm not trying to call you out in particular over this, but it is a pet peeve of mine.  That's not a valid criticism of an athlete's character, team spirit, loyalty to a coach, or any other trait you want to downplay with this decision.

Otherwise, I agree with everything else you stated above. The draft class is not particularly appealing. If Grier can be gotten with our second pick, take him there, or slide up 10-ish spots and get him at the end of the first so you have the fifth year to be sure he's your guy long-term or not.  He won't make it to 69.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 02:55 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 07:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I keep seeing similar mocks too on him. Anywhere between late day one or early round three. He has to answer a lot of questions though. He's already going to get knocked for preparing early for the draft and bailing on his team. A lot of scouts and commentators will agree that he has a pretty solid throwing motion and he's certainly accurate but he also has questionable arm strength. 

Didn't McCaffery opt out of Stanford's bowl game?

I don't see how scouts and GMs will fault him.  It's the bloggers and taekmongers on TV that are going to raise that issue, and their input is likely minimal to a team's draft board.

I'm not trying to call you out in particular over this, but it is a pet peeve of mine.  That's not a valid criticism of an athlete's character, team spirit, loyalty to a coach, or any other trait you want to downplay with this decision.

Otherwise, I agree with everything else you stated above. The draft class is not particularly appealing. If Grier can be gotten with our second pick, take him there, or slide up 10-ish spots and get him at the end of the first so you have the fifth year to be sure he's your guy long-term or not.  He won't make it to 69.

He may have. Nick Bosa also left early due to a core injury. His stock won't plummet much at all. He'll more than likely be a top five selection in April. 

I still like Grier's upside. He does have a nice touch on the ball and tends to put it on the money. It's just his arm strength that may end up turning most scouts off from him. I don't think his decision to bail early will really ding his stock at all.

But he'll certainly be questioned about it by the media and by the teams when the individual interviews start occurring. They'll bring up the PED stuff too that got him to transfer from Florida.

I may be the only person on the planet not concerned with Grier's arm strength. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I know the guy likes to put some air under the ball a bit too often, but he's got plenty of arm strength to be coached up and makes all the throws in a pro offense IMO.

I did two.

Dwayne Haskins, QB
Jawaan Taylor, OT
Connor McGovern, OG
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE
JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
Cece Jefferson, Edge
Darius West, S

Ed Oliver, DL
Elgton Jenkins, C
Caleb Wilson, TE
Riley Ridley, WR
Ryan Finley, QB
Martez Ivey, G
Derwin Gray, OT
New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

(01-10-2019, 03:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I may be the only person on the planet not concerned with Grier's arm strength. 

I know the guy likes to put some air under the ball a bit too often, but he's got plenty of arm strength to be coached up and makes all the throws in a pro offense IMO.

I don't think his arm strength is terrible, but I wouldn't say it's great either.  In the first gif, the ball is in the air about 60+/- yards.  In the second gif, the ball is in the air about 40+/- yards.  That's with no pressure and time to step into his throw.  There are tons of NFL Qb's that can throw it 80+ yards in those conditions.  Heck, there are some NFL QBs that can throw it farther than that on their knees.

New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

(01-10-2019, 10:49 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote: I did two.

Dwayne Haskins, QB
Jawaan Taylor, OT
Connor McGovern, OG
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE
JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
Cece Jefferson, Edge
Darius West, S

Ed Oliver, DL
Elgton Jenkins, C
Caleb Wilson, TE
Riley Ridley, WR
Ryan Finley, QB
Martez Ivey, G
Derwin Gray, OT
I like your first one a lot- not so much the 2nd one.