Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd Monken to interview for OC job

Per Prosser (saw it on twitter) 

Whew. One of the best offensive minds available coming for an interview is big. Granted he was here 3 season as a receivers coach so maybe that's a familiarity thing.  

Any offense he has touched has turned to gold. Probably would have him over Bevell but I like both.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2019, 08:22 AM)JackCity Wrote: Per Prosser (saw it on twitter) 

Whew. One of the best offensive minds available coming for an interview is big. Granted he was here 3 season as a receivers coach so maybe that's a familiarity thing.  

Any offense he has touched has turned to gold. Probably would have him over Bevell but I like both.

I think he would be a decent hire.  What makes me pump the brakes is the considerable skill position talent he had in Tampa last year.

We don't have anything approaching that here.

If Fournette is here and is focused on the team and if Westbrook is starting, we'd have two of those pieces.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'd be ok with Monken as I he came from a prolific offense, although I'm thinking Koetter would be even better. At least for me it's a tough call between the two. 
'02

(01-09-2019, 08:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:22 AM)JackCity Wrote: Per Prosser (saw it on twitter) 

I think he would be a decent hire.  What makes me pump the brakes is the considerable skill position talent he had in Tampa last year.

We don't have anything approaching that here.

If Fournette is here and is focused on the team and if Westbrook is starting, we'd have two of those pieces.

Every offense he's touched has turned to gold so the track record is there. 

Teams are trying to hire he likes of Kingsbury and LaFleuer as HCs to get that offense when low key just getting someone like Monken in at OC would be even better.

I'd be o.k. with Monken.

(01-09-2019, 08:59 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd be ok with Monken as I he came from a prolific offense, although I'm thinking Koetter would be even better. At least for me it's a tough call between the two. 

If I'm not mistaken, Koetter is in ATL.

Im ok with Monken. Hopefully he can open up the offense (whoever the QB may be).
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Hmmm.

I'm picturing a scenario where Monken brings Fitzmagic along with him to bridge until a rookie QB is ready.
Could work.

(01-09-2019, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hmmm.

I'm picturing a scenario where Monken brings Fitzmagic along with him to bridge until a rookie QB is ready.
Could work.
And I like that picture. (As long as Haskins is there)

Could work.

Could also see Nick Foles being pretttty prolific in a Monken led offense if needs be...

(01-09-2019, 10:12 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Could work.

Could also see Nick Foles being pretttty prolific in a Monken led offense if needs be...

Absolutely. 

I'm skeptical about clearing the cap space for a Foles signing, but I'm not opposed.

(01-09-2019, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: Could also see Nick Foles being pretttty prolific in a Monken led offense if needs be...

Absolutely. 

I'm skeptical about clearing the cap space for a Foles signing, but I'm not opposed.

Really depends how its structured and what Foles wants out of his new team, Like, I think going for a 2 year deal with an option for the 3rd would suit the Jags perfectly but remains to be seen if Foles is willing to take something like that (or who knows what teams will even be in on him).   

If your plan of action is signing Foles , hiring Monken/Bevell and getting the passing offense to at least average levels I like it. Lets say the defense stays top 10ish, get that passing game up near average and chances are you'll be a p difficult team to beat.  Thats probably the best chance of success this year bar landing Haskins

I'd be down with a Fitz/Monken combo. As horrible as the run game was in Tampa, look who they had running the ball. Get Fitz (hella cheaper than Foles), try not to have 3/4th string starting across the line, draft a decent RB in the 4th/5th round and the offense should look markedly different that this year. I still what little we saw out of ASJ this past year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

https://twitter.com/grahambarfield/statu...86944?s=21

Bring in Fitz. Draft Haskins. Draft multiple O-Line and WRs.

Unleash the air raid.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-09-2019, 04:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/grahambarfield/statu...86944?s=21

Bring in Fitz. Draft Haskins. Draft multiple O-Line and WRs.

Unleash the air raid.

He is a student of Air Raid? No way Coughlin hires him now, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 05:21 AM by irontrooper83.)

By multiple accounts (Rapoport & co) Monken had really good interviews for the HC spot with Jets & Packers. But the Jets had Rhule as first option, they couldn't agree with him about the staff (they wanted Monken as OC, Rhule refused as he wanted to choose his own staff) and then after Manning stepped in with a phone call to support the Gase hire they went that route.
With Gase hired by the Jets he will probably be calling the plays and have Loggains (current Miami OC) follow him in NY and that leaves Monken still on the OC market.

I am really rooting for Monken. We need a coach who is going to open up our passing game. It is long overdue.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Could work.

Fitzgerald only plays well if there is a pot o' money at the end of the rainbow. As soon as he claims it, his butt yearns for pine splinters.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 09:56 AM by NCJag.)

Reading where Kingsbury said he would take Kyler Murray with the #1 pick. Cards would possibly trade Rosen. I just don't see Murray succeeding as an NFL QB. 5'9? I dunno. Wonder if the Cards would take 1/7 and Fournette for Rosen? Murray, Johnson, Fournette, Fitzgerald....be a pretty legit offense.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814...urray-no-1

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(01-10-2019, 09:54 AM)NCJag Wrote: Reading where Kingsbury said he would take Kyler Murray with the #1 pick. Cards would possibly trade Rosen.  I just don't see Murray succeeding as an NFL QB.  5'9?  I dunno.  Wonder if the Cards would take 1/7 and Fournette for Rosen?  Murray, Johnson, Fournette, Fitzgerald....be a pretty legit offense.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814...urray-no-1

Why would they want Fournette? They have David Johnson. They need all kind of O-Linemen. They're as bad off as we are in this area. Rosen got smothered all year and Johnson had absolutely no lanes to run in.

(01-10-2019, 05:14 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: By multiple accounts (Rapoport & co) Monken had really good interviews for the HC spot with Jets & Packers. But the Jets had Rhule as first option, they couldn't agree with him about the staff (they wanted Monken as OC, Rhule refused as he wanted to choose his own staff) and then after Manning stepped in with a phone call to support the Gase hire they went that route.
With Gase hired by the Jets he will probably be calling the plays and have Loggains (current Miami OC) follow him in NY and that leaves Monken still on the OC market.

As days past, I hope we get Monken more and more.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend