Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 6 Pick'em

Quote:Jaguars at Bears-To me, the Jaguars seem to match up favorably against the Bears offense.  Alshon Jeffrey is a beast on one side, but Ramsey is big enough, physical enough, and fast enough to match up with him.  White is injured on the other side, and Royal isn't what he was, but he is savvy.  The concern I have defensively is the Bears' OL.  They have talent on that line with Sitton, Whitehair, and Long.  To me, the tackles have to be exploited, but they are decent too.  I think if the Jaguars can avoid turnovers and get some semblance of a run game going, they will beat the Bears.  Jaguars 23, Bears 16.

Browns at Tacks-The Browns are down to their what, 17th QB this year?  Tacks win 27-13.

Colts at Texans-Texans are not the same team without Watt, but still offer a formidable pass rush.  But Osweiler is a problem for them.  The Colts are like the Anti-Texans.  They have a QB but little else.  Luck has taken eleven (11) sacks the past two games.  Texans win 24-20.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  8-9

This week: 3-0

Overall : 11-9

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 12:23 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:10-7 overall.

Jags over Bears

Titans over Browns

Texans over Colts

Congrats.  :thumbsup:

Quote:10-7

Jags over bears

Titans over browns, but I seriously think that the browns will win this.

Texans over colts, our division sucks.

3-0

But seriously before I went to work I thought the titans and jags were going to lose.

Quote:It's week 6 of the season and the home team is coming of their bye. Let's get down the business shall we?

Jags @ Bears

Our beloved Jags was able to pull off a win in London for the second year in a row. Coming off their bye they're facing a team who lost to the Colts who didn't have a week to recuperate after traveling to London. The Bears are without their starting QB and on paper the Jags seem to be the more talented team. If we're a team on the rise, then they should win this game. For the first time this year I'm picking the Jags. Don't let me down boys.

Browns @ Titans

The poor hapless Browns have lost all 5 of their games this year in nearly every way possible. The Titans pulled off a win on the road against what may the the second worst team in the league. For the second week in a row the Titans get to beat up on a tomato can, so give me the tacks.

Colts @ Texans

After beating a bad Bears team the Colts are now facing a team who was absolutely throttled and embarrassed by the mighty Vikings. The Texas will be an angry team playing at home and the Colts o-line is still garbage, so I'm taking the Texans to put the Colts in the cellar for a change.

Season record 9-8

3-0 this week

12-8 on the season
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Got it back to .500 this week with a solid 3-0.

10-10 overall

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:2-1 last week

9-8 overall

Bears over Jags

Titans over Browns

Texans over Colts

2-1 this week

11-9 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:9-8 overall

Jags

Browns

Texans
2-1 this week

11-9 overall.

Quote:Missed a week. 8-7 overall.

Jags

Titans

Texans

3-0 this week

11-7 overall.

I was pulling for Indy to close it out so the division was within 1 game. But then again, it's nice to see them in the basement.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

2-1 this week

11-9 overall

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:55 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:Jacksonville @ Chicago

I wrote about this a bit in the Da Bears thread where I don't think this is going to be as easy of a game as some may think. Hoyer has been playing rather well of late and put up almost 400 yards against Indianapolis. The thing that sticks out to me is Chicago's Run Defense, they are allowing four yards per rush and that seems kind of surprising to me for a John Fox coached team. This one feels like my "last chance" game. I'm going with Jacksonville on this one as it's a game they "should" win on paper. If you blow this one, you lose all benefits of the doubt. Up to you fellas.

Man, was I ever ready to just bow out of this whole season about 0.02 seconds after Willie Youngs Strip-Sack of Bortles. This is in stark contrast to how I was feeling about 0.02 seconds before Allen Robinson flipped that TD pass into an INT. The Offense was rolling at that point and looked like they were going to take over the game. That being said, the QB performance must pick up. While the Receivers didn't do him a lot of favors with some drops, he was still way off on a lot of throws yesterday. Still, a win is a win and I'll take what I can get. WIN

Cleveland @ Tennessee

Cleveland is bad and seem to be getting worse while Tennessee put together a strong game against what might be the worst team in the League. Plus, Tennessee is at home so their fans have an opportunity to get out of their Single Wides and go to a place with indoor plumbing to watch a football game. I'll take the Running Mularkey's to win.

I didn't watch this game, but it looked like Tennessee jumped ahead early and then cruised as the game went on. Cleveland got it close but couldn't complete the comeback. Looks like psycho porkchop gets to crank up all of his favorite Jerry Lee Lewis LPs again. WIN

Indianapolis @ Houston

Eleven sacks in two games. ELEVEN! Granted, JJ "Hey Everybody! Look at me! Look at how good I look!" Watt isn't playing but I don't think it matters with that O Line Indy is trotting out there. BO'B will probably have yelled and glared enough this week to think he's actually done some coaching so I'll take Houston to win at home. Man do I hate every other team in our division.

I closed up shop last night right after Luck's TD scamper, thinking it was over. Seems like Ossie pulled out his inner Bortles and strung together one or two good plays to pull out the win. Is it any wonder that the Indianapolis final possession ended in a sack? WIN.

This Week: 3 - 0

Overall: 14 - 6 (70.0%)

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

3 - 0 for the week

13 - 7 overall

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

2-1, 14-6 overall

Quote:10-3 overall this week ill take 

titians 

colts 

Bears 

jags same team as before beat the team they have no busniues beating like the colts,only to turn around,and lose to the bears who they should beat.
1-2 this week.

11-5 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote: 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-1 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">11-6 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I'll take:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Titans

3-0 this week.

14-6 overall.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

2-1 this week

10-8 overall

I'll take my lumps with pride.

0-3 for the week, 10-10 overall.

All three games decided by 3 or less points and one game went into overtime. The only real surprise to me was our Jags coming back to win. With roughly 8 minutes left in the game, everyone had counted them out. Props to the players for pulling it out. (I'm proud of you guys)
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:I'm 6-11 overall. 

Obviously I base my predictions on emotion more than anything else. 

But that's ok... 

Texans over the Colts

Titans over Browns

Bears over Jags

8-12 overall.. dang Jags
ImATexan

3-0 this week.

13-7 overall.

Week # 6 Results:  3-0

Overall Results:   16-4

3-0!  13-7, yeah!