Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert became decent?

I have heard/read where some Jag fans thought Gabbert had developed into a pretty good QB....and then I watched him....

He might be a "tick" better than when he was here, but what I saw was still a very below average QB. 

I still saw the yips, the bad throws, the panic, the poor accuracy, the lack of composure. 

Some said if you keep Bortles he will develop like BG did...except I don't see where BG really got much better. (He did go from being
a 56% completion to a 60% completion passer, but everyone's passing % has gone up, Brees tossed at like 75%.) 

After hearing the pro-BG comments, I thought I'd see as much better QB than I did. What I saw was ineptness.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2019, 04:29 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I have heard/read where some Jag fans thought Gabbert had developed into a pretty good QB....and then I watched him....

He might be a "tick" better than when he was here, but what I saw was still a very below average QB. 

I still saw the yips, the bad throws, the panic, the poor accuracy, the lack of composure. 

Some said if you keep Bortles he will develop like BG did...except I don't see where BG really got much better. (He did go from being
a 56% completion to a 60% completion passer, but everyone's passing % has gone up, Brees tossed at like 75%.) 

After hearing the pro-BG comments, I thought I'd see as much better QB than I did. What I saw was ineptness.

/thread

He got that .3 second release though.

He was a slight improvement over Cassel, but he isn't good.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Who ever said Gabbert became decent?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The mantle of worst thread starter has officially been passed.

(01-10-2019, 07:14 PM)FBT Wrote: Who ever said Gabbert became decent?

Some in here did. And on local talk radio.

He's still terrible. He doesn't play awkwardly scared anyone but is only effective with 2 second throws to his WRs near the sidelines (i.e. catch and run).

Gabbs sucks. Always has, always will. Maybe someone out there called him a 'decent backup' but even that is really being more optimistic than his career deserves.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 08:44 PM by copycat.)

(01-10-2019, 07:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The mantle of worst thread starter has officially been passed.

Whew!  Thanks.

Regardless, he does have a 1 - 0 record against us.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Welp, we need to sign him as our bridge QB until we can get our young drafted guy up to speed.

we can bash him all we want but he's beat our "all pro" defense twice with two different teams. the tacks and Arizona so.....................
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-10-2019, 08:05 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 07:14 PM)FBT Wrote: Who ever said Gabbert became decent?

Some in here did. And on local talk radio.

So that's how far the bar has fallen.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-10-2019, 10:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: we can bash him all we want but he's beat our "all pro" defense twice with two different teams. the tacks and Arizona so.....................

Uh, no. The D knocked him out of the game this year. Nothing he did beat us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles is a much better qb than Gabbert. I'm not sure how anyone who has watched the team can say otherwise.

Gabbert also had a prime MJD churning yards with no help.

gabbert threw worm burners......BB5 threw at linesmans helmets....
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-10-2019, 04:29 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I have heard/read where some Jag fans thought Gabbert had developed into a pretty good QB....and then I watched him....

Gabbert was good enough to neat us in the same year to we made the playoffs. he did get better.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.