Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts GM: Trade offer for Brissett must 'blow me away'

Colts GM: Trade offer for Brissett must 'blow me away'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ow-me-away

Colts backup quarterback Jacoby Brissett is entering the final year of his rookie deal but Indianapolis has no intention of dealing the signal caller unless they are bowled over by an offer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brissett was acquired (via trade) one week before Game #1 of the 2018 seasons first game... No Camp, No Preseason, No Playbook, Bad O-line, Bad Coaching (understatement), Bottom rated defense ... But, had the games he started ended at halftime the Colts would have won 9+ games. Zero halftime adjustments. If you have a game recorded of Jacoby Brissett playing in 2018 ... Watch it, or watch a few highlight videos. He was so far better than I ever expected, and if he were on the Jaguars in 2018, they would have won the Superbowl. He can flat out spin it.

Whatever you do, don't judge him on the 2018 Colts record, he was by far one of the few shining lights on that failure of a horribly coached team. Don't take my word on it, go find the videos and see for yourself.

He's done nothing to be worthy of a big trade. Just a late rounder like Kessler.

You would be the last person alive that I would consider qualified, and trustworthy when it comes to QB evaluation. Tongue

I'll admit it, Brissett is pretty good and has some tools to work with.. which is why the Colts need to strike a deal while the iron is hot, get good value for him (And no, he doesn't have Jimmy G. value), and stop pricing him out of the market.

Two 2nds sounds about right..

Agree TDFW ... If they can turn Brissett into a 2nd, I think they will. If not, then he is going to be a free agent in 2020.

I was surprised at what the 49ers gave for Garoppolo, but if he can get back to where he seemed to be headed, it was a cheap price.

I mustn't see what you guys see. I've never been impressed with him, and the handful of times I've watched him, he was underwhelming or simply bad.

I think that GMs throughout the league have a better understanding of Brissett's value. From what we've heard, there were trade inquiries for Brissett earlier in the pre-season and the Colts declined. There is definite interest in Brissett and my personal opinion is that he can flat out play. Last year he played on a depleted roster with absolutely horrible (well documented and supported with stats) 4th quarter coaching.

(01-17-2019, 05:56 PM)Flash7 Wrote: I think that GMs throughout the league have a better understanding of Brissett's value. From what we've heard, there were trade inquiries for Brissett earlier in the pre-season and the Colts declined. There is definite interest in Brissett and my personal opinion is that he can flat out play. Last year he played on a depleted roster with absolutely horrible (well documented and supported with stats) 4th quarter coaching.

They weren't willing to part with him last year because nobody knew how Luck was going to fare.  I think it's a different story now.  Brissett is decent, nothing more.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Irsay will take 50 Zanax bars for him so I hear. Buuuwwwaaaaaa!!! Brissett would be worth about 20 of them.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Considering I'd use our 2nd and a 3rd to trade up to #3 for Haskins... as an alternative idea I wouldn't mind using those two picks for Brissett. The guy can play.
'02

He’s alright.
Not worthy of a “blow me away” type of offer IMO.

(01-23-2019, 05:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He’s alright.
Not worthy of a “blow me away” type of offer IMO.

I'm with you on this one. I think he a decent QB who may actually do well here in JAX considering we will probably go run heavy so I don't think he will be asked to do much. But if they really think he is worth multiple day 2 DPs I would have to disagree with that.

(01-23-2019, 10:55 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Considering I'd use our 2nd and a 3rd to trade up to #3 for Haskins... as an alternative idea I wouldn't mind using those two picks for Brissett. The guy can play.

Let me get this straight, you'd give up our first three picks to move up and take Haskins? LOL, Haskins has to be the most overrated QB prospect on this board ever as he's about to surpass Bridgewater in that regard.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

He's just the latest case of "big arm, can run, definitely a franchise QB." Let some other team waste a high pick and a huge contract on him.

Brissett is on the last year of his contract. Chris Ballard knows that he must trade him or lose him by the end of next year. It's better to get something for Briseett than just another year as a back-up. So the decision that he needs to make is whether he receives enough to justify not having Brissett ( a starting caliber QB) in 2019. I think a 2nd round draft pick would be enough (Jimmy G. type of trade).

(01-24-2019, 01:30 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 10:55 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Considering I'd use our 2nd and a 3rd to trade up to #3 for Haskins... as an alternative idea I wouldn't mind using those two picks for Brissett. The guy can play.

Let me get this straight, you'd give up our first three picks to move up and take Haskins? LOL, Haskins has to be the most overrated QB prospect on this board ever as he's about to surpass Bridgewater in that regard.

How soon we forget about Dan Lefevour.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM by RicoTx.)

(01-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 01:30 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Let me get this straight, you'd give up our first three picks to move up and take Haskins? LOL, Haskins has to be the most overrated QB prospect on this board ever as he's about to surpass Bridgewater in that regard.

How soon we forget about Dan Lefevour.

Meh, that was only one unnamed person.

If my memory serves me correctly, he also had a thing for Matt Barkley.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-24-2019, 04:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Mikey Wrote: How soon we forget about Dan Lefevour.

Meh, that was only one unnamed person.

If my memory serves me correctly, he also had a thing for Matt Barkley.

I almost miss his takes, he at least kept the board going in down periods before they put him in the pound. He had crazy ideas but at least he was passionate about them.

"I want to be a starter in this league," he said. "If that's what you're asking me, yeah, I want to be a starter in this league."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/4180...-A-Starter