Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You're the GM, what FA do you sign?

A lot will come down to how many players the Jags cut to create cap room, as I don't see many Jag FAs that they will re-sign (there was already a thread on it and it looks like the only FAs Jax will bring back are low level, special team types). 

Most here feel Jackson is gone, and most Jag fans feel Blake will be cut too. Here are the top FAs to consider. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814...y-position

So they obvious big decision is at QB. They will probably sign a "bridge" vet and draft one. I don't see many FA names likely to become a long-term starter. 

1. 1. Teddy Bridgewater 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Robert Griffin III 4. Ryan Fitzpatrick 5. Geno Smith
I've never been high on Teddy; he's too wispy to last in the NFL. If he does start for many games, he will get hurt. And his history shows that. 

Taylor is limited but not flat horrible. RG3...don't trust his durability either. Fitz is too close to retiring and can get stone cold. Geno sucks.

RBs to consider

No one, really.

WR

No one on this list, probably, not even your own, Moncrief. Way overpaid his entire career.

TE - a real area of need

Cook would be nice but probably too pricey.

OL - probably will sign one mid-tier guy and draft another.

Defense - at a later time

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t know his status but I would love CJ Anderson.

Free Agents I'd consider:

bridge QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Davis Webb (I anticipate a rookie starting after the bye week or sooner)

RB: Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi, Latavius Murray

WR: Golden Tate, Devin Funchess

TE: Jared Cook, Maxx Williams, CJ Uzomah

OL: Matt Paradis (interior depth) Roger Saffold (int. depth RG competition) Daryl Williams (if his medicals are good)

All of them..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-14-2019, 05:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t know his status but I would love CJ Anderson.

I know he rocked last game, but he might eat himself out of the NFL. Plus, doesn't he have a high injury history?

But, yea, he ran wild last game.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 07:43 PM by Caldrac. Edit Reason: UNORGANIZED )

DEFENSE:
Landon Collins - SS
Adrian Amos - FS
Jordan Hicks - ILB
Grady Jarrett- DT
David Irving - DT
Danny Shelton - DT
Anthony Barr - OLB

OFFENSE:
Rodger Saffold - OG
Tevin Coleman - RB
Cole Beasley - WR
Randall Cobb - WR
Tyrell Williams - WR
Jordan Matthews - WR
Maxx Williams - TE
Tyler Eifert - TE
Trent Brown - OT
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 07:59 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(01-14-2019, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Free Agents I'd consider:

bridge QB:  Ryan Fitzpatrick, Davis Webb  (I anticipate a rookie starting after the bye week or sooner)

RB:  Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi, Latavius Murray

WR:  Golden Tate, Devin Funchess

TE:  Jared Cook, Maxx Williams, CJ Uzomah

OL:  Matt Paradis (interior depth) Roger Saffold (int. depth RG competition)  Daryl Williams (if his medicals are good)

They could do worse than Fitz for a while. I have always liked him (he is power smart and easy to get along with). I just don't know which QB they will draft. 

Any of those RBs would be nice additions. 

Tate tends to be too expensive and Funchess seems too big to get out of his own way. Just doesn't produce. 

Cook would be nice, but could be too pricey. Might have to sign a TE a few notches lower, but you need someone.

(01-14-2019, 07:58 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Free Agents I'd consider:

bridge QB:  Ryan Fitzpatrick, Davis Webb  (I anticipate a rookie starting after the bye week or sooner)

RB:  Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi, Latavius Murray

WR:  Golden Tate, Devin Funchess

TE:  Jared Cook, Maxx Williams, CJ Uzomah

OL:  Matt Paradis (interior depth) Roger Saffold (int. depth RG competition)  Daryl Williams (if his medicals are good)

They could do worse than Fitz for a while. I have always liked him (he is power smart and easy to get along with). I just don't know which QB they will draft. 

Any of those RBs would be nice additions. 

Tate tends to be too expensive and Funchess seems too big to get out of his own way. Just doesn't produce. 

Cook would be nice, but could be too pricey. Might have to sign a TE a few notches lower, but you need someone.
That's why I listed the other guys. Second tier money  - and Uzomah has some untapped upside as a receiving threat IMO.

Sean Lee, prove-it deal. We need a Poz in the middle, and he's a Poz if he's healthy.

I don't see us as players in Free Agency.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Priority UFAs..

RT Ja'Wuan James
TE Jared Cook

Others to consider...

WR Golden Tate
G Roger Staffold
MLB CJ Mosley
'02

(01-14-2019, 08:52 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't see us as players in Free Agency.

They won't be. 

I'd only expect second and third tier depth players that can be cut for little cost in August. 

OL, TE and bridge QB are probably the only places where maybe they'll spend more than 4 or 5 mil per year on a guy and that may be pushing it.

(01-14-2019, 09:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They won't be. 

I'd only expect second and third tier depth players that can be cut for little cost in August. 

OL, TE and bridge QB are probably the only places where maybe they'll spend more than 4 or 5 mil per year on a guy and that may be pushing it.

I'm kind of hoping we don't waste any money on a QB. Just let Blake be our bridge guy and draft a franchise guy.
'02

Unless we pay someone to take Blakes Contract like the Browns did for the Texans.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-14-2019, 09:15 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

Unless we pay someone to take Blakes Contract like the Browns did for the Texans.

That wouldn't work. The only thing the new team would have to account for is Blake's $6.5 mil in guaranteed salary while all that dead money would still hit our books. Any way you look at it, the best financial answer would be to just keep Blake. 
'02

I'd sign nobody given the current cap situation.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 03:33 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(01-14-2019, 07:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: DEFENSE:
Landon Collins - SS
Adrian Amos - FS
Jordan Hicks - ILB
Grady Jarrett- DT
David Irving - DT
Danny Shelton - DT
Anthony Barr - OLB

OFFENSE:
Rodger Saffold - OG
Tevin Coleman - RB
Cole Beasley - WR
Randall Cobb - WR
Tyrell Williams - WR
Jordan Matthews - WR
Maxx Williams - TE
Tyler Eifert - TE
Trent Brown - OT

Of these players, how many do you like Jags could sign? 2? Collins is going to cost a lot.

(01-14-2019, 09:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I'd sign nobody given the current cap situation.

But moves will be made to chip the salaries down, at least a little.

(01-14-2019, 08:55 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Priority UFAs..

RT Ja'Wuan James
TE Jared Cook

Others to consider...

WR Golden Tate
G Roger Staffold
MLB CJ Mosley
I like 4 of those guys but not sure I'd go after Mosley. He's going to cost a ton and this team is lacking offensive playmakers. Any money really should go to the offensive side of the ball.

(01-14-2019, 09:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 09:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They won't be. 

I'm kind of hoping we don't waste any money on a QB. Just let Blake be our bridge guy and draft a franchise guy.

If you can find one. It appears to not be a great year for drafting franchise QBs. http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

I am not sold on Haskins, at all. He lacks vision and instincts. He will be a bust.

Walter Football as a reference.

LOL!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]