Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You're the GM, what FA do you sign?

This may not be a popular move, but I think Thomas Davis could make a world of leadership difference for the LB room and film study. I know he doesn't fit given his age and lack of speed, Just think that group lost so much leadership when Poz left, Telvin didn't pick match that. TD could help fit that, and given some spot in depth. Will still need to draft a LB. If not Jack really needs to take a step, which could happen given it is really his 2nd true year as a starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jesse James could be an interesting target, perhaps on a 1 year prove it deal. Steelers have a lot of drama and questions.

He is at least an average pass catcher and passable blocker. He is still very young. I know TE is good in this draft, but most TE's take a few years to mature. Plus filling one TE spot in FA makes filling the roster easier later on.

(01-31-2019, 03:33 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: This may not be a popular move, but I think Thomas Davis could make a world of leadership difference for the LB room and film study. I know he doesn't fit given his age and lack of speed, Just think that group lost so much leadership when Poz left, Telvin didn't pick match that. TD could help fit that, and given some spot in depth. Will still need to draft a LB.  If not Jack really needs to take a step, which could happen given it is really his 2nd true year as a starter.

I think we need a tough thumper in the middle.  We didn't have that last year.  Nobody, NOBODY, fears our linebackers.  It stretches credulity that the one position group that was our Achilles heel on defense is the one that we didn't upgrade the coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think we should bring in Bo Levi Mitchell at QB position. He can fight for the job against others for the position. I like his accuracy and he may just win the job. He should not cost too much for thee potential he brings to the mix.

If we don't get a 1st round QB or QB project in the draft...

I'd consider Chad Kelly...dude has the talent and what's the harm in kicking the tires? He didn't beat anybody up just a drunk night.

Cook
Lambo
Shatley
Possibly bohanon

Draft the rest

(02-13-2019, 05:57 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 03:33 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: This may not be a popular move, but I think Thomas Davis could make a world of leadership difference for the LB room and film study. I know he doesn't fit given his age and lack of speed, Just think that group lost so much leadership when Poz left, Telvin didn't pick match that. TD could help fit that, and given some spot in depth. Will still need to draft a LB.  If not Jack really needs to take a step, which could happen given it is really his 2nd true year as a starter.

I think we need a tough thumper in the middle.  We didn't have that last year.  Nobody, NOBODY, fears our linebackers.  It stretches credulity that the one position group that was our Achilles heel on defense is the one that we didn't upgrade the coach.

I agree, but I still think Myles Jack can be that guy. He just needs to perfect the mental part of the game to be in the right spots to make those plays. That mental part of the game, is what I think TD could bring.

If not, they should draft that type of LB. Given what most teams are looking for, they should be able to get a good thumping LB in the 3-5th rounds. Lot cheaper than anyone on FA market.

(02-13-2019, 08:10 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I think we should bring in Bo Levi Mitchell at QB position. He can fight for the job against others for the position.  I like his accuracy and he may just win the job.  He should not cost too much for thee potential he brings to the mix.

Well he resigned with the Calgary Stampeders for another 4 years last night sooooo that's not happening.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

One guy that intrigues me is Daryl Williams, the right tackle from Carolina. He is coming off an MCL injury so our medical staff would need to closely evaluate him. They may get a slight discount since he's coming off that injury. This would enable them to cut Parnell, who is about 5 years older. A healthy Williams would be an upgrade to Parnell. Since he played with Norwell in Carolina, this might help the Jaguars land him.

The 2019 draft is not really strong at the tackle position. Although someone like Jonah Williams is a possibility at pick 7, I'd rather see them go for Metcalf, especially if they sign Foles. Paying both Foles and Daryl Williams will be a challenge, but that is the way I'd go. They could then add an interior lineman in the 3rd round (tight end in the 2nd) and the offensive line would be very much improved. I'd feel pretty good with a line of:

Robinson
Norwell
Linder
Draft choice (Lindstrom, Bradberry, McCoy, etc.)
Daryl Williams

(02-13-2019, 02:47 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: One guy that intrigues me is Daryl Williams, the right tackle from Carolina. He is coming off  an MCL injury so our medical staff would need to closely evaluate him. They may get a slight discount since he's coming off that injury. This would enable them to cut Parnell, who is about 5 years older. A healthy Williams would be an upgrade to Parnell. Since he played with Norwell in Carolina, this might help the Jaguars land him.

The 2019 draft is not really strong at the tackle position. Although someone like Jonah Williams is a possibility at pick 7, I'd rather see them go for Metcalf, especially if they sign Foles. Paying both Foles and Daryl Williams will be a challenge, but that is the way I'd go. They could then add an interior lineman in the 3rd round (tight end in the 2nd) and the offensive line would be very much improved. I'd feel pretty good with a line of:

Robinson
Norwell
Linder
Daryl Williams
I just read an article the other day citing OT as one of the deepest position groups in the draft.

I’ll try to find it.

I think people need to prepare themselves for just one new Olineman this season and that's at RG. I think the other 4 are back with a rookie at RG.

(02-13-2019, 03:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think people need to prepare themselves for just one new Olineman this season and that's at RG. I think the other 4 are back with a rookie at RG.

Parnell? They could cut him and slide Richardson in there and we'd have two new linemen without having to actually pick up another one.

But yeah RG should be a top 3 round draft pick, imo. When the line was healthy, he was definitely the weak link

(02-13-2019, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 02:47 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: One guy that intrigues me is Daryl Williams, the right tackle from Carolina. He is coming off  an MCL injury so our medical staff would need to closely evaluate him. They may get a slight discount since he's coming off that injury. This would enable them to cut Parnell, who is about 5 years older. A healthy Williams would be an upgrade to Parnell. Since he played with Norwell in Carolina, this might help the Jaguars land him.

Robinson
Norwell
Linder
Daryl Williams
I just read an article the other day citing OT as one of the deepest position groups in the draft.

I’ll try to find it.
Most of what I've heard/read is good at C/Guard particularly on day 2. I thought tackle is more RT's, but they would need some time to develop.

Tackle class is very strong

The problem is that the Jags have so many offensive positions of need. I sort of thought with a new blocking scheme, maybe they can get a few a journeyman 2nd tier OL guys to fill in and use the picks on playmaker TE/WR's. Mainly because the skill positions would be much more expensive to add as FA's.

(02-14-2019, 12:45 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just read an article the other day citing OT as one of the deepest position groups in the draft.

I’ll try to find it.
Most of what I've heard/read is good at C/Guard particularly on day 2. I thought tackle is more RT's, but they would need some time to develop.

That's what I've seen, also. Cody Ford and Jonah Williams are the only 2 tackles who are projected to start immediately and Ford may be better at guard. On the other hand, there are likely to be several "plug and play" interior linemen who will be available on day 2. Chris Lindstrom is one guy I believe they will target, although he'll likely be gone sometime in round 2.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 09:42 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-13-2019, 09:30 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:57 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think we need a tough thumper in the middle.  We didn't have that last year.  Nobody, NOBODY, fears our linebackers.  It stretches credulity that the one position group that was our Achilles heel on defense is the one that we didn't upgrade the coach.

I agree, but I still think Myles Jack can be that guy. He just needs to perfect the mental part of the game to be in the right spots to make those plays. That mental part of the game, is what I think TD could bring.

If not, they should draft that type of LB. Given what most teams are looking for, they should be able to get a good thumping LB in the 3-5th rounds. Lot cheaper than anyone on FA market.

FWIW, Lageman doesn't view Jack as a liability at all.  He raves over his athleticism.

The traditional thumper inside is going the way of the dinosaur.  There is a much greater emphasis on speed, athleticism and coverage because it's a space and passing game now.

That said, as much as I like Telvin Smith, sometimes I wonder if there can be a better balance between size/physicality at the point of attack and athleticism.  I never want to see Derrick Henry abuse us again.

(02-13-2019, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 03:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think people need to prepare themselves for just one new Olineman this season and that's at RG. I think the other 4 are back with a rookie at RG.

Parnell? They could cut him and slide Richardson in there and we'd have two new linemen without having to actually pick up another one.

But yeah RG should be a top 3 round draft pick, imo. When the line was healthy, he was definitely the weak link

I'd like to see Richardson play first before simply sliding him in.  From what little of him I saw last preseason, I wasn't overly impressed.

To me, Ford from Oklahoma would be a very solid pick, because he could play RT immediately if needed or slide inside at RG for a year if Parnell stays and Cann leaves.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-14-2019, 09:27 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 12:45 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Most of what I've heard/read is good at C/Guard particularly on day 2. I thought tackle is more RT's, but they would need some time to develop.

That's what I've seen, also. Cody Ford and Jonah Williams are the only 2 tackles who are projected to start immediately and Ford may be better at guard. On the other hand, there are likely to be several "plug and play" interior linemen who will be available on day 2. Chris Lindstrom is one guy I believe they will target, although he'll likely be gone sometime in round 2.

Williams, Taylor, Cajuste, Dillard, Risner , Deiter, Mcgary etc etc really deep tackle class this year + some guys with talent but need more seasoning. 

Plenty of those guys are ready to start , even if they aren't necessarily gonna be studs year 1. Personally don't feel Cody Ford is as ready as made out either

(02-14-2019, 09:45 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 09:27 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: That's what I've seen, also. Cody Ford and Jonah Williams are the only 2 tackles who are projected to start immediately and Ford may be better at guard. On the other hand, there are likely to be several "plug and play" interior linemen who will be available on day 2. Chris Lindstrom is one guy I believe they will target, although he'll likely be gone sometime in round 2.

Williams, Taylor, Cajuste, Dillard, Risner , Deiter, Mcgary etc etc really deep tackle class this year + some guys with talent but need more seasoning. 

Plenty of those guys are ready to start , even if they aren't necessarily gonna be studs year 1. Personally don't feel Cody Ford is as ready as made out either

Why not?  Feet?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-14-2019, 09:47 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 09:45 AM)JackCity Wrote: Williams, Taylor, Cajuste, Dillard, Risner , Deiter, Mcgary etc etc really deep tackle class this year + some guys with talent but need more seasoning. 

Why not?  Feet?

Just think his all around technique is sloppy and he gets away with a lot vs big 12 rushers on size/athleticism alone. Still think he's one of the best in the class and is more "ready" than most of them. Just not sure I see a top 10 type tackle like he's been talked about.  For a guy that big to move that well is kinda rare so I'm still high on him