Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surgery today

Well, today is the day I get my hip replaced. I'm just an old broken down fossil I guess.

See y'all when I can get back online
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wishing you the best man
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Good luck, mate!

Good luck, the harder you work the better your recovery!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good luck. A lot of people have had fantastic results with joint replacement surgery. Just follow your doctor's advice, and you'll be better than ever in short order.

Good Luck. It will pay off in the long run !!!

Heal up quick, Drifter.

(01-15-2019, 05:40 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, today is the day I get my hip replaced. I'm just an old broken down fossil I guess.

Here's to a speedy recovery, make sure the meds are worn off before you start posting again.   Smile

(01-15-2019, 05:40 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, today is the day I get my hip replaced. I'm just an old broken down fossil I guess.

Good luck, take it easy, and hopefully they give you the good stuff after it's done!

Good luck.  I have a friend that had both hips replaced a couple of years ago.  He was up and walking the day after both surgeries.  The big thing seems to be following the post-op instructions and the therapy afterwards.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Surgery went well, thanks for the well wishes. Y'all be great
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Good news. Speedy recovery.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Glad to hear it went well, Drifter ... I can only imagine how brutally painful recovery is for a hip replacement. It just sounds like it would hurt like hell.  Did they use a nerve block? Hopefully they will set you up properly with a pain management plan. They are getting so stupid about pain medication that they are allowing people to go through unnecessary extreme pain because the government wont let the Doctors do their job the way they trained for years and years to do. Get well fast, Man.

You're old. Not obsolete! Wish you a speedy recovery Drifter!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Thanks again Y'all

Sammy, pain is minimal right now, just your normal post operative stuff. I know people that went through this surgery and recovered real fast so I'll let you know

Glad to hear everything went well Drifter!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Good to hear, speedy recovery
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-15-2019, 07:48 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Thanks again Y'all

Sammy, pain is minimal right now, just your normal post operative stuff.  I know people that went through this surgery and recovered real fast so I'll let you know

If they gave you a nerve block (or dilaudid), you will believe you may be ready to go bowling this weekend. You will know over the next two days, and I pray those days aren't as painful as i am fearing for you. When they ask me if I have any allergies ... Yes, I do  I am allergic to pain, it causes me to break out in loud screams, cursing, and hollers.

Any update? Are you sharing weird news stories with any cute nurses this morning?

(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Any update?  Are you sharing weird news stories with any cute nurses this morning?

Still doing ok with minimal pain so.....

Nurses are nice except when they wake you at 2am for vitals and meds

Y'all be great with the well wishes so have fun y'all