Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts firing offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo

Colts firing offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...eguglielmo

The Indianapolis Colts are parting ways with offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports. The Colts ranked second pass blocking and fourth in run blocking in 2018.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He would have been a good addition for us, but we jumped the gun with Warhop.

OC!
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Wow they always find a scapegoat for that qb. That oline was playing great.

(01-15-2019, 05:32 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wow they always find a scapegoat for that qb. That oline was playing great.

Super Wow ... How did you come to that astute incorrect conclusion. I'm all ears on this one.

Super Wow is way more Wow than a simple, and single Wow.  Wink

(01-15-2019, 06:32 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 05:32 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wow they always find a scapegoat for that qb. That oline was playing great.

Super Wow ... How did you come to that astute incorrect conclusion. I'm all ears on this one.

It’s Wow wearing a cape! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-15-2019, 06:32 PM)Sammy Wrote:

Out of curiosity, which part was incorrect?

The part about the scapegoating for Luck or the O-Line playing great?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-15-2019, 08:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Out of curiosity, which part was incorrect?

The part about the scapegoating for Luck or the O-Line playing great?

Scapegoat … I could understand the Jaguars O-Line being the "scapegoat" for the poor play of Bortles, but how could anyone claim the Indy O-Line was being cast as the scapegoat for luck’s poor play?  Are you seeing something I’m not?

Wow in a cape. Tongue

Dayum, Luck must have slayed your mother...lol.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Just bugs me how much hype he gets for an average starting qb.

I otherwise wouldn't mind watching him as personally he's a decent guy

(01-17-2019, 02:12 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Just bugs me how much hype he gets for an average starting qb.

You do realize Luck was in the top 5 for the 2018 season?

Well, you probably didn't care to pay attention, your mind is made up.

(01-17-2019, 03:22 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 02:12 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Just bugs me how much hype he gets for an average starting qb.

They hate every QB in this division.

(01-17-2019, 03:24 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 03:22 PM)Sammy Wrote: You do realize Luck was in the top 5 for the 2018 season?

They hate every QB in this division.

Yes yours is overrated too.

Not sure Mariota is even rated anymore.

It probably doesn't help when Luck gets shut out that leads to Kesslers one win if his career. Then lays a total egg in the playoffs.

(01-17-2019, 03:22 PM)Sammy Wrote:

Lucks 2018 success like most QB's is related to their offensive line. Indy is the only team in the entire division that seems to understand the importance of building an O-line.

Now, firing the line coach. Odd.

This news came as a huge surprise. It sure seemed like Andrew Luck and the Colts Offensive Line in 2018 mutually benefitted each other and the Colts team overall.

This was a decision that was made last off season. Dave DeGuglielmo was a Josh McDaniels influenced pick. Since Reich is the head coach, he kept for year because of how the contract was set up, but now wants to bring in his own guy. Completely, in-house politics rather due to on-the-field results.

(01-21-2019, 04:42 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 03:24 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: They hate every QB in this division.

Yes yours is overrated too.

Not sure Mariota is even rated anymore.

It probably doesn't help when Luck gets shut out that leads to Kesslers one win if his career. Then lays a total egg in the playoffs.

You keep moving the goal post. Top 5 QB in the 2018 season wasn’t enough, now he is average because his team failed to score points against an extremely talented Jaguars defense (at home) … Of course they could have kicked field goals instead of going for it a couple of times on 4th down in FG range. That same Jaguars defense beat some pretty good teams the last couple years if you haven't been paying attention.

Dallas scored 0 points against the Colts a couple weeks after the Jags/Colts game. Does that mean Kessler is better than Dak? If you want Kessler over Luck, or Prescott, it only proves how silly your entire debate platform is based on. A total hate based platform.

Now you use the Colts only winning one game in the 2018 playoffs, to prove Luck is average … Guess what? Aaron Rogers won less playoff games in 2018.  So did Matt Ryan, Cam Newton … Ben Roethlisberger also. Luck won the same amount of away playoff games as Brees, and Mahomes won at home.

While trying to prove Luck is average the only thing that is happening is you are losing credibility more and more each time. Who in their right mind would value your opinion?

Even though you have pretty much zero credibility, and for some reason it hurts you to the core of your body to even remotely believe Luck is above average, I still like you. Hell, you should appreciate Luck just because he beat the Titans both games this season. Let the hate go, man. He is above average, no matter how badly you wished he wasn't. Tongue

At what point did I claim Kessler was better? The hate will go when his hype and his play are at similar levels. He's a Kirk cousins level qb paid and hyped like a Drew Brees level qb. At best he's an Eli Manning without the getting hot in the playoffs bit.

I wouldn't bring up Luck's playoff stats if I was you. Bortles has him covered there.

Hey you and your crowd used to argue when I said said you guys needed to sack Grigson too.

(01-21-2019, 06:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote: At what point did I claim Kessler was better? The hate will go when his hype and his play are at similar levels. He's a Kirk cousins level qb paid and hyped like a Drew Brees level qb. At best he's an Eli Manning without the getting hot in the playoffs bit.

I wouldn't bring up Luck's playoff stats if I was you. Bortles has him covered there.

Hey you and your crowd used to argue when I said said you guys needed to sack Grigson too.

Wait ... So now you think I have to defend every Colts fan against your rhetoric? You keep changing the topic. You keep your Bortles, and we will keep our Luck.

Now that you once again brought up another one of your creative ways to distract from your failure to admit Luck is a good QB, you will now have to defend every stance of "Your Crowd" ... Isn't that fair?

You are holding a losing hand, you can push all in or fold. It's your credibility at stake. Banana

You just don't have it in you to admit you are wrong, don't continue to try to pin that on anyone other than yourself. Which angle will you try next?

Yes he's a solid starting qb. He's very good at putting up numbers on poor teams and is a maestro against prevent D. I'm not saying he's poor.

He's horribly overrated and overpaid though. You will need a loaded team to get a championship. Actually he had a very good D and offence around him this year and they got a little lucky to get in the playoffs then looked out of their depth against the fist good team they came up against.