Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign QB Alex McGough

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 04:20 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...16928?s=21

The name may sound familiar as he was a favorite sleeper prospect among the draftniks last year. He may be the dark horse candidate we’ve been longing for.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A little early to be signing training camp arms but OK.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Were SAVED
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

CHAMPIONSHIP!

SHAMPIONSHIP

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 04:55 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Sounds like we're going with Bevell -- Seahawks connection (even though they were never part of the same team).  Kind of like Robiskie and Fournette -- we're lining up the coaches and players that have connections in the past with a similar team.  Many of teams will soon be copying our style

He is already the best qb on the roster right now too.
No Fun

We just got the next Kurt Warner. Chaaammmmmpppiioonnnssshhhiippppp

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 04:59 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-15-2019, 04:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: He is already the best qb on the roster right now too.

0 Interceptions !!!  That's saying something 

Patriots were going to sign him but got sidetracked with that playoff thing they have going on.

.[Image: usatsi_11160456.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

That's a strong arm tattoo game he's got going. He already looks like a winner.

They made him a priority. Better arm talent than Kessler and more of a playmaker, should make the roster

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...89440?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 06:46 PM by Mowerguy.)

But does he stick his tongue out when he throws the ball?

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-15-2019, 05:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: They made him a priority. Better arm talent than Kessler and more of a playmaker, should make the roster

He will be the Jaguars backup QB for the 2019 season. That said, after i allowed myself to get excited about Kessler last offseason. After the parade of guys like Brandon Allen, Paul Smith etc. that have come through Duval in the post Garrard years, I'm tempering my expectations severely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3knJcSbiIU

All of that said, there's a lot to like on tape. Ideal size at 6'3", mobility, good arm strength, quick release. In the above clips he seems to throw the back shoulder very well and seems to have a decent amount of touch on throws outside the numbers; granted this is all against roster bubble guys. But after the dumpster fire of a season that was 2018 ... why not right. It can't possibly be worse.

I don't think this means that Bevell is for sure coming here as he was no longer the Seahawks OC when he was drafted by the Seahawks last offseason.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Alex McGough Facts: Alex McGough has fewer losses as an NFL starter than Tom Brady.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Yes it is all against pre-season scrubs, but he seems decent for a camp tryout.

I'm not gonna make any judgments until I see this guy play. I know nothing about him.

I checked it out. His contract JUST expired yesterday. They must really like this guy.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 07:16 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-15-2019, 06:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Alex McGough Facts: Alex McGough has fewer losses as an NFL starter than Tom Brady.

What a pick up. I love it, while those other teams are distracted with playoffs and SB's, were finding those guys.

He has also never lost a SB, Brady's lost 3.

Take note that almost every play on that video is 4th quarter garbage plays. I would love for him to be the one. But who knows.