Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CNN analyst accuses black man of white privilege not knowing he is black

Gold. Pure gold. A microcosm of people using the race card to take over an argument when things aren't going there way. This kind of backfired though...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cn...-hes-black

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Journalism" today, jeez. No sarcasm intended.

(01-16-2019, 10:44 AM)TJBender Wrote: "Journalism" today, jeez. No sarcasm intended.

That's mighty White of you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 12:52 PM by The Drifter.)

Journalism today is Not what it was like in the 60's-70's....they want to the story rather than report it
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

The "white privilege" thing is made up.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:13 PM by mikesez.)

(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "white privilege" thing is made up.

Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "white privilege" thing is made up.

Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

Which one?

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 02:13 PM by mikesez.)

(01-16-2019, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?

Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

You don't think that question adds to the topic? I'm sorry if that's the case.  Maybe you could answer it also.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?

Which one?
Chris Rock had a joke about this. He said no white person would trade places with him, and he's rich.
But a more interesting question is, would you trade places, without getting to pick who? Any random black person in the US.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

You don't think that question adds to the topic? I'm sorry if that's the case.  Maybe you could answer it also.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Which one?
Chris Rock had a joke about this.  He said no white person would trade places with him, and he's rich.
But a more interesting question is, would you trade places, without getting to pick who?  Any random black person in the US.

I would not take that challenge for anyone of any color.  Ridiculous premise.  Now for a lateral swap sure.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 02:22 PM by Jags.)

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Which one?
Chris Rock had a joke about this.  He said no white person would trade places with him, and he's rich.
But a more interesting question is, would you trade places, without getting to pick who?  Any random black person in the US.

Would you trade places with any random person?

(01-16-2019, 02:22 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: You don't think that question adds to the topic? I'm sorry if that's the case.  Maybe you could answer it also.

Would you trade places with any random person?

Last I checked, I have the median number of kids and I'm above the 90th percentile in income. 
No and hell no.
But even a white person who earns just as much as a median black person wouldn't take this trade.  You know this.  Everyone knows it.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 02:45 PM by Jags.)

(01-16-2019, 02:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Would you trade places with any random person?

Last I checked, I have the median number of kids and I'm above the 90th percentile in income. 
No and hell no.
But even a white person who earns just as much as a median black person wouldn't take this trade.  You know this.  Everyone knows it.

I feel I have a pretty decent life.  I wouldn’t trade with anyone no matter the color.  I also wouldn’t trade if that other person made more than I do.  I do well, I’m not greedy.   Not to mention, money isn’t everything.  I’ll accept my life as it was intended as I was born and as I worked for.  I don’t know why the left like to try to change things as nature intended.  But that’s another topic in another thread.  So, if you wouldn’t trade why ask others if they would?  Doesn’t seem to help your point.

Well this certainly took a turn in an unforeseen direction.

(01-16-2019, 02:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well this certainly took a turn in an unforeseen direction.

OP: The stock market went down today
Mikey: Would you trade places with a guy who's 401(k) went down last year?

If I stay the same on the inside, I wouldn’t care what my skin color is (except purple). It’s still me. If I were to be black It might help me dance better … A little more girth, and length would be greatly appreciated if that were a byproduct.

Ask stupid questions get stupid ...

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 03:30 PM by mikesez.)

I'm just saying, it might not be as big of a deal as some people say, but it is a real thing.  
Maybe it's a small enough deal that we don't need to make it part of the national political discussion. Or maybe not. But it does exist.

Oh wait ... Can I change my mind? Is it too late? I want to be a woman. A hot woman.

No and no.

If it really matters, I am considered a minority.

I feel the same way as Jags.  I like my life and am proud of the many things that I have been able to accomplish.  I wouldn't trade any of my life experiences and lessons no matter what.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-16-2019, 03:30 PM)Sammy Wrote: Oh wait ... Can I change my mind? Is it too late? I want to be a woman. A hot woman.

Just make sure you use the right bathroom.