Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags hire DeFilippo as OC

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 12:58 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1085...43873?s=19

Love this move by them. Really smart guy.
Eagles had him run and design their red zone offense in their Super Bowl year.

It's an interesting fit because he was fired with the Vikings for not running enough under a conservative coach in Zimmer..perhaps Marrone will try air it out more?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is one of the best hires they could have had.

Seems to do a great job with QBs. Cousins had a great year playing behind an absolutely horrific Oline. Wentz and Foles played well under him. I like this hire.

Will make the Foles to Jags stories very interesting..if nothing else, he'll have a better insight into a move for him than most.

(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Will make the Foles to Jags stories very interesting..if nothing else, he'll have a better insight into a move for him than most.
It's going to be in the talks all off season. 

I'm not opposed to Foles but it can't be at that 20+ million dollar price tag. I also don't want them to sign Foles and think they're good at QB and pass on Haskins.

It could had been worse

Now give him a decent Oline and a QB.

(01-16-2019, 01:07 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: It could had been worse

Now give him a decent Oline and a QB.
As long as the Jags Oline stays healthy, I think they will be just fine.

Robinson coming back. Norwell fully healthy (still only allowed a pressure for every 33 drop backs. 5th in the league). Linder back. Upgrade RG and let Parnell battle with Richardson. Draft some guys and add veterans for depth. I know this is fairly optimistic but I think it can really improve.

A good article after he took over in Cleveland after Shanahan went:
https://nflspinzone.com/2015/10/13/cleve...defilippo/

Before this last season he was praised as a bright offensive mind and Vikings were praised for the move. Things didn't go well in Minnesota, especially cause another awful O-line and the differences with Zimmer so he burned his chance at an HC gig.
This is a good chance for him to get his name back in the conversation and for the Jaguars to improve their passing offense. Given our uncertian situation we couldn't hope for too much better and we could have done way worse.

Now to see who his QB will be...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Thank God we won't see our typical passing chart next year.  

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-3_1537737160147.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:19 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...35618?s=21

Here’s a good write up as well:

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...08930?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Seems like a great hire. Classic case of a good coach who had some less than stellar results in a particular situation but is still blessed with a great offensive mind. Let's just get him a talented QB to work with
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The pitchfork crowd is slow to arrive to the party it seems...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:41 PM by Mowerguy.)

I'm excited and relieved.....young, bright offensive mind and wants to call the plays....mostly passing!
NFL modern day....here we come!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Will make the Foles to Jags stories very interesting..if nothing else, he'll have a better insight into a move for him than most.

We could definitely hit the ground running with a DeFilippo and Foles combo. Add some offensive weapons/big uglies and it’s possible to fix the offense in one offseason.

Very happy about this, especially after the McCoy scare. Now hand the keys for the offense over to this guy and give him freedom, don't tell him he needs to pound LF up the middle 30 times a game.

I wanted Foles before. Now, I want him even more.

(01-16-2019, 01:41 PM)knarnn Wrote:

We could definitely hit the ground running with a DeFilippo and Foles combo. Add some offensive weapons/big uglies and it’s possible to fix the offense in one offseason.

Agreed. Load up on some playmakers like the Bears did and make the QB the PG of the offense. Even if you can get this offense to an even average passing attack..it'll have a huge cascading effect on the rest of the team.  

Still not sure on Foles just from a cash standpoint but I guess we'll just have to see how that all works out

(01-16-2019, 01:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...58432?s=21
I miss Mike Kaye. He was good.

(01-16-2019, 01:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:41 PM)knarnn Wrote: We could definitely hit the ground running with a DeFilippo and Foles combo. Add some offensive weapons/big uglies and it’s possible to fix the offense in one offseason.

Agreed. Load up on some playmakers like the Bears did and make the QB the PG of the offense. Even if you can get this offense to an even average passing attack..it'll have a huge cascading effect on the rest of the team.  

Still not sure on Foles just from a cash standpoint but I guess we'll just have to see how that all works out
realistically, do we know who we may have to dump off to create cap room for Foles?  I’d love to have him here if we don’t have to totally gut the defense