Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags hire DeFilippo as OC

(01-16-2019, 02:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why do we have to use an early draft pick on a RB? They come from all over. Damien Williams for the Chiefs came from no where. Phillip Lindsay was an undrafted rookie. Not to mention do you really want to pay a backup RB 5 million? I sure don't.

Given that we don't know if we can depend on Fournette, Hyde may very well be the starter. I also hate the idea that we would have wasted a draft pick on this guy.

I really do think Hyde can be a good player.  Many of us liked him when he played for the Browns and the Niners. It's not fair to judge him behind this battered OL of scrubs, most of who won't be here next year.

If cutting Hyde is essential to getting Foles, I guess it makes sense. You have to make sacrifices somewhere. I'm more sensitive to cuts on defense---since it was the defense that brought us to the dance last year.

What do you mean depended on Fournette, he had a hamstring injury, you wanted him to come back and play on it sooner, thats one of the worst things you can do. If Fournette come to camp in shape and ready to go he is fine. Hyde was awful, did you not see the last game of the year, we rushed for like 13 yards, and people wonder why Fournette couldnt do anything behind that OL, at least he could get 50 yards.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not going to say anything much about our new OC. I am going to give him a chance when season starts back. I hope he has some imagnation for offensse,and does repeat our past ones with 1st down run 2coned down run 3rd down try to pass,and get sacked or turn ball over.   I am hopeing this new OC mixes plays up.   oh yea the run was always right up the middle.  anyways i am reserveing my rights to judge the new OC until jags have played a game that matters not pre-season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-16-2019, 02:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:11 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Since Foles was no better then blake after his first few years and Defilippo made foles into a better QB. If the price is too high to get foles do we hold on to blake and see what he can do with him. HAving an oc who can call plays to benefit your QB and not hamper him would be a bonus. I mean if we need to bring in ppl to make foles better same argument can be made for blake. If Jack wasnt down blake might have been the SB MVP remember that. No way the eagles beat the jags in 2017.
OMG let it go! Blake is long gone dude. You're the only person who still believes he will be on this roster.

Well there is DC they kept him he might believe he will be on the roster. There is TC who gave blake the extension and Believes he was one whistle from the SB. And might be a few who actually think he is the best Business option money wise. Just because the noisey minotity of Fans want him gone, does not mean this front office does. Play Blake Draft OL/WR/TE Next year is full of QBs on another level then the ones this year.

I was pretty certain we would be looking at nothing but the dregs. Glad to see some optimism over the hire. Gives me some hope.

(01-16-2019, 03:09 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Given that we don't know if we can depend on Fournette, Hyde may very well be the starter. I also hate the idea that we would have wasted a draft pick on this guy.

I really do think Hyde can be a good player.  Many of us liked him when he played for the Browns and the Niners. It's not fair to judge him behind this battered OL of scrubs, most of who won't be here next year.

If cutting Hyde is essential to getting Foles, I guess it makes sense. You have to make sacrifices somewhere. I'm more sensitive to cuts on defense---since it was the defense that brought us to the dance last year.

What do you mean depended on Fournette, he had a hamstring injury, you wanted him to come back and play on it sooner, thats one of the worst things you can do. If Fournette come to camp in shape and ready to go he is fine. Hyde was awful, did you not see the last game of the year, we rushed for like 13 yards, and people wonder why Fournette couldnt do anything behind that OL, at least he could get 50 yards.
His hamstring is the least of his problems. Last year he was suspended for missing practice. This year, Coughlin jumped on him for not paying attention the game (Houston, we-lost 3-20). And there was the issue in Buffalo, when he lost his temper and wound up sitting out the next game. My question is, does Fournette want to play in Jacksonville? In the NFL?  No, at this point I would say we can't depend on Fournette.

(01-16-2019, 02:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why do we have to use an early draft pick on a RB? They come from all over. Damien Williams for the Chiefs came from no where. Phillip Lindsay was an undrafted rookie. Not to mention do you really want to pay a backup RB 5 million? I sure don't.

Given that we don't know if we can depend on Fournette, Hyde may very well be the starter. I also hate the idea that we would have wasted a draft pick on this guy.

Hyde may very well be a good backup but he's not worth 5 million. That's my only issue with him. If that 5 million can help the Jags get a better RG or WR or QB, then I'm all for him being released.

(01-16-2019, 03:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Given that we don't know if we can depend on Fournette, Hyde may very well be the starter. I also hate the idea that we would have wasted a draft pick on this guy.

Hyde may very well be a good backup but he's not worth 5 million. That's my only issue with him. If that 5 million can help the Jags get a better RG or WR or QB, then I'm all for him being released.
I'll buy that argument.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 03:25 PM by Inziladun.)

(01-16-2019, 03:19 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 03:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hyde may very well be a good backup but he's not worth 5 million. That's my only issue with him. If that 5 million can help the Jags get a better RG or WR or QB, then I'm all for him being released.
I'll buy that argument.

Same thing with Gipson. He's good and I wouldn't want to cut him, but that 9 mil cap hit is huge at this point and frankly I don't think his production has lived up to that price tag. Could easily slot Wilson in there on that rookie contract with negligible differences. Already have another safety behind Wilson in Cody Davis, so it looks to me that they're prepared to make the cut if they need to.

(01-16-2019, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:47 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'd rather not cut Gipson. The Hyde cut might make sense, but we'd have to draft another RB-early...second or with one of our third round pick. It would be an easier decision if we could depend on Fournette.
Why do we have to use an early draft pick on a RB? They come from all over. Damien Williams for the Chiefs came from no where. Phillip Lindsay was an undrafted rookie. Not to mention do you really want to pay a backup RB 5 million? I sure don't.

We don't. This draft class is overloaded with talented runners who won't be drafted, just because so many underclassmen declared early. I'm telling you there will be startling caliber RB's who will be available as UDFA's.

(01-16-2019, 03:13 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: OMG let it go! Blake is long gone dude. You're the only person who still believes he will be on this roster.

Well there is DC they kept him he might believe he will be on the roster. There is TC who gave blake the extension and Believes he was one whistle from the SB. And might be a few who actually think he is the best Business option money wise. Just because the noisey minotity of Fans want him gone, does not mean this front office does. Play Blake Draft OL/WR/TE Next year is full of QBs on another level then the ones this year.
Noisy minority of fans? John Oesher (the Jags head writer) believes he is gone. Blake said he thinks he is gone.

However, you believe he stays or should stay. I'll take the guys words who are closer to the action. TC gave him an extension and I bet you he regrets it every day.

(01-16-2019, 03:10 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am not going to say anything much about our new OC. I am going to give him a chance when season starts back. I hope he has some imagnation for offensse,and does repeat our past ones with 1st down run 2coned down run 3rd down try to pass,and get sacked or turn ball over.   I am hopeing this new OC mixes plays up.   oh yea the run was always right up the middle.  anyways i am reserveing my rights to judge the new OC until jags have played a game that matters not pre-season.

Agree !!  That's my approach as well.

Good hire now go get Haskins and whichever FA QB he wants.
No Fun

(01-16-2019, 03:45 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Good hire now go get Haskins and whichever FA QB he wants.

Question. In this scenario of drafting Haskins, do you think Foles would be okay being a placeholder, until our future QB emerges? That's essentially what he is in Philadelphia right now.

I wonder if he feels if he's earned the right to be a franchise quarterback. I think he has. Super Bowl MVP.

(01-16-2019, 03:53 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 03:45 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Good hire now go get Haskins and whichever FA QB he wants.

Question. In this scenario of drafting Haskins, do you think Foles would be okay being a placeholder, until our future QB emerges? That's essentially what he is in Philadelphia right now.

I wonder if he feels if he's earned the right to be a franchise quarterback. I think he has. Super Bowl MVP.

Hope he doesn't want Foles but thats just me.
No Fun

(01-16-2019, 03:53 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:

I would say it depends on how TC and DC feel about the QB's coming out this year. it's been pretty much a general consensus that it's a weak QB crop in this draft.

So my thinking is why not go get Foles and sign him to a 4 year deal with a possible 5th year option and wait another year or two to see what the 2020 or 2021 draft class has to offer as far as QB's go?

I would rather take a chance on Foles who has shown he can win in this league and win NOW rather than roll the dice on weak prospect in the draft and set the team back another 5-6 years.

Milanovich will remain the QB coach

"Marrone says their offensive philosophy will be dictated on the roster the have. So in theory that means it won’t necessarily be a run first offense going forward. That’s a change from what’s been said in the past."

This is good news.

(01-16-2019, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Marrone says their offensive philosophy will be dictated on the roster the have. So in theory that means it won’t necessarily be a run first offense going forward. That’s a change from what’s been said in the past."

This is good news.

This is the best news possible.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-16-2019, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Marrone says their offensive philosophy will be dictated on the roster the have. So in theory that means it won’t necessarily be a run first offense going forward. That’s a change from what’s been said in the past."

This is good news.

That could also mean that they are staying with the roster they have (BB5) LOL

(01-16-2019, 05:00 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

This is good news.

That could also mean that they are staying with the roster they have (BB5) LOL

the quicker you let it go, the faster you’ll heal.