Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander?

(01-17-2019, 06:31 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 05:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Well, someone will blink in 3 weeks when the new caravans get here and I am pretty sure it won't be the GOP.

The Democrats biggest mistake is thinking Trump actually cares about owning the shutdown. Chuck and Nancy are playing a 7/2 offsuit here. Time to fold it.

Amazing how those caravans show up whenever Trump needs a ratings bump.

Talk to your boy Soros about that one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2019, 06:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 06:31 PM)TJBender Wrote: Amazing how those caravans show up whenever Trump needs a ratings bump.

Talk to your boy Soros about that one.

There's your Soros! Drink!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

LOL.  The President is playing Skeletor's (Pelosi's) political game.

Quite frankly this "government shutdown" is nothing more than politicians or "the elites" playing a chess game in the media with real people's livelihood.  If either side was serious about ending the "shutdown" they would be willing to negotiate a deal.

It looks like from recent news that the democrats would rather "party as usual" and take trips that are unnecessary during this time.  The President is right... if they want to take a trip over seas, it shouldn't be on my (our) dime.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-17-2019, 07:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  The President is playing Skeletor's (Pelosi's) political game.

Quite frankly this "government shutdown" is nothing more than politicians or "the elites" playing a chess game in the media with real people's livelihood.  If either side was serious about ending the "shutdown" they would be willing to negotiate a deal.

It looks like from recent news that the democrats would rather "party as usual" and take trips that are unnecessary during this time.  The President is right... if they want to take a trip over seas, it shouldn't be on my (our) dime.

I think you just hit on a key point glossed over by many...She can take her trip but it must be commercial. The POTUS, DoD, and Pentagon all share the same thought on the matter.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Pelosi and Trump are acting like children. Get together and hammer it out. Whine about it later.

Yes, these are the idiots we elected. Children.

(01-17-2019, 08:12 PM)Sammy Wrote: Pelosi and Trump are acting like children. Get together and hammer it out. Whine about it later.

Agree but I only see one side trying to communicate at this point.

(01-17-2019, 08:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:12 PM)Sammy Wrote: Pelosi and Trump are acting like children. Get together and hammer it out. Whine about it later.

Agree but I only see one side trying to communicate at this point.

Some people only see what they want to see. Sad!

(01-17-2019, 08:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Agree but I only see one side trying to communicate at this point.

Is Pelosi trying to communicate?

(01-17-2019, 09:10 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: Some people only see what they want to see. Sad!

Is Pelosi trying to communicate?

Sure.  She said she will discuss the wall after Trump opens the government back up.
She says that he should get nothing for this tactic. 
It reminded me of when people say they won't negotiate with terrorists.  You'll just get another hostage taken next month if you give them money for the hostage they have now.  Sucks that this is how she views our President, but, she is communicating this point of view quite clearly.

(01-17-2019, 09:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:10 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is Pelosi trying to communicate?

Sure.  She said she will discuss the wall after Trump opens the government back up.
It reminded me of when people say they won't negotiate with terrorists.  You'll just get another hostage taken next month if you give them money for the hostage they have now.  Sucks that this is how she views our President, but, she is communicating this point of view quite clearly.

The president: if I open the government for 30 days are you going to negotiate on a wall.  

Pelosi: no.  

President walked out and here we are #factsmatter

5.7 billion dollars is an insult.  We're going to spend more than ten times that amount this year just paying the precious 800k federal employees that got furloughed.

(01-17-2019, 09:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:10 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is Pelosi trying to communicate?

Then no.

It isn't negotiating if you're only willing to negotiate after you get what you want.

(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure.  She said she will discuss the wall after Trump opens the government back up.

Then no.

It isn't negotiating if you're only willing to negotiate after you get what you want.

It is communicating though

(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure.  She said she will discuss the wall after Trump opens the government back up.

The president: if I open the government for 30 days are you going to negotiate on a wall.  

Pelosi: no.  

President walked out and here we are #factsmatter

5.7 billion dollars is an insult.  We're going to spend more than ten times that amount this year just paying the precious 800k federal employees that got furloughed.

The offer is insulting on both ends. 
Everyone agrees the 30 days from now we are still going to need State department employees processing visa applications, IRS employees procssing tax returns, TSA people inspecting bags, ATC preventing airplanes from colliding, FDA inspecting lettuce, etc.
does anybody think something would happen in the next 30 days to cause Nancy Pelosi to suddenly see the light and want there to be a wall?

(01-17-2019, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Then no.

Pelosi is the terrorist that Trump is willing to negotiate with, she just refuses.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 12:04 AM by B2hibry.)

(01-17-2019, 08:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Agree but I only see one side trying to communicate at this point.

Finally you admit to your blind nonsense. What have your folks Chuck and Nancy contributed to discussion or compromise? Pull your head out. Life isn’t imagineering!

(01-17-2019, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Then no.

It’s showing up for battle after the war is over. True leaders lead from the front! This sad excuse doesn’t care about the American people and shows it at every turn. Otherwise she would be exhausted and war torn in her efforts to end this shutdown ASAP. She’s too worried about leaving the country to escape the issue and public scrutiny.

Once people in the affected areas, particularly the TSA, start walking off the job entirely or finding other employment and leaving their positions, we'll see a very swift return to the table. One side will claim victory, the other will claim that they took one for the people who are unfairly held hostage by all of this, and they will keep fighting for XYZ.

Only one person at a bargaining table isn't a bargain for the tax payers. They can both give a little, and they know it. Hard headed children.

(01-18-2019, 12:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: It is communicating though
It’s showing up for battle after the war is over. True leaders lead from the front! This sad excuse doesn’t care about the American people and shows it at every turn. Otherwise she would be exhausted and war torn in her efforts to end this shutdown ASAP. She’s too worried about leaving the country to escape the issue and public scrutiny.

Yes, Pelosi didn't show up at this scene until the shutdown had already begun.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 09:06 AM by jj82284.)

(01-18-2019, 07:27 AM)Sammy Wrote: Only one person at a bargaining table isn't a bargain for the tax payers. They can both give a little, and they know it. Hard headed children.

He offered legal status for face kids a year ago.

(01-18-2019, 07:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 12:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote: It’s showing up for battle after the war is over. True leaders lead from the front! This sad excuse doesn’t care about the American people and shows it at every turn. Otherwise she would be exhausted and war torn in her efforts to end this shutdown ASAP. She’s too worried about leaving the country to escape the issue and public scrutiny.

Yes, Pelosi didn't show up at this scene until the shutdown had already begun.

Liar.  And we have video.