Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Tale of Two Mocks

Did two mocks using the same updated boards.

First mock was "Get a QB in the first and concentrate on rebuilding a hapless offense" second mock is much more "strategic BAP with a QB no later than round 2"

1: R1P7
QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE

2: R2P6 
G MICHAEL JORDAN
OHIO STATE

3: R3P5
WR LIL'JORDAN HUMPHRY
TEXAS

4: R3P29 
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

5: R4P7 
OT NATE DAVIS
CHARLOTTE

6: R6P5 
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

7: R7P22 
RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M

Mock 2: Ed Oliver, Wilkins, Ferrell, Williams (Greedy and Jonah) all available here. Haskins just went to NYG the pick before. I like our chances of a trade down scenario here. I make the round one pick assuming we trade down and take this player a few spots lower, otherwise its hard to pass up the defensive talent on the board at this point even being talent heavy at DL and CB. Personally I just don't like enough of Jonah Williams to take him at 7 to more than likely play RT.

So here's Mock 2 results

7: R1P7
TE NOAH FANT
IOWA

38: R2P6 
QB WILL GRIER
WVU

69: R3P5 
G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL
WISCONSIN

93: R3P29 
WR DAVID SILLS V
WVU

109: R4P7 
EDGE OSHANE XIMINES
ODU

180: R6P5 
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

238: R7P22
CB BLACE BROWN
TROY

While a top ten TE might be a stretch or a reach he's arguably the best receiving-move TE in the draft and as I said above, with the amount of talent available in this scenario its hard not seeing us maybe going back to 10 or so and picking up perhaps a 5th round pick in some sort of trade and end up with Fant.
Everyone else, imo, was value or a steal where they ended up especially Blace Brown in the 7th and Sills late in the 3rd.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lil’Jordan Humphrey would instantly become my favorite player name in franchise history.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 04:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A TE that got demoted his last year in college with the 7th pick overall? No thanks. Caleb Wilson is the best receiving TE imo and I think we could get him in the 2nd. Hockenson is a really good receiver and blocker though, we love it if he somehow fell to out 2nd pick

(01-18-2019, 03:44 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Lil’Jordan Humphrey would instantly become my favorite player name in franchise history.

Everybody’s name seems to get shortened as a ‘nickname’ of sorts.  So he’d probably be called “Lil’ Hump”.  Who doesn’t love a Lil’ Hump?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 07:11 PM by Caldrac.)

This is what I did:

7: R1P7

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

38: R2P6

WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA

69: R3P5

QB WILL GRIER
WEST VIRGINIA

93: R3P29

WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA

109: R4P7

LB TJ EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

180: R6P5

RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA STATE

238: R7P22

TE DAX RAYMOND
UTAH STATE

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!