Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeffrey Simmons - DT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...h-patriots

Give me a break. Pass. Pass. Pass.  Just gonna be another big space eater that does nothing special.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 09:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

When I saw this, I thought he just gave us some player he couldn't fit anywhere else. DT would be the last position we'd spend another first rounder on. If we don't go QB, I really think we go O-Line, Not to mention that that is unbelievably overrating Simmons. I haven't seen another mock where he is a top 15 pick, much less top 10. Simmons also is not a "character guy." There is a video of him and some obese lady punching another woman who is on the ground, so he's kind of a sleazebag.

Pretty much every mock I’ve seen has us taking a QB and the few Tjat didn’t it was OL. Saw this and just had to shake my head. I’m speechless.

If they draft a DL with their first pick I will give up my season tickets.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The only thing that would made me hate the pick more than a DT at 7 would be a RB at 7 lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 09:54 AM by Jags.)

(01-19-2019, 09:00 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: The only thing that would made me hate the pick more than a DT at 7 would be a RB at 7 lol.

Kicker? LS?  I wouldn’t be surprised if Walter Football has us picking one of those.

(01-19-2019, 07:53 AM)Rico Wrote: If they draft a DL with their first pick I will give up my season tickets.

I think it's safe to say that if this team drafts a DT in the top 10 of this draft, this fan base is going to explode and for good reason.

Depending on what happens with Dareus, FA plans , and various draft factors... I am afraid to say that DT is a live shot at #7. I’d hate it just like the rest of you, just being realistic on what Coughlin has shown throughout his career what his philosophy is.

Our interior rotation with Jackson gone is Dareus, Abry, Taven with some Calais sprinkled in. Seeing as how Taven seems pretty far away + Dareus and Calais are old I wouldn't outright hate landing a top tier talent like Simmons. With the caveat that I'd obviously prefer upgrades on offense ideally.

So heres an interesting question, if push came to shove would you take a TE like Hockenson at #7 over Simmons?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 08:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

They only position on defense I could possibly see is taking on is DE with Fowler gone and this likely being Campbells last year. I still think it's a long shot with us taking a defensive player but if Allen or Gary falls it wouldnt be a huge shock. If they did take Allen or Gary in the first I think they would go offense the rest of the way

(01-19-2019, 07:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Our interior rotation with Jackson gone is Dareus, Abry, Taven with some Calais sprinkled in. Seeing as how Taven seems pretty far away + Dareus and Calais are old I wouldn't outright hate landing a top tier talent like Simmons. With the caveat that I'd obviously prefer upgrades on offense ideally.  

So heres an interesting question, if push came to shove would you take a TE like Hockenson at #7 over Simmons?

I'd rather Metcalf

Only DT I'd settle for is Williams/Oliver

I like Simmons but not at #7.

(01-19-2019, 08:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They only position on defense I could possibly see is taking on is DE with Fowler gone and this likely being Campbells last year.  I still think it's a long shot with us taking a defensive player but if Allen or Gary falls it wouldnt be a huge shock.  If they did take Allen or Gary in the first I think they would go offense the rest of the way

(01-19-2019, 07:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Our interior rotation with Jackson gone is Dareus, Abry, Taven with some Calais sprinkled in. Seeing as how Taven seems pretty far away + Dareus and Calais are old I wouldn't outright hate landing a top tier talent like Simmons. With the caveat that I'd obviously prefer upgrades on offense ideally.  

I'd rather Metcalf

Gary would be an awful pick at #7. Not good enough for there even with his physical traits.  

Yeah Metcalf would be interesting there too. Still think the sweet spot for WRs will be R2 and R3

I would be happy with Williams at 7.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Anything is possible because Jaguars.
No Fun

Tore his ACL today training....

If he fell to the 3rd I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

(02-12-2019, 01:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Tore his ACL today training....

Not totally outside the box for Caldwell to do something like that. Don't know about Coughlin taking an injured defender though. Especially with the needs on offense. 

Would be a bargain in the third for sure.

(02-12-2019, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Tore his ACL today training....

Not totally outside the box for Caldwell to do something like that. Don't know about Coughlin taking an injured defender though. Especially with the needs on offense. 

I don't think he falls to the 3rd. I see a 2nd round pick as way more likely.

(02-12-2019, 02:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not totally outside the box for Caldwell to do something like that. Don't know about Coughlin taking an injured defender though. Especially with the needs on offense. 

I don't think he falls to the 3rd. I see a 2nd round pick as way more likely.

I think that's more likely as well.

(02-12-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 02:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think he falls to the 3rd. I see a 2nd round pick as way more likely.

I think that's more likely as well.

Most teams are staying away from women beaters, that coupled with the ACL tear, I don't see a team taking him in the top 2 rounds

(02-12-2019, 03:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think that's more likely as well.

Most teams are staying away from women beaters, that coupled with the ACL tear, I don't see a team taking him in the top 2 rounds

- signed:

Cleveland Browns