Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Just resigned Safety Jarrod Wilson

(01-24-2019, 04:26 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 04:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: We still need to sign Shatley, Lambo, Bohannan, And Mickens maybe meeks

Why in the world do we need to sign Mickens?

Although Dede was good at PR this year do you really want your Best WR to be returning punts with the risk of injury? Mickens is a good PR and a dependable 4th or 5th WR. When he got his chance he was better then some of the ones we put out there this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2019, 04:35 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 04:26 PM)Rico Wrote: Why in the world do we need to sign Mickens?

Although Dede was good at PR this year do you really want your Best WR to be returning punts with the risk of injury? Mickens is a good PR and a dependable 4th or 5th WR. When he got his chance he was better then some of the ones we put out there this year.

Mickens botched 4 or 5 punt returns last year. No thanks. 
Too indecisive. Didn’t field it when he should have and fielded it when he should have let it go or fair caught. 
He may be in camp - but they’ll be looking elsewhere for competition at PR as well. 

Westbrook is a weapon at PR but they may look to protect him and get someone else back there. Late round picks and UDFA are good for finding PR guys.

(01-24-2019, 04:35 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 04:26 PM)Rico Wrote: Why in the world do we need to sign Mickens?

Lol

Keep Blake and keep Mickens?! Championship!

Mickens is just another dude off the street. He had a couple good punt returns but overall, just a guy and very easily replaced.

(01-24-2019, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 04:35 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Although Dede was good at PR this year do you really want your Best WR to be returning punts with the risk of injury? Mickens is a good PR and a dependable 4th or 5th WR. When he got his chance he was better then some of the ones we put out there this year.
Lol

Keep Blake and keep Mickens?! Championship!

Mickens is just another dude off the street. He had a couple good punt returns but overall, just a guy and very easily replaced.

Well lets see with Blake and Mickens help we where in the AFC championship Game. No mickens oh no we suck again!!! No Championship game.

Why'd he resign?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-24-2019, 11:00 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Why'd he resign?

He wasn't happy with his position

(01-24-2019, 11:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 11:00 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Why'd he resign?

He wasn't happy with his position

LOL!!!!!

(01-24-2019, 04:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 04:35 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Although Dede was good at PR this year do you really want your Best WR to be returning punts with the risk of injury? Mickens is a good PR and a dependable 4th or 5th WR. When he got his chance he was better then some of the ones we put out there this year.

Mickens botched 4 or 5 punt returns last year. No thanks. 
Too indecisive. Didn’t field it when he should have and fielded it when he should have let it go or fair caught. 
He may be in camp - but they’ll be looking elsewhere for competition at PR as well. 

Westbrook is a weapon at PR but they may look to protect him and get someone else back there. Late round picks and UDFA are good for finding PR guys.

This, and Dave has shown in the past that they can find receivers using that m.o.

He dont create the turnovers that Gipson did but Wilson is having a pretty good season. QBs dont really throw in his area to often nor do I recall him getting beat deep. Has had a pretty good season so far. Only if he could create a few turnovers it would make his play stick out a lot more than it has

(10-20-2019, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He dont create the turnovers that Gipson did but Wilson is having a pretty good season.  QBs dont really throw in his area to often nor do I recall him getting beat deep.  Has had a pretty good season so far.  Only if he could create a few turnovers it would make his play stick out a lot more than it has

He gave up chunk yardage plays in weeks one, four and six.  But overall he's played pretty well considering his path getting here and how bad his scouting report was coming out of school.

I haven't been thrilled with Wilson, he's not terrible but we could definitely use an upgrade at FS to complement the budding star that is Ronnie Harrison.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

He hasn't been a problem, that's good.

I think he'll settle in fine. Lots of higher priorities.

He's average in my opinion.

Give me Grant Delpit from LSU and I will be happy with the state of our safety positions.

Is there any update on Eric Berry? He can't help out and be a veteran for our youngins

(10-20-2019, 09:43 PM)enigma Wrote: He's average in my opinion.

Give me Grant Delpit from LSU and I will be happy with the state of our safety positions.

Agreed.  I love Delpit's game.  Always around the football.  Rangy play maker.  Causes turnovers.  Instincts for the football are off the charts.  We'll need another CB too.

Say what you want about jarrod he’s not super flashy ball hawk but he’s consistent doesn’t miss tackles and can come up in run support. I also notice allot less blown coverages this year aside from Kansas City game we have had any really. A big difference from the every 4th game we have 3 blown coverage td game we’re used to. I’m wondering if Wilson and Harrison have something to do with that

Wilson has been fine, just not spectacular. All I ask at this point is that he isn't consistently getting burned.