Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Just resigned Safety Jarrod Wilson

Jags are currently 3.5M below the cap, the expected release of Jackson saves 11M which would give the Jags 7.5M cap space which is enough for the draft class. Then you need space for roster fillers and potential extensions, for example Ngakoue/Jack. I’d assume they cut another high priced player, and Gipson seems like a logical choice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2019, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jags are currently 3.5M below the cap, the expected release of Jackson saves 11M which would give the Jags 7.5M cap space which is enough for the draft class. Then you need space for roster fillers and potential extensions, for example Ngakoue/Jack. I’d assume they cut another high priced player, and Gipson seems like a logical choice.

I would start with Hyde and Parnell before Gipson much easier to replace them or even upgrade them

(01-20-2019, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me if Gipson is cut and Jags roll out Wilson and Harrison week 1.

This was my first reaction.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-20-2019, 03:10 PM)PAJag Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jags are currently 3.5M below the cap, the expected release of Jackson saves 11M which would give the Jags 7.5M cap space which is enough for the draft class. Then you need space for roster fillers and potential extensions, for example Ngakoue/Jack. I’d assume they cut another high priced player, and Gipson seems like a logical choice.

I would start with Hyde and Parnell before Gipson much easier to replace them or even upgrade them
I still like Parnell. Relatively cheap and solid player. If anything he is good depth. If they do dump him I guess the FO feels confident in Richardson’s development. I absolutely agree on Hyde, I honestly don’t think he is good anymore but would the FO want to take the loss on the whole trade like that? Total waste of a 5th rounder.. potential Telvin Smith... and just going to cut him? I don’t know if the FO will take ownership like that. 

Based on what I’ve seen, I’d feel more confident in cutting Gipson and going with Wilson than I do cutting Parnell and going with Richardson. Obviously the draft could change that, just saying as is.

Agree with Hyde. If we keep LF I think he will be gone.

I think the most obvious cuts are Jackson and Hyde. After that, I can see Gipson.

Parnell is tricky because I think he’s a good RT and if we cut him, our average to bad line becomes worse

(01-20-2019, 03:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think the most obvious cuts are Jackson and Hyde. After that, I can see Gipson.

Parnell is tricky because I think he’s a good RT and if we cut him, our average to bad line becomes worse

I like Parnell also but he’s getting old id hate to keep him over Gipson and find out he’s just done. I also think we could replace him easier and cheaper. Our defensive scheme needs a rangy free safety which Wilson is not, and getting a veteran one won’t be cheap and trusting a rookie and wasting an early pick on one doesn’t entice me. We could bring in some mid round picks for insurance if Richardson is not ready

I think depending on how the plan on attacking the draft will help make the decision on Parnell. If Parnell gets cut they plan on taking a tackle early in the draft.

(01-20-2019, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think depending on how the plan on attacking the draft will help make the decision on Parnell.  If Parnell gets cut they plan on taking a tackle early in the draft.

I could see them drafting a RG/RT prospect early and having a cheap veteran G so that the could play the rookie at RT if Richardson isn’t the answer or be the replacement for cann. I remember seeing a guy from Oklahoma I believe like that who was an early second prospect.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2019, 05:30 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-20-2019, 03:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think the most obvious cuts are Jackson and Hyde. After that, I can see Gipson.

Parnelle is  tricky but I think that he is not a dead cap hit if we cut him this year. If that is the case then I think he will be a cap casualty. I'm taking that off of sportstrac so I could be wrong because the way they do the cap is sometimes not completely accurate.

I have said this before but it was just a idea I batted around. If we dropped gip and Earl Thomas hits FA. we could swap them out because Thomas is only making 1mil more a year than gip. Not sure how some of you feel about that but I think it would be a interesting move.

(01-20-2019, 05:27 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Parnelle is  tricky but I think that he is not a dead cap hit if we cut him this year. If that is the case then I think he will be a cap casualty. I'm taking that off of sportstrac so I could be wrong because the way they do the cap is sometimes not completely accurate.

I have said this before but it was just a idea I batted around. If we dropped gip and Earl Thomas hits FA. we could swap them out because Thomas is only making 1mil more a year than gip. Not sure how some of you feel about that but I think it would be a interesting move.

Thomas is going to be making a whole hell of a lot more than that on his next contract.

(01-21-2019, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/1010xl/status/108734...17216?s=21

I hope he’s wrong this definitely hurts our defense and if one of them get hurt were really in trouble.

(01-20-2019, 01:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone know how much it was for?

The RFA tender number for Wilson should be right around 2 million for 2019. 

If his total contract ends up being north of 10 mil for the Whole three years — that’s probably an indication they intend to start him. 

Those numbers aren’t out yet though. 

Will be interesting to see what they do here with Gipson and his salary. 

Harrison and Wilson would probably be a good enough combo to roll with, but they’ll probably want to add some depth to battle C.J. Reavis and Cody Davis for backup duties.

(01-20-2019, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think depending on how the plan on attacking the draft will help make the decision on Parnell.  If Parnell gets cut they plan on taking a tackle early in the draft.

The RT from the Dolphins is hitting FA and looks to be an ideal replacement for Parnell presuming we can afford him. 
'02

(01-20-2019, 03:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree with Hyde.  If we keep LF I think he will be gone.

I'm not so sure after spending a 5th round pick on him and knowing that Yeldon is pretty much gone for sure. 

You read that wrong. We're $3.5 mil OVER the cap... not below the cap. That's why it's in red. 
'02

(01-23-2019, 07:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree with Hyde.  If we keep LF I think he will be gone.

I'm not so sure after spending a 5th round pick on him and knowing that Yeldon is pretty much gone for sure. 

You read that wrong. We're $3.5 mil OVER the cap... not below the cap. That's why it's in red. 

Thats what I ment if you followed the post.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 01:51 PM by irontrooper83.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1088492962626105345

Really good deal for us. Wonder if Gipson is gone, Wilson contract isn't prohibitive to keep both at least this season, would definitely be great quality depth.

We still need to sign Shatley, Lambo, Bohannan, And Mickens maybe meeks

(01-24-2019, 04:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: We still need to sign Shatley, Lambo, Bohannan, And Mickens maybe meeks

Why in the world do we need to sign Mickens?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]