Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Lock

How do y’all feel about Lock’s potential?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He definitely has the arm strength and he throws the prettiest deep ball of any QB in this class. I just wanna see more accuracy on those mid to short range passes. He also tends to panic when he feels pressure. If he can improve these areas, I think he can be a good NFL QB. The arm talent is definitely there.

He's the classic tall big armed QB that isn't very good.

Bad accuracy
Bad footwork
Bad Vs pressure
Bad reading coverage

Arm is amazing but I'd only draft him as a developmental guy, not as a first rounder

(01-22-2019, 03:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's the classic tall big armed QB that isn't very good.

Bad accuracy
Bad footwork
Bad Vs pressure
Bad reading coverage

Arm is amazing but I'd only draft him as a developmental guy, not as a first rounder

Sounds like SEC Josh Allen.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 05:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-22-2019, 03:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's the classic tall big armed QB that isn't very good.

Bad accuracy
Bad footwork
Bad Vs pressure
Bad reading coverage

Lol

(01-22-2019, 05:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Bad accuracy
Bad footwork
Bad Vs pressure
Bad reading coverage

Lol

Which part do you disagree with in the list?

Lock and Murray are 2.a and 2.b behind Haskins in my opinion.

(01-22-2019, 05:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 05:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

Which part do you disagree with in the list?

All of it, he can let throws get away from him at times but he doesnt have bad accuracy.  You say all this about Lock but you liked Lamar Jackson lol.  Lock is better at everything than Jackson was except running the football.  Lock is far from a finished product but to say he is bad at everything other than arm talent is comical

(01-22-2019, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 05:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: Which part do you disagree with in the list?

All of it, he can let throws get away from him at times but he doesnt have bad accuracy.  You say all this about Lock but you liked Lamar Jackson lol.  Lock is better at everything than Jackson was except running the football.  Lock is far from a finished product but to say he is bad at everything other than arm talent is comical

He's pretty inaccurate in short and intermediate. His placement is not good. He struggles in that area mightily. Deep ball accuracy is good but that's the least important area.  

I liked Lamar and acknowledged he was inaccurate
. He was much better reading coverage, much better with eye manipulation, ran more NFL style concepts and was a game breaking playmaker.  Lamar was way better playing the MOF too. Had better touch etc etc 

Lock isn't bad at everything bar his arm. He is bad at everything I listed though, he crumbles under pressure , his footwork is awful (he admits this) , he doesn't process things fast enough to make use of his amazing arm.

So, I think Lock is raw but extremely coachable. I’d be thrilled if the Jaguars drafted him. I think the Jags should go FA/Draft combo route. Bring in Foles to run the DeFilippo offense and groom a guy like Drew Lock.

Lock needs time to develop QB saavy things such as footwork, progression, and melt in the NFL offense. These things are coachable, but 6’4” and that lively arm are not. I think a Smith/Mahomes Veteran/redshirt rookie route keeps our window open and protects our future. Foles said he only wanted to play a few more years.

Lock, to me, is a better prospect than every quarterback not named Dwayne Haskins. But drafting him is just a long shot. He’s either going to fly up the board and out of our reach or out of our reach because his value is too low at the 7th.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 08:19 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-22-2019, 11:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All of it, he can let throws get away from him at times but he doesnt have bad accuracy.  You say all this about Lock but you liked Lamar Jackson lol.  Lock is better at everything than Jackson was except running the football.  Lock is far from a finished product but to say he is bad at everything other than arm talent is comical

He's pretty inaccurate in short and intermediate. His placement is not good. He struggles in that area mightily. Deep ball accuracy is good but that's the least important area.  

. He was much better reading coverage, much better with eye manipulation, ran more NFL style concepts and was a game breaking playmaker.  Lamar was way better playing the MOF too. Had better touch etc etc 

Lock isn't bad at everything bar his arm. He is bad at everything I listed though, he crumbles under pressure , his footwork is awful (he admits this) , he doesn't process things fast enough to make use of his amazing arm.

Since when did Jackson start reading coverages, having eye manipulations, and run an NFL offense?  A lot of fiction you just posted there and he was a game breaker but with his legs.  Jackson was, and still is a rpo one read QB.  It's very rare for him to ever look at his 2nd read.  Back on subject though, Lock is a better athlete than some people realize as he plays basketball too like Foles

(01-23-2019, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 11:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's pretty inaccurate in short and intermediate. His placement is not good. He struggles in that area mightily. Deep ball accuracy is good but that's the least important area.  

Since when did Jackson start reading coverages, having eye manipulations, and run an NFL offense?  A lot of fiction you just posted there and he was a game breaker but with his legs.  Jackson was, and still is a rpo one read QB.  It's very rare for him to ever look at his 2nd read.  Back on subject though, Lock is a better athlete than some people realize as he plays basketball too like Foles

We've had this conversation a thousands times about Lamar and the NFL concepts in his college offense. Provided proof every time and you usually disappear or change topic when it happens. His MOF work in college was the strongest part of his game as a passer (he was bad passing to the boundary). There are numerous examples in every game of him making more than one read at Louisville (same as Watson at Clemson but you didn't see that either)   

Yeah Lock can definitely move a bit.

(01-23-2019, 09:37 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since when did Jackson start reading coverages, having eye manipulations, and run an NFL offense?  A lot of fiction you just posted there and he was a game breaker but with his legs.  Jackson was, and still is a rpo one read QB.  It's very rare for him to ever look at his 2nd read.  Back on subject though, Lock is a better athlete than some people realize as he plays basketball too like Foles

We've had this conversation a thousands times about Lamar and the NFL concepts in his college offense. Provided proof every time and you usually disappear or change topic when it happens. His MOF work in college was the strongest part of his game as a passer (he was bad passing to the boundary). There are numerous examples in every game of him making more than one read at Louisville (same as Watson at Clemson but you didn't see that either)   

Show me where I said that about Watson.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 01:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Watson is and was a much better QB than Jackson, not sure where that came from

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 02:04 PM by JackCity.)

(01-23-2019, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 09:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: We've had this conversation a thousands times about Lamar and the NFL concepts in his college offense. Provided proof every time and you usually disappear or change topic when it happens. His MOF work in college was the strongest part of his game as a passer (he was bad passing to the boundary). There are numerous examples in every game of him making more than one read at Louisville (same as Watson at Clemson but you didn't see that either)   

Show me where I said that about Watson.

Am I confusing you with Pirkster? Apologies if so, both of you guys are the resident bad QB take Havers so I thought you were anti Watson too.

(01-23-2019, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Watson is and was a much better QB than Jackson, not sure where that came from

Agreed!

(01-23-2019, 02:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 12:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Show me where I said that about Watson.

Am I confusing you with Pirkster? Apologies if so, both of you guys are the resident bad QB take Havers so I thought you were anti Watson too.

(01-23-2019, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Watson is and was a much better QB than Jackson, not sure where that came from

Agreed!

Lol, you say that like you are some type of QB guru.

(01-23-2019, 02:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: Am I confusing you with Pirkster? Apologies if so, both of you guys are the resident bad QB take Havers so I thought you were anti Watson too.

Agreed!

Lol, you say that like you are some type of QB guru.

To be fair most people would come across as QB gurus if you compared them to Tebow stans

(01-23-2019, 03:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, you say that like you are some type of QB guru.

To be fair most people would come across as QB gurus if you compared them to Tebow stans
Bahahaha

(01-23-2019, 03:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, you say that like you are some type of QB guru.

Although he is better and always showed up in big games unlike Lamar choke Jackson.  Any big game Lamar ever played in he choked

(01-23-2019, 03:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: To be fair most people would come across as QB gurus if you compared them to Tebow stans

Although he is better and always showed up in big games unlike Lamar choke Jackson.  Any big game Lamar ever played in he choked

Always showed up?