Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's Ruth?

Has anyone seen RBG? 

[Image: rbg245356.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Recovering from surgery.

It's been nearly two months since surgery. She hasn't missed doing her job ever! She has also canceled two appearances for the first week in February. If she is unable to perform her duties as a justice, it could be devastating to the Democrats as Trump would have yet another opportunity to put forth a conservative nominee. Surprising no news network has reported on this. CNN was all over the First Lady absence after only two weeks.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics/...index.html
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-29-2019, 03:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: Recovering from surgery.

(01-29-2019, 03:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote: It's been nearly two months since surgery. She hasn't missed doing her job ever! She has also canceled two appearances for the first week in February. If she is unable to perform her duties as a justice, it could be devastating to the Democrats as Trump would have yet another opportunity to put forth a conservative nominee. Surprising no news network has reported on this. CNN was all over the First Lady absence after only two weeks.

Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Will be curious if she joins the other justices at SOTU. 

I hope she is well and retires on her own, but here is my theory on the democratic frame of mind:

1. She is not well
2. Democrats are hoping something so damning comes out of the Mueller report that somehow impeachment proceedings can start.
3. Knowing that Pence is likely to nominate an even MORE conservative justice than Trump, a quick impeachment of Trump will do no good, which is why they will attempt to keep proceedings going for 2 more years while painting Trump as "unfit" to pick the next justice.

<takes tin foil hat off>

(01-29-2019, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

(01-29-2019, 03:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote: It's been nearly two months since surgery. She hasn't missed doing her job ever! She has also canceled two appearances for the first week in February. If she is unable to perform her duties as a justice, it could be devastating to the Democrats as Trump would have yet another opportunity to put forth a conservative nominee. Surprising no news network has reported on this. CNN was all over the First Lady absence after only two weeks.

Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Will be curious if she joins the other justices at SOTU. 

I hope she is well and retires on her own, but here is my theory on the democratic frame of mind:

1. She is not well
2. Democrats are hoping something so damning comes out of the Mueller report that somehow impeachment proceedings can start.
3. Knowing that Pence is likely to nominate an even MORE conservative justice than Trump, a quick impeachment of Trump will do no good, which is why they will attempt to keep proceedings going for 2 more years while painting Trump as "unfit" to pick the next justice.

<takes tin foil hat off>

She's 85 years old and coming off of surgery to remove cancerous lesions from her lungs. It's no surprise it's taking her a while to get back to work. I believe I've seen it written that she's staying actively involved from home, but at some point either you're on the bench or you're not.

(01-29-2019, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

1. She is not well

<takes tin foil hat off>

Pence is more likely to cave to his opposition, however. A female is definitely the next one up; white men are bad, m'kay.

Amy Barrett is up next. 

Has a Justice ever been removed for medical / physical reasons anyway?

(01-29-2019, 05:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Will be curious if she joins the other justices at SOTU. 

1. She is not well

<takes tin foil hat off>

Pence is more likely to cave to his opposition, however. A female is definitely the next one up; white men are bad, m'kay.

Amy Barrett is up next. 

No, but there was a justice a long ways back who suffered a debilitating injury and was clearly unable to perform his duties after an extended absence. As a means of "encouraging" him to retire, the rest of the justices unanimously agreed that they would not issue a ruling in any case where he would have been the deciding vote until he had either returned to the bench or retired.

(01-29-2019, 05:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Will be curious if she joins the other justices at SOTU. 

1. She is not well

<takes tin foil hat off>

Amy Barrett is up next. 

Good question.

There will be a lot of upset liberals that she didn't retire during the previous administration. My guess is that she would have, if there wasn't the assumption that Hillary would win.

Breyer ain't no spring chicken himself....

The Dems are planning for "Weekend at Ruthie's."

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-29-2019, 09:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The Dems are planning for "Weekend at Ruthie's."

That was actually a really good one. Not gonna lie.

(01-29-2019, 09:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The Dems are planning for "Weekend at Ruthie's."

Funny you say that. I actually saw a poster on reddit earlier with Ruth as Bernie. There is some conspiracy going around started by a nurse that says she is her caregiver and she is in a medically induced coma because of pneumonia. Showed some blurry picture with two nurses. 

[Image: Weekend%2Bat%2BRuthie%2527s.jpg]

Supposedly, RBG made it out last night but not a single photo of this sighting. I guess CNN only uses their "journalist instinct" on Robert Stone early morning raids.

Hopefully she makes it to the SOTU tonight.

Ruth is skipping the SOTU because she "made an appearance" last night. Her incredibly robust health was well-reported by several known liars and no photos or video were taken, in respect for her recently-concocted exalted status as gangsta royalty and a future Olympic decathlete.

She didn't show to the SOTU last night as expected. I don't believe she attended Trumps first either.

(02-06-2019, 08:54 AM)B2hibry Wrote: She didn't show to the SOTU last night as expected. I don't believe she attended Trumps first either.

Curious how long the nation will allow law clerks to work on the SCOTUS.

(02-06-2019, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 08:54 AM)B2hibry Wrote: She didn't show to the SOTU last night as expected. I don't believe she attended Trumps first either.

Curious how long the nation will allow law clerks to work on the SCOTUS.

About as long as the nation allows a condo salesman to pretend to be POTUS.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-06-2019, 01:52 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Curious how long the nation will allow law clerks to work on the SCOTUS.

About as long as the nation allows a condo salesman to pretend to be POTUS.

6 more years then?

(02-06-2019, 01:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 01:52 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: About as long as the nation allows a condo salesman to pretend to be POTUS.

6 more years then?

No - I figure Ruth is good for another ten.

(02-06-2019, 01:56 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 01:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 6 more years then?

No - I figure Ruth is good for another ten.

I hope she lives to 110, but she should retire yesterday.

Is Donald running in 2020? I hadn't read that Rush and Ann Coulter have decided. You may have a scoop! I'm sure Donald will do as he's told.