Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most underrated Jags in history

(02-01-2019, 09:36 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 09:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Joel Smeenge. He's still number two all time in sacks for the team although Ngakoue is probably going take that from him next year.

JOEL SMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNGGGEEEEE!!!! takes me way back and also makes me recall AARON BBEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSLLLLEEYYYY!!!

Most definitely and that's why I consider him underrated. One of the highest performing DEs we've ever had but nobody but a few of us long timers even remember him, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Harry Colon, just based on the name alone. Every time they announced his name, I giggled.

Ben Coleman

- Donovan Darius
- Brad Meester
- John Henderson

Blake Bortles

(02-02-2019, 05:06 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Greg Jones. 

^^^^this

Jones blew open holes for our two best backs

Chris Naeole
"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

Paul Posluszny
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

BB5

(02-02-2019, 10:04 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 05:06 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Greg Jones. 

^^^^this

He was such a physical beast.

(02-02-2019, 02:49 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 10:04 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: ^^^^this

He was such a physical beast.
Some may not even be aware but he was actually a pretty good RB before his injury.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

1. Darryl Smith
2. Greg Jones
3. Rob Meier
4. Seth Payne
5. Jimmy Smith- He did earn a few pro-bowl selections, but he was the best skill position player the Jags have ever had- even better than Taylor. In his prime, he could not be covered even when double-teamed.

(02-02-2019, 10:17 AM)Calmecac Wrote: Chris Naeole

Yep

Chris Naeole - Imo the best Guard we ever had.
Rashean Mathis - People now talk about him like was just ok. Give me Mathis over Ramsey (Ramsey is more talented but he didn't have a great season and his attitude stinks).
Reggie Williams - No he wasn't great  but also nowhere near as bad a people say, he was a good #2 and Matt Jones helped him end his career with weed
Akin Ayodele - Not great but pretty good
Mike Peterson - He was better than D. Smith
John Henderson - Dude should have been an All Pro at least 2 years, also people thought Stroud was better (he wasn't)
Terry Cousins - Best NB we've had. People talk about Hayden lmao. Also lol at all the people who thought K.Thomas and Colvin were great NBs.
Bobby McCray - pretty good DE, pretty strong for his size.... 

D. Smith wasn't nowhere near as good as peole claimed at the beginning, he became really good after that but like his first 5 season he was just slightly above average.

James Stewart is definitely a forgotten player in the Jags RB history. He benefited from a great OLine but this is about being underrated so I just thought I'd throw his name out there.

7,500 yards + 57 TDs

(02-02-2019, 05:06 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Greg Jones. If u say no Greg Jones says I am coming.

For a 2nd round pick, I definitely don't consider him underrated -- heck, a better discussion may be whether he was a bust or not.  Sure he made the most of it given his inability to run at the NFL level stemming from his nasty injury at FSU but I don't think we drafted him with the 55th pick thinking the dude would only gain 913 career rushing yards.  The other 3 FBs that were drafted in 2004 were taken in the 5th and 7th rounds -- you don't draft a FB in round 2.  Heck, Michael burner Turner went in round 5 and ran for over 7,500 yards.

Pete Mitchell, still the best receiving TE in Jags history
Bryan Schwartz
Seth Payne
Dynamic kicking duo Bryan Barker and Mike Hollis

Great suggestions all, but I think Smeenge takes it.

Pete Mitchell, Gary Walker, Chris Hudson

For fun: Steve Mathews, Jim Miller

Did I seriously just read Reggie Williams? Huge bust. Arguably one of the biggest in franchise history.

Rob meier

Among people that haven't already been mentioned:

Marcedes Lewis & David Garrard. Marcedes was quietly an allpro and probowler to the tune of 10 td's when they actually decided to throw it to the 6'6" guy. And he was an absolute animal at blocking, we did not appreciate what he contributed until this past year with him gone. Garrard, everyone talks about Brunell but Garrard is easily the 2nd best QB in franchise history, after his rookie year in limited action, he never had a negative TD/INT ratio, was accurate, efficient with the ball. He had 2 bread and butter plays to convert just about anything, the slant and the qb draw. if he had last years team, thats easily a SB.

On the defensive side, Clint Ingram and Clint Sessions. both of those men could absolutely tattoo people with their hits, the physicality of them and those defenses was nuts. And i feel like Jags fans have always been spoiled with good ST's play until recently, largely due to Montell Owens, and Kassim Osgood, having a ST's like that again would make a tangible difference in games especially with the style of play we are trying to play now.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!