Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most underrated Jags in history

(02-03-2019, 07:02 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: Only speed kept paul posluznt from being an elite middle linebacker, he had everything else, just couldnt run.

Actually his speed and the era; he would have been awesome in the past.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMO OG Chris Naole was the most underrated player ever to wear a Jaguars uniform and it isn't even close.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Rob Johnson. Without his usually-competent performances in relief of Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor goes somewhere else.

(02-13-2019, 04:29 PM)TJBender Wrote: Rob Johnson. Without his usually-competent performances in relief of Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor goes somewhere else.

That's a curveball.

Kyle Brady. 8 years a Jag, 120 games, 241 grabs, 2500 yards, 13 TDs and a monster blocker. No one ever brings him up. He played on the best Jags' team of all time (1999).

(02-20-2019, 04:40 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Kyle Brady. 8 years a Jag, 120 games, 241 grabs, 2500 yards, 13 TDs and a monster blocker. No one ever brings him up.  He played on the best Jags' team of all time (1999).

This poses an interesting question.  Which team would win between the 1999 team and the 2017 team?

Position analysis...

QB-Brunell v. Bortles-  Edge: 1999
RB-Taylor v. Fournette-Edge 1999
WR-Smith and McCardell vs. Lee and Westbrook  Edge:  1999
TE-Brady v. Marcedes  Edge: 1999
OL-Boselli, Searcy, Wade, Weigert, Coleman vs. Cam, Parnell, Cann, Linder and Omameh-Edge:

DL-Brackens, Payne, Walker, Wynn vs. Ngakoue, Dareus, Jackson and Campbell-Edge 2017
LB-Hardy, Matrs, Paup vs. Smith, Poz and Jack- Edge: 2017
DB-Bryant, Beasley, Darius, Lake vs. Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson and Church  Edge: 2017
K-Hollis v. Lambo-a tough one-Edge:2017
P-Barker v. Nortman-Edge:  2017

HC -TC v. marrone-Edge TC

I think the 1999 team would win, but it would be a close one. 

The matchups I'd like to see the most in that game would be Smith and McCardell vs. Ramsey and Bouye and Searcy vs. Campbell

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The fans.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-20-2019, 05:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 04:40 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Kyle Brady. 8 years a Jag, 120 games, 241 grabs, 2500 yards, 13 TDs and a monster blocker. No one ever brings him up.  He played on the best Jags' team of all time (1999).

This poses an interesting question.  Which team would win between the 1999 team and the 2017 team?

Position analysis...

OL-Boselli, Searcy, Wade, Weigert, Coleman vs. Cam, Parnell, Cann, Linder and Omameh-Edge:

DL-Brackens, Payne, Walker, Wynn vs. Ngakoue, Dareus, Jackson and Campbell-Edge 2017
DB-Bryant, Beasley, Darius, Lake vs. Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson and Church  Edge: 2017

The matchups I'd like to see the most in that game would be Smith and McCardell vs. Ramsey and Bouye and Searcy vs. Campbell

I don't think it would be that close. The 1999 team had a huge advantage in QB, RB, OL, WRs, and the only clear advantage on D for 2017 is CB. Yes, Campbell is better than any 99 DL, but collectively, 99 better overall DL. And imagine the '17 crew having to defend Smith and McCardel with '17 rules?

(02-21-2019, 05:56 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 05:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This poses an interesting question.  Which team would win between the 1999 team and the 2017 team?

Position analysis...

I don't think it would be that close. The 1999 team had a huge advantage in QB, RB, OL, WRs, and the only clear advantage on D for 2017 is CB. Yes, Campbell is better than any 99 DL, but collectively, 99 better overall DL. And imagine the '17 crew having to defend Smith and McCardel with '17 rules?

I disagree with your assertion about the 99 DL being better.

Brackens vs. Ngakoue-Brackens, though Ngakoue has had a faster start to his career (note to self: must change 25th anniversary team to reflect Brackens over Ngakoue)
Walker vs. Dareus-slight edge Dareus
Payne vs. Malik Jackson-edge Jackson
Wynn vs. Campbell-no contest...Campbell by a mile

'17s LBs win by a big margin as well.

(02-21-2019, 10:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 05:56 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I don't think it would be that close. The 1999 team had a huge advantage in QB, RB, OL, WRs, and the only clear advantage on D for 2017 is CB. Yes, Campbell is better than any 99 DL, but collectively, 99 better overall DL. And imagine the '17 crew having to defend Smith and McCardel with '17 rules?

I disagree with your assertion about the 99 DL being better.

Brackens vs. Ngakoue-Brackens, though Ngakoue has had a faster start to his career (note to self: must change 25th anniversary team to reflect Brackens over Ngakoue)

You are right on DL, but how about the rest?

(02-22-2019, 01:09 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 10:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I disagree with your assertion about the 99 DL being better.

You are right on DL, but how about the rest?

Well, I just said the '17 LBs would win.

SAM:  Paup vs. Jack-big edge Jack.  Paup was not only finished by the time he got to Jacksonville, TC insisted on using him in coverage for reasons wholly unknown to me to this day, some twenty years later.  
Mike:  Martz v. Poz-decent edge Poz
Will:  Hardy vs. T. Smith-even  Hardy was better at the point of attack and rushing the passer.  Smith was better in coverage and creating turnovers and points.

CB:  Bryant vs. Ramsey-Big edge Ramsey-Bigger, Faster, more physical, more consistent, more accolades.
CB:  Beasley vs. Bouye-Bouye would have fit right in with the "Killer B's".  Actually he is an improvement over Beasley
FS-Lake vs. Gipson-Eve-Lake made the Pro Bowl that year, but was pretty much finished.  Gipson accounted for four turnovers
SS-Darius vs. Church-even-Their numbers from their respective years were pretty much even.  Neither made the Pro Bowl.  Whomever you prefer would largely depend on when you were playing.  If playing under the old rules when they were allowed to play defense, it was more of a running game, and you wanted to defend against the run, DD was the guy.  If playing under the current rules, DD would have been legislated out of the game...and not because he was a dirty player, because he wasn't.  Church was better in coverage.

Blake Bortles

Why was this moved? Tell me how "Jags most underrated players" isn't solely about the Jags? Serious issues.

(03-01-2019, 03:52 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Why was this moved? Tell me how "Jags most underrated players" isn't solely about the Jags? Serious issues.

Just looked at the moderation logs and I see no record of this thread ever having been moved. 

It resides in the jags/home team section where you posted it - and where it has since remained unmoved. 

I think the serious issues may be with your navigation of the board. 
Are you accessing the board via mobile phone, tablet, or a computer?

(02-13-2019, 04:29 PM)TJBender Wrote: Rob Johnson. Without his usually-competent performances in relief of Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor goes somewhere else.

And we draft Randy Moss instead.

(03-01-2019, 05:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

And we draft Randy Moss instead.

How exactly? Taylor was selected with the pick we got from Buffalo for Rob Johnson (#9), Moss was selected at #21, and our original pick wasn't until #25.

(03-01-2019, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 03:52 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Why was this moved? Tell me how "Jags most underrated players" isn't solely about the Jags? Serious issues.

Just looked at the moderation logs and I see no record of this thread ever having been moved. 

It resides in the jags/home team section where you posted it - and where it has since remained unmoved. 

I think the serious issues may be with your navigation of the board. 
Are you accessing the board via mobile phone, tablet, or a computer?

I'm beginning to think that this guy chooses to not operate in reality. Either that or you've smacked him down so many times, it's hard for him to see the sub-forum titles through all of the tears.

Matt Jones BABY!! WOOO

(03-01-2019, 05:36 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 05:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: And we draft Randy Moss instead.

How exactly? Taylor was selected with the pick we got from Buffalo for Rob Johnson (#9), Moss was selected at #21, and our original pick wasn't until #25.

That question is much too difficult for me to answer but I'm sure we would have found a way to get Moss with the 20th pick and retain our 25th pick selecting Darius. Probably would have traded Renaldo Wynn and our 86th, 118th, 179th, and 182nd picks off to Detroit in exchange for #20 (Randy Moss)

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 08:23 AM by lastonealive.)

(02-12-2019, 08:59 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: IMO OG Chris Naole was the most underrated player ever to wear a Jaguars uniform and it isn't even close.

This.

So underrated most can't spell his name right either.