Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hall of Fame (merged threads)

Down to 15 Finalist.

I voted Boselli, Champ, Lynch, Gonzalez, and Reed

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/halloffame/2019

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gonzo, Boselli, Faneca, Atwater, Reed

I voted Boselli, Tony Gonzales, Ed Reed, Alan Faneca and Steve Hutchinson. O-Linemen don't get enough love and these guys were great.

González, Boselli, and Reed are no brainers, I don't even recall who my other two votes were for, but not Faneca. Don't need any other linemen competing for votes.

voted Boselli,gonzalas,reed,lynch,bruce
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

boselli gonzo lynch bruce reed

(01-03-2019, 09:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: González, Boselli, and Reed are no brainers, I don't even recall who my other two votes were for, but not Faneca. Don't need any other linemen competing for votes.

I'd agree, but Alan Faneca is one of the best to ever play the position. He belongs in the Hall.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 11:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-03-2019, 11:04 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 09:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: González, Boselli, and Reed are no brainers, I don't even recall who my other two votes were for, but not Faneca. Don't need any other linemen competing for votes.

I'd agree, but Alan Faneca is one of the best to ever play the position. He belongs in the Hall.

He was great but was he better than Hutchinson?

Id love to have a dominant guard like one of those guys. I wish Norwell could be like his All Pro year and it would help our oline a ton

Bosselli, Gonzales, Reed, Lynch, Atwater

unlikely that 3 safeties get in i know.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Voted!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Fan votes count for HOF?

For things as prestigious as this, they shouldn't let fans vote at all.

Current players and coaches maybe, but certainly not NFL fans ... who most likely are impaired to a degree and possibly half naked when they cast their vote.
You're Welcome.

Boselli, Gonzo, Reed, Atwater and Gil Brandt.
'02

Fan voting is a joke. Yao Ming is still getting all star votes in China.

(01-04-2019, 02:33 AM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: For things as prestigious as this, they shouldn't let fans vote at all.

Current players and coaches maybe, but certainly not NFL fans ... who most likely are impaired to a degree and possibly half naked when they cast their vote.

The fan vote has absolutely nothing to do with who gets into the Hall of Fame.  This is simply an NFL.com poll of fans - nothing more.  There is a 48 person committee that meets the day before the Super Bowl to discuss, debate and argue about who gets in.  They're the only votes that count.  They ultimately vote on the 15 modern day finalists to reduce the list from 15 to 10, then from 10 to 5.  Once it's at 5, they vote again and a player needs 80% of the votes to be elected.

That being said, it seems there may be a decent chance for Boselli to make it in this year.  Gonzalez and Reed are probably locks to make it, Bailey will have support - but after that there aren't any clear cut favorites.  I've seen various predictions from columnists and websites that include Boselli as one of the 5 that get in.  He's definitely deserving - best OT I've ever seen play in my time watching football.

(01-04-2019, 12:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fan votes count for HOF?

(01-04-2019, 08:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fan voting is a joke. Yao Ming is still getting all star votes in China.

It's essentially an opinion poll, not an official part of the selection process. Try visiting a site before getting bent out of shape. Your heart will thank you.

Brandt, Atwater, Boselli, Gonzalez, Reed.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-03-2019, 09:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I voted Boselli, Tony Gonzales, Ed Reed, Alan Faneca and Steve Hutchinson. O-Linemen don't get enough love and these guys were great.

Coincidentally, I voted the same

This will be his year. Finally.

(01-04-2019, 10:50 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 02:33 AM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: For things as prestigious as this, they shouldn't let fans vote at all.

The fan vote has absolutely nothing to do with who gets into the Hall of Fame.  This is simply an NFL.com poll of fans - nothing more.  There is a 48 person committee that meets the day before the Super Bowl to discuss, debate and argue about who gets in.  They're the only votes that count.  They ultimately vote on the 15 modern day finalists to reduce the list from 15 to 10, then from 10 to 5.  Once it's at 5, they vote again and a player needs 80% of the votes to be elected.

That being said, it seems there may be a decent chance for Boselli to make it in this year.  Gonzalez and Reed are probably locks to make it, Bailey will have support - but after that there aren't any clear cut favorites.  I've seen various predictions from columnists and websites that include Boselli as one of the 5 that get in.  He's definitely deserving - best OT I've ever seen play in my time watching football.

I agree with this, although the 48-person panel may be to look at the poll results when discussing their decisions. 
'02

(01-04-2019, 12:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:50 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: The fan vote has absolutely nothing to do with who gets into the Hall of Fame.  This is simply an NFL.com poll of fans - nothing more.  There is a 48 person committee that meets the day before the Super Bowl to discuss, debate and argue about who gets in.  They're the only votes that count.  They ultimately vote on the 15 modern day finalists to reduce the list from 15 to 10, then from 10 to 5.  Once it's at 5, they vote again and a player needs 80% of the votes to be elected.

I agree with this, although the 48-person panel may be to look at the poll results when discussing their decisions. 

That's possible, but with the selection committee being like the Supreme Court, where the members basically serve for life - I don't know that any of the old school beat writers, who are all overly impressed by their own opinions, will care too much about an opinion poll on nfl.com.  I think Sam Kouvaris is still representing Jacksonville - is he even still around, covering football?