Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ed Oliver

All of his numbers are crazy but 35 reps, same as Suh. I honestly think this is the year we trade back. There will be great players teams will want to trade up for

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Most years we would be all over this guy. He might be the one player we go .......welp.

It wouldnt shock me if he is gone before we pick. I could see Tampa or Oak taking him. McCoy is 31 and zero dead money if they cut him next year

I'm gonna have to take another look at this guy. He might be this year's Aaron Donald. I just wish he was a little heavier.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Anyone think Oliver could play Campbells role and get his max potential if we draft him? DE on early downs and slide inside on passing downs. To get Bryans max potential he needs to stay at 3 tech imo. Trying to think of a way we can get the max out of both players because I fell like the are both 3 techs in a 4-3. Oliver might be able to excell in Cambells roll though because he is great against the run too

(04-02-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone think Oliver could play Campbells role and get his max potential if we draft him? DE on early downs and slide inside on passing downs.  To get Bryans max potential he needs to stay at 3 tech imo.  Trying to think of a way we can get the max out of both players because I fell like the are  both 3 techs in a 4-3. Oliver might be able to excell in Cambells roll though because he is great against the run too

I think they could both play Campbell's role.   Not that I want to get rid of Campbell at all.   Oliver is amazingly athletic for a man his size.   I think he could play multiple positions.  

I think he'd be well worth the #7 pick in the draft.   

He did a short shuttle time that was like a WR, and just look at the way he runs the 40.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001024607/Ed-Oliver-runs-blazing-4-75-unofficial-40-yard-dash-at-Houston-pro-day

(04-02-2019, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone think Oliver could play Campbells role and get his max potential if we draft him? DE on early downs and slide inside on passing downs.  To get Bryans max potential he needs to stay at 3 tech imo.  Trying to think of a way we can get the max out of both players because I fell like the are  both 3 techs in a 4-3. Oliver might be able to excell in Cambells roll though because he is great against the run too

I think they could both play Campbell's role.   Not that I want to get rid of Campbell at all.   Oliver is amazingly athletic for a man his size.   I think he could play multiple positions.  

I think he'd be well worth the #7 pick in the draft.   

He did a short shuttle time that was like a WR, and just look at the way he runs the 40.  

[/url][url=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001024607/Ed-Oliver-runs-blazing-4-75-unofficial-40-yard-dash-at-Houston-pro-day]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001024607/Ed-Oliver-runs-blazing-4-75-unofficial-40-yard-dash-at-Houston-pro-day

I seen that and posted it the day he had his pro day.  Of course anyone can play Campbells role but I'm talking about at a high level and getting the best out of them.  It was clear last year when they played Bryan at DE and then switched him to 3 tech that he is much better at DT than he is at end in a 4-3 defense.  I dont want Bryan playing DE, he needs to stay inside

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 10:03 AM by Upper.)

Oliver was had the highest athletic score at DT, DE, and LB this year. He's too small to play 0T/NT, but he will excel anywhere else you put him. Bryan at 3T and Oliver at 5T could be devastating.

(04-02-2019, 10:03 AM)Upper Wrote: Oliver was had the highest athletic score at DT, DE, and LB this year. He's too small to play 0T/NT, but he will excel anywhere else you put him. Bryan at 3T and Oliver at 5T could be devastating.

We like a big end and who could be a better replacement at big end than Oliver? There probably isnt one.  I really dont think he will be there though.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 10:25 AM by JackCity.)

He's definitely athletic and talented enough to try outside but still a big projection there play wise. I'd want him a 3 tech on the vast majority of snaps.

(04-02-2019, 10:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's definitely athletic and talented enough to try outside but still a big projection there play wise. I'd want him a 3 tech on the vast majority of snaps.

If that's the case then you are taking away from last year first round pick and what he does best.  If they dont feel he can play end than I would want to draft him.  Bryan and Oliver inside on 3rd downs has the potential to be the best in the league though.  Oliver's arm length is really my only concern playing DE

(04-02-2019, 10:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's definitely athletic and talented enough to try outside but still a big projection there play wise. I'd want him a 3 tech on the vast majority of snaps.

If that's the case then you are taking away from last year first round pick and what he does best.  If they dont feel he can play end than I would want to draft him.  Bryan and Oliver inside on 3rd downs has the potential to be the best in the league though.  Oliver's arm length is really my only concern playing DE

Imagine a 3rd and long with Calais, Oliver, Bryan and Yannick coming at ya. I don't think Taven should stop you from taking a talent like Oliver, even if Oliver is the starting 3 tech you can still play Taven on 60% of snaps or so

(04-02-2019, 10:56 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If that's the case then you are taking away from last year first round pick and what he does best.  If they dont feel he can play end than I would want to draft him.  Bryan and Oliver inside on 3rd downs has the potential to be the best in the league though.  Oliver's arm length is really my only concern playing DE

Imagine a 3rd and long with Calais, Oliver, Bryan and Yannick coming at ya. I don't think Taven should stop you from taking a talent like Oliver, even if Oliver is the starting 3 tech you can still play Taven on 60% of snaps or so
I dont want my first round pick taking only 60% of the snaps.  Especially when it's because you are moving him out of position.  That said I think Oliver would be fine at the big end

(04-02-2019, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:56 AM)JackCity Wrote: Imagine a 3rd and long with Calais, Oliver, Bryan and Yannick coming at ya. I don't think Taven should stop you from taking a talent like Oliver, even if Oliver is the starting 3 tech you can still play Taven on 60% of snaps or so
I dont want my first round pick taking only 60% of the snaps.  Especially when it's because you are moving him out of position.  That said I think Oliver would be fine at the big end

No you wouldnt need to move Taven from 3 tech in that scenario.

Malik played at around 68% of snaps his first two seasons here, so doubtful Bryan would play much over 70% even without Oliver. You want your 3 tech being fresh

If you're that worried about proven fit then just take Burns. A 3rd and long with Yannick/Bryan/Calais/Burns would be damn terrifying too.

(04-02-2019, 12:17 PM)Upper Wrote: If you're that worried about proven fit then just take Burns. A 3rd and long with Yannick/Bryan/Calais/Burns would be damn terrifying too.

Yeah I'm good with either. Sweat too

(04-02-2019, 12:17 PM)Upper Wrote: If you're that worried about proven fit then just take Burns. A 3rd and long with Yannick/Bryan/Calais/Burns would be damn terrifying too.

I'd rather Sweat if we go edge rusher

(04-02-2019, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Same.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Oliver or Williams are the 2 guys I want if we go defense. I like Sweat as well, but I would prefer Williams or Oliver.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-02-2019, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I like Sweat, but I think I have Burns a tick higher. They're both elite athletes with good production, but Burns has more natural bend to him. I worry a tad that we could get a Branch type that can struggle to get around the edge if we go Sweat. But that's picking nits, I like em both.