Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Virginia Governor

So, the actual governor is a racist who supports 4th trimester abortion, the lieutenant governor is a sexual assaulter who used repulsive language last night when describing his victim, and now the 3rd in line admitted to using blackface too. 

The democratic party's identity politics are backfiring in the most hilarious way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't worry, hopefully the voters remember this stuff in 2020
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-06-2019, 01:23 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Don't worry, hopefully the voters remember this stuff in 2020

The hypocrisy and double standard is incredible. Did you see Bernie Sanders fake a phone call yesterday to avoid answering a question related to the lieutenant governor? Hilarious!

(02-06-2019, 01:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 01:23 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Don't worry, hopefully the voters remember this stuff in 2020

The hypocrisy and double standard is incredible. Did you see Bernie Sanders fake a phone call yesterday to avoid answering a question related to the lieutenant governor? Hilarious!

I read about it, the DemocRATS are losing it and they know it
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-06-2019, 02:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 01:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The hypocrisy and double standard is incredible. Did you see Bernie Sanders fake a phone call yesterday to avoid answering a question related to the lieutenant governor? Hilarious!

I read about it, the DemocRATS are losing it and they know it

lol ... when you're running against Donald you always have a chance. Regardless of the nominee. Perhaps you forgot that people other than angry middle-aged white males are allowed to vote.

Donald is the new Hillary.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-06-2019, 02:24 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 02:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I read about it, the DemocRATS are losing it and they know it

lol ... when you're running against Donald you always have a chance. Regardless of the nominee. Perhaps you forgot that people other than angry middle-aged white males are allowed to vote.

I voted for Trump because he was the less of the two evils we ended up with. My original choice was Ben Carson.

I'm not sure who will be there in 2020, but if it is Hillary again, I will be forced once again to vote for Trump. Don't blame the "angry middle-aged white males" for the failure to be given a better alternative. Don't pretend you know what you are talking about when it comes to "angry middle-aged white males" ... You need someone to point the finger at? Look in the mirror.

(02-06-2019, 01:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

NOW has called for the lieutenant governor to resign. Maybe there is a limit to the hypocrisy.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-06-2019, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, the actual governor is a racist who supports 4th trimester abortion, the lieutenant governor is a sexual assaulter who used repulsive language last night when describing his victim, and now the 3rd in line admitted to using blackface too. 

The democratic party's identity politics are backfiring in the most hilarious way.

I get it.  I'll give my post a different title, even though the subject matter was already posted.   Pending on who you are and what position your post represents it may or may not get merged with the Northram thread even though the other posts stated Northram and this post state Virginia Governor --- pretty sneaky.  That said, given our lack of software topic developers, I'm actually in favor of posting various like threads if you are bringing something new to the table.  4th trimester abortions ..... racism ....  sexual assaulters ...... our dang generation is full of sickos !!   I have no problem with filling in the bubble that states Rep if it's the right candidate.

4th man in line is GOP. Let's see how this goes.

(02-06-2019, 10:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 01:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, the actual governor is a racist who supports 4th trimester abortion, the lieutenant governor is a sexual assaulter who used repulsive language last night when describing his victim, and now the 3rd in line admitted to using blackface too. 

I get it.  I'll give my post a different title, even though the subject matter was already posted.   Pending on who you are and what position your post represents it may or may not get merged with the Northram thread even though the other posts stated Northram and this post state Virginia Governor --- pretty sneaky.  That said, given our lack of software topic developers, I'm actually in favor of posting various like threads if you are bringing something new to the table.  4th trimester abortions ..... racism ....  sexual assaulters ...... our dang generation is full of sickos !!   I have no problem with filling in the bubble that states Rep if it's the right candidate.

The red font. Nice! Fortunately, the 4th guy in line happens to be a Republican who hasn't been shown to be a racist or sexual assaulter (yet).

(02-06-2019, 11:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 10:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I get it.  I'll give my post a different title, even though the subject matter was already posted.   Pending on who you are and what position your post represents it may or may not get merged with the Northram thread even though the other posts stated Northram and this post state Virginia Governor --- pretty sneaky.  That said, given our lack of software topic developers, I'm actually in favor of posting various like threads if you are bringing something new to the table.  4th trimester abortions ..... racism ....  sexual assaulters ...... our dang generation is full of sickos !!   I have no problem with filling in the bubble that states Rep if it's the right candidate.

The red font. Nice! Fortunately, the 4th guy in line happens to be a Republican who hasn't been shown to be a racist or sexual assaulter (yet).

At this point, I'll take it.

4th trimester abortion. What an utterly horrifying concept.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-07-2019, 07:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 4th trimester abortion. What an utterly horrifying concept.

The new democratic platform. That should work well for them in 2020.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 09:58 AM by Adam2012.)

(02-06-2019, 08:00 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 02:24 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... when you're running against Donald you always have a chance. Regardless of the nominee. Perhaps you forgot that people other than angry middle-aged white males are allowed to vote.

I voted for Trump because he was the less of the two evils we ended up with. My original choice was Ben Carson.

I'm not sure who will be there in 2020, but if it is Hillary again, I will be forced once again to vote for Trump. Don't blame the "angry middle-aged white males" for the failure to be given a better alternative. Don't pretend you know what you are talking about when it comes to "angry middle-aged white males" ... You need someone to point the finger at? Look in the mirror.

I don't get it. What are you talking about? I don't need to look in the mirror. Not a Hillary fan. Didn't vote for her. And she's not going to run again. Trumpettes like to throw that out there to scare the old folks. I certainly do blame the angry middle-aged white male who got Donald nominated and elected. There were plenty of viable alternatives. But no - the aforementioned group had to have a juvenile fit and nominate the guy they saw on The Apprentice. Now the joke is on them. And the rest of us.

But I'm not laughing.

(02-07-2019, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 07:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 4th trimester abortion. What an utterly horrifying concept.

The new democratic platform. That should work well for them in 2020.

Hey - "Grab them by the [bleep]" worked.

(02-07-2019, 09:57 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 08:00 PM)Sammy Wrote: I voted for Trump because he was the less of the two evils we ended up with. My original choice was Ben Carson.

I don't get it. What are you talking about? I don't need to look in the mirror. Not a Hillary fan. Didn't vote for her. And she's not going to run again. Trumpettes like to throw that out there to scare the old folks. I certainly do blame the angry middle-aged white male who got Donald nominated and elected. There were plenty of viable alternatives. But no - the aforementioned group had to have a juvenile fit and nominate the guy they saw on The Apprentice. Now the joke is on them. And the rest of us.

But I'm not laughing.

(02-07-2019, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The new democratic platform. That should work well for them in 2020.

Adam, we all need to be a little more careful about assigning motives to people.
Sammy said he preferred Ben Carson.  
I agree with you, Adam, that Trump was the worst possible choice among the Republican nominees, and I think anyone who voted for him in the primaries made a terrible, incorrect choice... but I won't speculate about why they did it.  They each had millions of different reasons.
But I have a lot more sympathy for the folks who voted Trump in the general election, when the choices were just, Trump, Clinton, or protest vote.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-07-2019, 10:26 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:57 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: I don't get it. What are you talking about? I don't need to look in the mirror. Not a Hillary fan. Didn't vote for her. And she's not going to run again. Trumpettes like to throw that out there to scare the old folks. I certainly do blame the angry middle-aged white male who got Donald nominated and elected. There were plenty of viable alternatives. But no - the aforementioned group had to have a juvenile fit and nominate the guy they saw on The Apprentice. Now the joke is on them. And the rest of us.

But I'm not laughing.

Adam, we all need to be a little more careful about assigning motives to people.
I agree with you, Adam, that Trump was the worst possible choice among the Republican nominees, and I think anyone who voted for him in the primaries made a terrible, incorrect choice... but I won't speculate about why they did it.  They each had millions of different reasons.
But I have a lot more sympathy for the folks who voted Trump in the general election, when the choices were just, Trump, Clinton, or protest vote.

My vote wasn't a protest vote.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM by The Real Marty.)

How far down the list of political and public figures in the democratic party are we going to go before we finally find someone who's never had a bad thought or done something stupid?

(02-07-2019, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 10:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: Adam, we all need to be a little more careful about assigning motives to people.

My vote wasn't a protest vote.

Right.  Special snowflakes like you only make the most special, most correct votes.  Want a cookie?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-07-2019, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How far down the list of political and public figures in the democratic party are we going to go before we finally find someone who's never had a bad thought or done something stupid?

Bad thoughts and doing stupid things are one thing. Impersonating Michael Jackson, to me, is no big deal. But being in blackface with a guy in a Klan outfit is a bridge too far. The Klan was/is a domestic terrorist organization. How can you claim to represent black people?

I suppose everyone has to determine their own red line. Some people wouldn't have a problem with a Nazi uniform. Personally, I think it's a good sign in American society when people are being called out for being racist or being too stupid or insensitive to understand why their actions would be perceived as such.

In Northam's case it was 1984, not 1954. If he doesn't get that I don't think he's smart enough to be anyone's Governor.

I remember growing up with the mantra, "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

What happened to that??

It means.. say anything you want, it's not going to affect me or how I feel or how I act... physical acts of violence are bad and will be punished. However, words are just.. ya know.. hot air.