Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prius Owner Freaks Out After Seeing Couple In Big Diesel Truck

(02-08-2019, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: I will say, if I had $80-$100k sitting around burning a hole in my pocket (which I don’t) I’d be curious about a Tesla.  But then I’m low to the ground again and I’m not sure how I feel about being limited in range.  In that case, id probably be better off getting a Peterbuilt.

Ride height isn't really a factor in crash safety though. Whatever you gain from being more visible you lose in decreased stability.

And Tesla's are great cars if they work. And that's a big if considering their build quality and the fact that replacing a door handle on a Model S costs over $1000.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 06:43 PM by Jags.)

(02-08-2019, 06:29 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: I will say, if I had $80-$100k sitting around burning a hole in my pocket (which I don’t) I’d be curious about a Tesla.  But then I’m low to the ground again and I’m not sure how I feel about being limited in range.  In that case, id probably be better off getting a Peterbuilt.

Ride height isn't really a factor in crash safety though. Whatever you gain from being more visible you lose in decreased stability.

And Tesla's are great cars if they work. And that's a big if considering their build quality and the fact that replacing a door handle on a Model S costs over $1000.

I like the height.  Not so much to be visible, though.  I’d rather be higher than the action in the event of an accident.  Stability issues are a lot on the driver.  If you mean rolling it in an accident, we’ll in that case I’ve done that before.  I’ve rolled a truck 7 times give or take, says the bystanders, and was extremely lucky to walk away unharmed, let alone living.  I’m not sure I could say tha.t in a small car with little head room.  

As far as the Tesla, I’ve got to say I really don’t know too much other than they’ve got the electric thing going better than anyone else at the moment and they look sharp.  I’ve also seen a show about the factory, which was impressive.  But, like I said, I’d be curious.  Would I, probably not.

Oh, you didn’t answer the question about the bike and man bag. Smile

(02-08-2019, 06:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:29 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Ride height isn't really a factor in crash safety though. Whatever you gain from being more visible you lose in decreased stability.

I think you have no idea how Dutch people ride bicycles.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 07:28 PM by Jags.)

(02-08-2019, 07:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Is this where you tell me you don’t actually have the seat?  It’s not an “it bike” is it?  I can post a pic, but it may be warning worthy.

(02-08-2019, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 07:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I think you have no idea how Dutch people ride bicycles.

Is this where you tell me you don’t actually have the seat?  It’s not an “it bike” is it?  I can post a pic, but it may be warning worthy.

You must be referring to this......

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

If I had a long commute, I'd drive a Prius. For economy and reliability they can't be beat. 
I drove one of these (in this color) for 4 years. I miss it because it was very utilitarian. My next vehicle just might be another minivan (homebiscuit states in a rich baritone voice). 

[Image: 2004-Kia-Sedona.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 08:08 PM by Jags.)

(02-08-2019, 07:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Is this where you tell me you don’t actually have the seat?  It’s not an “it bike” is it?  I can post a pic, but it may be warning worthy.

You must be referring to this......

Absolutely!  He is too, I think

The gif is the one I was worried about

(02-08-2019, 07:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If I had a long commute, I'd drive a Prius. For economy and reliability they can't be beat. 
I drove one of these (in this color) for 4 years. I miss it because it was very utilitarian. My next vehicle just might be another minivan (homebiscuit states in a rich baritone voice). 

A Kia?  At least get the Cadillac of mini vans.     

Anyone know that movie? +1 if you can name the movie, make and model..

(02-08-2019, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:15 PM)Jags Wrote: When you ride into work, do you wear your work clothes over the spandex or do you keep them in your man bag, I’m sorry, “satchel”?

Just for the fun of arguing with you, a “real vehicle” (IMO) is one I feel my family is safe in as well as can do things I may need it to do.  In my case...you guessed it!!! I drive a manly truck Smile.    And before you knock the “Having a truck for driving around”, I actually need to tow and haul for work.  But even if I didn’t, I’d still have one.  I lifted it slightly, but it still gets decent gas mileage.  Idk what I’m doing wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong in buying and driving whatever vehicle you choose. Different people have different needs and desires and they buy different cars to meet them. Defining someone by what car they own is lazy journalism and judging people for what car they own is lazy thinking.

(02-08-2019, 06:04 PM)Rico Wrote: The great defender of vegans and economy car owners world-wide...

More like someone who's tired of the sad little echo chamber this forum seems to have become.

Easily remedied...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM by The Drifter.)

(02-08-2019, 08:01 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 07:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You must be referring to this......

Absolutely!  He is too, I think

The gif is the one I was worried about

(02-08-2019, 07:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If I had a long commute, I'd drive a Prius. For economy and reliability they can't be beat. 

A Kia?  At least get the Cadillac of mini vans.     

Anyone know that movie? +1 if you can name the movie, make and model..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mohoyRj_VpU

Chevy Venture
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 08:27 PM by Jags.)

Nice Drifter!   I loved that movie when I was younger.  Right clip, but not Chevy venture.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 08:45 PM by homebiscuit.)

I was just thinking about that movie this morning. Now I have to watch it again.

A couple of months ago I sat in a new top-of-the-line Honda Odyssey. Ohhh, man. Come to papa! Then the $47K sticker price brought me back down.

(02-08-2019, 08:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was just thinking about that movie this morning. Now I have to watch it again.

A couple of months ago I sat in a new top-of-the-line Honda Odyssey. Ohhh, man. Come to papa! Then the $47K sticker price brought me back down.

Don’t look at the Town and Country from Chrysler.  It’ll hurt even more.   They’re the new “Cadillac of minivans”. Side note, if buying new, I feel you can’t get much quality under 35,000 anymore.  Anything new worth a crap seems to be in the 40+ range now.  And if you want “nice” with bells and whistles, you’re talking close to 50k or more.

(02-08-2019, 08:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 08:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was just thinking about that movie this morning. Now I have to watch it again.

Don’t look at the Town and Country from Chrysler.  It’ll hurt even more.   They’re the new “Cadillac of minivans”. Side note, if buying new, I feel you can’t get much quality under 35,000 anymore.  Anything new worth a crap seems to be in the 40+ range now.  And if you want “nice” with bells and whistles, you’re talking close to 50k or more.

I agree completely. Unless its an econocar anything that actually has a little space seems to start over 30k.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 04:35 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

A couple of months ago I sat in a new top-of-the-line Honda Odyssey. Ohhh, man. Come to papa! Then the $47K sticker price brought me back down.

$47,000 for a minivan? Is it twin-turbocharged or something?

(02-08-2019, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote: More like someone who's tired of the sad little echo chamber this forum seems to have become.

Echo chamber? People argue on this board all of the time.

(02-09-2019, 04:30 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

A couple of months ago I sat in a new top-of-the-line Honda Odyssey. Ohhh, man. Come to papa! Then the $47K sticker price brought me back down.

$47,000 for a minivan? Is it twin-turbocharged or something?

(02-08-2019, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote: More like someone who's tired of the sad little echo chamber this forum seems to have become.

Echo chamber? People argue on this board all of the time.

No we dont!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-07-2019, 05:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Prius Owner Freaks Out After Seeing Couple In Big Diesel Truck

No two vehicles are perhaps more different than a Prius and a diesel truck. So, it comes as no surprise that the owners of each might have some differences of opinion on things. But, when one Prius owner saw what a couple was doing in a diesel truck in a parking lot, she freaked out — and it was all caught on video.

https://taphaps.com/prius-owner-couple-diesel-truck/

That clip is at least 5 years old, maybe even beyond that. I read some context on the clip a long time ago, and I think the freakout had something to do with the truck driver "rolling coal" while she was right behind them. Which, regardless of your views on whether to save or nuke the whales, is very much a dick move.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 08:10 PM by Jags.)

(02-10-2019, 07:31 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 05:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Prius Owner Freaks Out After Seeing Couple In Big Diesel Truck

No two vehicles are perhaps more different than a Prius and a diesel truck. So, it comes as no surprise that the owners of each might have some differences of opinion on things. But, when one Prius owner saw what a couple was doing in a diesel truck in a parking lot, she freaked out — and it was all caught on video.

https://taphaps.com/prius-owner-couple-diesel-truck/

That clip is at least 5 years old, maybe even beyond that. I read some context on the clip a long time ago, and I think the freakout had something to do with the truck driver "rolling coal" while she was right behind them. Which, regardless of your views on whether to save or nuke the whales, is very much a dick move.

So, it’s the equivalent to the DB light (super bright LED bar on grill) or amazingly loud exhaust?  Light/noise pollution.    If that’s the case, what rational person would stop the other to confront them?  Not that I agree, but seems like a great way to get shot.  In other words, she should still shut the hell up.  6 or 7 billion people in the world. Not gonna please everyone.  No one cares if your upset just as much no one care that you have that super bright light.  No one is cool.

I looked at the new Blazer last night, too much station wagon and not enough truck IMO. This year's Traverse is reaaaaallly nice though, $58,600 fully loaded.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-08-2019, 07:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

One day y'all will discover the benefits of a seat on that post.

Big Grin

(02-08-2019, 07:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I think you have no idea how Dutch people ride bicycles.

Hopefully better than they drive a muscle car ... Or any car for that matter. Tongue