Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

(02-01-2019, 11:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: At least he is still showing up every day to work and to get better. Love his attitude. I Think he can be the bridge QB to a rookiee and not waste a ton of money on someone who is only slightly better or even worst.

[Image: 51419482_10205458295094799_3266284802831...e=5CF54B62]

Yup, I don't know how anybody can hate on the guy. He is everything you want as a QB, he just lacks the arm talent it takes to be a good NFL QB and the problem is that's a pretty important part lol.

I'll continue to root for him no matter what happens, even though I think his days are numbered with this team. I'll still take him all day over wasting a bunch of money on Foles though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2019, 11:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 11:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: At least he is still showing up every day to work and to get better. Love his attitude. I Think he can be the bridge QB to a rookiee and not waste a ton of money on someone who is only slightly better or even worst.

Yup, I don't know how anybody can hate on the guy. He is everything you want as a QB, he just lacks the arm talent it takes to be a good NFL QB and the problem is that's a pretty important part lol.

I'll continue to root for him no matter what happens, even though I think his days are numbered with this team. I'll still take him all day over wasting a bunch of money on Foles though.
I think just about everyone loves Blake the person but dislikes Blake the QB.

(02-01-2019, 11:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

He doesnt lack the arm talent, he just isnt very accurate

(02-02-2019, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 11:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, I don't know how anybody can hate on the guy. He is everything you want as a QB, he just lacks the arm talent it takes to be a good NFL QB and the problem is that's a pretty important part lol.

well all QBs through bad balls and when you say he is not very accurate i have to look at stats. he is a career %59.3 completion percentage. so 6 out of every 10 passes are accurate. I agree that is not super but is not very inaccurate when you look at some other QBs. lets look at SB Tom cheater Brady his career stats is %64 so 6.4 out of every 10 passes are accurate thats not much better but he is the goat. what about Jerod goff he is %62.1 not alot better but hey its only his 3rd year. Lets look at this years leaders in completion percentage drew brees he is %67.3 for his career, now that is better and he is one of the elite qbs, but still not a overwhelming  difference. kurt cousin was second this year and his career is %66.5, and carson wentsz %63.7.

Now i know everyone keeps saying he is not accurate but if you think about all the balls our recievers dropped over there years BB5 would be closer to %61. im sorry but that is not very inaccurate in the least i mean cam newton is at %59.7 for career. He is not elite but you cant say he is very inaccurate. now he does throw too many INT but every year he has thrown less and less.

(02-02-2019, 12:14 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He doesnt lack the arm talent, he just isnt very accurate

well all QBs through bad balls and when you say he is not very accurate i have to look at stats. he is a career %59.3 completion percentage. so 6 out of every 10 passes are accurate. I agree that is not super but is not very inaccurate when you look at some other QBs. lets look at SB Tom cheater Brady his career stats is %64 so 6.4 out of every 10 passes are accurate thats not much better but he is the goat. what about Jerod goff he is %62.1 not alot better but hey its only his 3rd year. Lets look at this years leaders in completion percentage drew brees he is %67.3 for his career, now that is better and he is one of the elite qbs, but still not a overwhelming  difference. kurt cousin was second this year and his career is %66.5, and carson wentsz %63.7.

Now i know everyone keeps saying he is not accurate but if you think about all the balls our recievers dropped over there years BB5 would be closer to %61. im sorry but that is not very inaccurate in the least i mean cam newton is at %59.7 for career. He is not elite but you cant say he is very inaccurate. now he does throw too many INT but every year he has thrown less and less.

Im not looking at the stats, im watching every game.  You cant just look at the comp % to tell if he is accurate.  If one is throwing 20 yards down the field every time and one is throwing 2 yards everytime and they have the same comp % does that mean both QBs are the same?  If you watch every Jags game Bortles a lot of time cant even complete a screen pass or a 5 yard pass because he is way off.  comp% is just a small portion of if the QB is accurate.  You have to look at the type of thorws he is doing and makings, how many yards downfield etc.  Bortles is not an accurate QB and is last in every bad statistic since he has been the sarter

(02-02-2019, 12:14 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He doesnt lack the arm talent, he just isnt very accurate

Dude. What?!

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 12:55 PM by Ronster.)

I mean, they could then afford to go get the Quarterback you want in the draft. Not overspending on a veteran that may or may not be the answer and drafting your QB. The Jags hired a Coach that does well with Quarterbacks, maybe they think he can fix Bortles and at the same time develop a rookie QB....

Probably not, but the Jags do have a reputation for questionable decisions.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I wouldn’t lose any sleep thinking Blake will be the starter next year. He won’t even be on the roster.

No
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I expect them to hold on to him and cut after June 1 (+$5M savings) unless they pull a Gabbert-like ham sandwich trade first.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-10-2019, 01:21 PM)Jags Wrote: I wouldn’t lose any sleep thinking Blake will be the starter next year.   He won’t even be on the roster.

Are you sure about that? If so who is your inside source and don't sayed because he got benched because David garard got benched the last three games of the season in 2006 and bounced back to be a starter for the next 3 years
[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-10-2019, 06:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 01:21 PM)Jags Wrote: I wouldn’t lose any sleep thinking Blake will be the starter next year.   He won’t even be on the roster.

Are you sure about that? If so who is your inside source and don't sayed because he got benched because David garard got benched the last three games of the season in 2006 and bounced back to be a starter for the next 3 years

My inside source is common sense.

The one pulling the strings is Tom Coughlin.....and i find it hard to believe he’s shared what he thinks about the quarterback situation.

(02-02-2019, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 11:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, I don't know how anybody can hate on the guy. He is everything you want as a QB, he just lacks the arm talent it takes to be a good NFL QB and the problem is that's a pretty important part lol.

I'm still surprised that no one seems to care that we took a left-handed guy who throws the football right handed.

(02-10-2019, 06:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

You're forgetting this is the club that cut both Leftwich and Garrard the week prior to the regular season opener.

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings.  But she loves to perform in Jacksonville.

(02-10-2019, 02:32 PM)pirkster Wrote: I expect them to hold on to him and cut after June 1 (+$5M savings) unless they pull a Gabbert-like ham sandwich trade first.

They can just designate him a post 6/1 cut and cut him prior to that date with the same effect.  Doing so would be a courtesy to Blake in landing another job during the early part of free agency as opposed to trying to find a job when most of them are already filled.  That’s assuming the FO’s plan is to cut him.

If Blake has no clue what's happening it's probably because the front office aren't sure. If he was definitely gone he would know by now. If he was definitely staying he would also probably know.

Seems it depends on availability and price of other vets. The best choice for this org is to probably to let bortles and a rookie compete. Giving huge money to a vet never tends to end well outside of a hall of famer like Manning or a bust who has got significantly better since drafting a replacement (Brees). Maybe Foles could fit the brees mold?

All other names like Fitzpatrick offer no upside above Bortles. I mean how many times have he and McCown been benched in their careers at this point?

I’ve always wanted bortles to work out because I absolutely love his personality. Very honest and open and he does work hard. He’s also incredibly durable despite the lack of protection. Id keep him, give him a better supporting cast. If we suck we’ll be at the bottom of the draft in 2020 anyways

(02-10-2019, 10:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I’ve always wanted bortles to work out because I absolutely love his personality. Very honest and open and he does work hard. He’s also incredibly durable despite the lack of protection. Id keep him, give him a better supporting cast. If we suck we’ll be at the bottom of the draft in 2020 anyways

And what if we're mediocre but Blake is still not good?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 03:51 AM by Upper.)

Blake is so bad they named a pollution scale after him. Let it go.

https://twitter.com/wonderofscience/stat...2746726400