Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

(12-28-2018, 11:39 AM)old_man Wrote: What was it like before Coughlin?

Get your panties out of a wad.....

We were able to string together a great season last year.... Damn a lot of Jag fans are cry babies....

I have been a fan since 1997 when I lived in Jacksonville...What mess are we exactly in?  We added FAs to try to WIN now...how hard is that to understand?

Regardless if people hate or like Blake he could serve as a bridge or even get better..... Some Jag Fans are nuts...They were trying to run Brunell out of town when he had a good 2 to 3 years left....

(12-28-2018, 11:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I heard that it's Matt Stafford.

Please no..... he is horrible....great stats but nothing else...

Ultimate choker.....
You just said Blake can get better and call other Jags fans crazy? lol 

You’re a trip.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Weren't you saying Kessler was better than Blake? Not sure you should be laughing at anyone.

Oh and you were so smug about it too...

Jaguars: While coach Doug Marrone is believed to safe, the Jaguars are looking for a new offensive coordinator. Nathaniel Hackett was already jettisoned and whoever the new coordinator is will try to thrive in a post-Blake Bortles world. Defensive coordinator Todd Wash's status has not yet been decided. The unit is still strong statistically -- fifth in points allowed, for instance. -Ian Rapoport

I don’t know, I’ve also been of the thought that Bortles would still be the starter next year, but Rapsheet is shying away any from his report that Blake is done in Jacksonville.

(12-29-2018, 04:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Weren't you saying Kessler was better than Blake? Not sure you should be laughing at anyone.

Smug? Lol ok

He’s a better passer than Blake and I’ve been fairy adamant that they both suck.

There is no way he's on the roster next year.

(12-29-2018, 08:49 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Jaguars: While coach Doug Marrone is believed to safe, the Jaguars are looking for a new offensive coordinator. Nathaniel Hackett was already jettisoned and whoever the new coordinator is will try to thrive in a post-Blake Bortles world. Defensive coordinator Todd Wash's status has not yet been decided. The unit is still strong statistically -- fifth in points allowed, for instance.  -Ian Rapoport

I don’t know, I’ve also been of the thought that Bortles would still be the starter next year, but Rapsheet is not shying away any from his report that Blake is done in Jacksonville.

Schefter reporting that Winston is staying in Tampa.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-29-2018, 04:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Weren't you saying Kessler was better than Blake? Not sure you should be laughing at anyone.

How’s Blake doing today? You sure he’s better than Kessler?

The point is and always has been that they both suck and if the offense shows no difference between when Blake plays and Kessler plays, why keep the 21 million dollar man?

He gotta keep him

(12-30-2018, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: He gotta keep him

Who is he? Who is him?
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 05:11 PM by lastonealive.)

(12-30-2018, 03:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

How’s Blake doing today? You sure he’s better than Kessler?

The point is and always has been that they both suck and if the offense shows no difference between when Blake plays and Kessler plays, why keep the 21 million dollar man?

There's no quick fix out there. Find me a better qb and I'm happy to swap.

But this whole everyone is better is false as proven. 

You will just want to get rid of the next guy and the one after that and the one after that.

Then when we get a good oline(like last season) and a top receiver you will think that qb is magically better.

Break the bank for Tyrod? Or you pimping another new terrible qb this year?

If we're keeping Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone - you may as well keep Bortles and write off 2019 as a wasted season.

(12-30-2018, 05:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 03:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How’s Blake doing today? You sure he’s better than Kessler?

There's no quick fix out there. Find me a better qb and I'm happy to swap.

You will just want to get rid of the next guy and the one after that and the one after that.

Then when we get a good oline(like last season) and a top receiver you will think that qb is magically better.

Forgive me for wanting better. You’re totally right on me though. I will want to move on to the next one and next one and next one until we find the right guy. It’s clear it’s not Blake or Kessler. So lets move on.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 05:54 PM by B2hibry.)

Watching these last few games, this mess is as much on scheme and coaching than anything. Players aren’t being used to strengths and plays are so stale. Execution hasn’t been great either.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-30-2018, 05:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 05:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote: There's no quick fix out there. Find me a better qb and I'm happy to swap.

Forgive me for wanting better. You’re totally right on me though. I will want to move on to the next one and next one and next one until we find the right guy. It’s clear it’s not Blake or Kessler. So lets move on.

Cool let's find a better one first. I would hate to roll out a gabbert with a championship defence and a healthy oline.

(12-30-2018, 05:37 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Watching these last few games, this mess is as much on scheme and coaching than anything. Players aren’t being used to strengths and plays are so stale. Execution hasn’t been great either.

I'm with you, but I also wonder how much injuries and available skill level factors into the play calling.

(12-30-2018, 05:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 05:37 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Watching these last few games, this mess is as much on scheme and coaching than anything. Players aren’t being used to strengths and plays are so stale. Execution hasn’t been great either.

I'm with you, but I also wonder how much injuries and available skill level factors into the play calling.

I hear ya. I guess we as fans don’t truly know. My opinion is that next man up shouldn’t be such a detriment that the playbook gets chopped. Frustrating for sure.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I feel like Blake will be back because they won't be able to find a better backup for the 4.5M it would save by cutting him given our cap situation and the ongoing continuity comfort this team has had for a decade plus.

(12-30-2018, 06:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I feel like Blake will be back because they won't be able to find a better backup for the 4.5M it would save by cutting him given our cap situation and the ongoing continuity comfort this team has had for a decade plus.
Blake said it himself that he doesn’t expect to be back. But you think he will be?

(12-30-2018, 06:33 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 05:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm with you, but I also wonder how much injuries and available skill level factors into the play calling.

I hear ya. I guess we as fans don’t truly know. My opinion is that next man up shouldn’t be such a detriment that the playbook gets chopped. Frustrating for sure.

What about when it's fourth next man up?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato