Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Receiver talk

(02-15-2019, 04:08 PM)roycee Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 08:46 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Lance Zeurlein's prospect grades have just come out. They still look like a work in progress with some big names not having grades yet, but Zeurlein usually has his finger on the pulse with these things.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

Some interesting receiver/TE grades in there:

Fant with 5.86 which seems quite low. Makes him the third TE and only slightly ahead of Kahale Warring with 5.74, who I had literally never heard of prior to today. Hockenson with a rating of 6.35 making him the 6th best player in the draft.

N'Keal Harry with a grade of 5.79, same as Diontae Johnson who is another player I knew nothing about.

Johnson is one of 3 WRs in this draft from Toledo and probably the most physically gifted of the group. Has some great route running skills and good speed to go along with it.

Yeah he looks good now I've started doing some research. My problem is that it's too easy to get carried away when scouting WRs, everybody looks like an all pro when watching college highlights!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m probably in the minority, but if we go the Foles route then I wouldn’t hate Hockenson with our 1st. He’s might favoriteplayer in the draft so I’m probably biased.

(02-15-2019, 08:24 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I’m probably in the minority, but if we go the Foles route then I wouldn’t hate Hockenson with our 1st. He’s might favoriteplayer in the draft so I’m probably biased.

Yeah, he's right there with Goedert and Howard as TE prospects over the last couple years.  I don't really believe in taking a TE that high but I do think Hockenson will be a great player.  If they don't want a Metcalf then Hockenson is my next guy.

Just heard Metcalf is related to Terry and Eric Metcalf.

Good genes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-18-2019, 07:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just heard Metcalf is related to Terry and Eric Metcalf.  

Good genes.

Yea I pointed that out in an earlier post for those questioning his size...his dad was a NFL Lineman.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 07:56 PM by Caldrac.)

Metcalf has No. 1 ability / potential for the NFL. But can he pass a drug test? Dude HAS to be on the juice. LOL.

(02-18-2019, 07:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just heard Metcalf is related to Terry and Eric Metcalf.  

Good genes.

If he's there at No. 7 overall and Haskins is off the board... I hope they take him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-18-2019, 07:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

Good genes.

Yea I pointed that out in an earlier post for those questioning his size...his dad was a NFL Lineman.

I saw the post about Terrance...but I forgot Terrance was related to Terry and Eric.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-18-2019, 07:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Metcalf has No. 1 ability / potential for the NFL. But can he pass a drug test? Dude HAS to be on the juice. LOL.

Good genes.

If he's there at No. 7 overall and Haskins is off the board... I hope they take him.

He or Ford is who I'm leaning if they don't go QB.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 09:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

My final WR rankings.

1. Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Butler
4.Harry
5a Marqise Brown
5b Deebo Samuel

Wildcard : Andy Isabella

I like Isabella as well but he seems destined for the Patriots. Only team that seems to know how to use the undersized super quick white guys.

People sleeping on AJ Brown. He's gonna be a stud

(04-24-2019, 09:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My final WR rankings.

1. Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Butler
4.Harry
5a Marqise Brown
5b Deebo Samuel

the bookies are saying they think Brown + Harry won't be 1st rounders ( not sure i buy it) , if they did fall out of the 1st, would you move up for either of them or just wait to see if they make it to our 2nd pick.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 07:26 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2019, 07:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:

1. Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Butler
4.Harry
5a Marqise Brown
5b Deebo Samuel

the bookies are saying they think Brown + Harry won't be 1st rounders ( not sure i buy it) , if they did fall out of the 1st, would you move up for either of them or just wait to see if they make it to our 2nd pick.
I wouldn't move up for anyone because I think some really good players will be there at our 2nd and I don't want to lose our 3rd..  That said if we take Hockenson in the 1st and Brown is there in the 2nd I would take him and address oline in the 3rd.  Risner is the only one I would take over Brown that could realistically fall.  I do like those top 4 WRs I listed better than any of the WRs that came out last year though and a few of them went in the 1st

It's that time of the year when people want to take a WR that will be 4th on our depth chart with a Top 40 pick...

Like who?

(04-25-2019, 07:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:

1. Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Butler
4.Harry
5a Marqise Brown
5b Deebo Samuel

Rumors now that Metcalf might fall to the 2nd.  If he is there I would trade up with the Pat's or Cardinals.  We would get the best WR and TE in the draft imo.

Hockenson and Metcalf would be quite the injection of talent, but I just don't see an OL not being one of the first two picks.

(04-25-2019, 01:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Hockenson and Metcalf would be quite the injection of talent, but I just don't see an OL not being one of the first two picks.

Oline is more of a need but sometimes you have to take the BAP and value over need.  As Arians said, drafting need is how you get fired

(02-11-2019, 08:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm hoping they will be targeting QB, OL and even TE prior to WR personally, so I'm checking out guys that may be there in the third and later. Hard to know prior to the combine though as these receivers alter their stock quite a bit sometimes with their measurements and drills.

Guys I'm sort-of eyeballing include:

Jakobi Meyers
Terry McLaurin
Dillon Mitchell
Travis Fulgham
Keelan Doss
David Sills

I can see them getting JJ Arcega-Whiteside or Terry McLaurin with their first third-round pick.
'02

1. Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Butler
4.Harry
5a Marqise Brown
5b Deebo Samuel

I'll say...

1. DK Metcalf
  2. Marqise Brown
  3. AJ Brown
  4. Hakeem Butler
  5. N'Keal Harry
  6. Parris Campbell
  7. Deebo Samuel
  8. Kelvin Harmon
  9. JJ Artega-Whiteside
  10. Ryan Ridley
I can see Isabella at #11... top 15 for sure. Same goes for Terry McLaurin.
'02