Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New mock - Jags Trade Up

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM by JagJohn.)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/s...-draft-6-0

(Loving this website by the way, great way to do some research on the draft)

I'd make this trade in a heartbeat. What do you think?

5. Jacksonville Jaguars (via TB): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
*TRADE* TB sends No. 5 and No. 135 to JAX for No. 7, No. 69 and a third round pick in 2020.
I do think that some team is going to trade up into the Top 5 for a quarterback, and once that happens I can see the other handful of teams that also need one starting to get very restless as the clock ticks.
Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht loves the draft. It’s his favorite game to play. He also loves having the chance to get more picks and select more players. That’s why I think a small move back to No. 7 with Jacksonville could be in the cards. This way the Jags get to jump the Giants to pick their quarterback and the Buccaneers get some extra picks to play with later.
Jacksonville MUST come away from this draft with either Murray or Haskins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In a heartbeat, indeed.

The Redacteds jumping to three for Murray would have me laughing so hard I'd forget to hand our card in on time to make that pick.

(02-11-2019, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote: In a heartbeat, indeed.

Yep. 

No brainer.

I can't wait for the draft. Will be my first time attending and maybe we'll get our franchise qb finally....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-11-2019, 10:23 AM)JagJohn Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/s...-draft-6-0

*TRADE* TB sends No. 5 and No. 135 to JAX for No. 7, No. 69 and a third round pick in 2020.
I do think that some team is going to trade up into the Top 5 for a quarterback, and once that happens I can see the other handful of teams that also need one starting to get very restless as the clock ticks.
Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht loves the draft. It’s his favorite game to play. He also loves having the chance to get more picks and select more players. That’s why I think a small move back to No. 7 with Jacksonville could be in the cards. This way the Jags get to jump the Giants to pick their quarterback and the Buccaneers get some extra picks to play with later.
That would be a deal too good to pass up....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 02:56 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-11-2019, 10:23 AM)JagJohn Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/s...-draft-6-0

I agree with you on the website.  It seems an absolute godsend for anyone hungry for knowledge and analysis on the upcoming draft prospects.  Some quality stuff.

I also agree with you on that trade.  Even though the Jaguars would end up paying more than what they paid to make the exact same move in 2012 for Justin Blackmon, it certainly is not cost prohibitive by any stretch and if it results in a future franchise QB, then all the better.  That trade involved sending Tampa our 4th round pick that year to move from 7 to 5 to land Justin Blackmon.  

FWIW, Bucky Brooks, a former player and scout for the Jaguars, absolutely raves about Haskins, comparing him to Warren Moon.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This would be a good trade for Jacksonville, probably too good for Tampa to make it. They are only having to give up two 3rd rounders to get the highest rated q.b. in the draft. I hope this does happen. Do you think the Jags would do this trade if they sign Nick Foles? I don't think they would since they would obviously be in "win now" mode and need to find receivers and offensive linemen to help out Foles.

If the Jaguars are interested in signing Foles, my guess is that his agent will be asking if the team plans on drafting a q.b. in the first round. In order to get Foles, the prospective team will need to tell his agent that they will not draft a quarterback in round 1. Why would Foles go to a team that is going to invest a 1st round pick on another quarterback? Some may say there are 50 million ($) reasons, but Foles wants to be more than a 1 year starter for his new team.

Excellent trade.

Foles also saod though that he doesnt plan to play into his forties. Whatever team gets him next will prob have him for max 7 years. I wouldnt mind the trade for haskins and getting foles and doing the aaron rodgers farve approach
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I'm very torn on this QB problem. I could see getting the franchise QB here, but I could just as easily see adding Foles, staying put and adding an offensive or defensive lineman at that spot instead.

FTFY