Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate

(02-12-2019, 12:48 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This whole narrative is way overblown IMO. 

Hackett did a pretty good job with Blake IMO. His failure was more in the ground game. He failed to solve the Fournette conundrum. 
I don't think Hackett held back Blake, I think Blake held back Hackett. 
Hackett was handcuffed by Blake's limitations and number of low percentage passes throughout the route tree. 
That he got what he did out of Blake in 2017 is actually impressive to me. 

The O-Line injury gripe is legit for 2018, but not so much in another two dozen career games in which Blake displayed horrible accuracy, terrible timing, zero route anticipation and bad decision making. 

How in the world all those things have not appeared glaringly bad to you over five years is a true mystery to me.

I'm not delusional.  Blake has looked bad, like really bad, throughout his career.  He has had gems in there but with all of the excuses from the coaching staff, to the offseason work with house, etc. I never knew whether to blame blake for his slow progression or to blame the coaching staff for not knowing how to develop him.  Its your First Round Draft Pick and all you do is blame the player for being alot worse than you originally evaluated.  Thats just throw the whole staff away worthy to me.

1.  They already threw the whole staff away once. How many times do you do that? If you're Kahn and TC is telling you it's not the staff, do you fire the (fairly new) staff and keep the QB who has sucked the better part of 5 years? 
The kid has worked w/ Tom Brady's throwing coach for 4 offseasons and he still can't throw a football. It's not the coaches.

2.  Sometimes blaming the player for being worse than originally evaluated is simply the correct assessment.
Especially with first round quarterbacks since they are routinely overdrafted year after year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate - by NYC4jags - 02-12-2019, 01:41 PM