Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

The new guy at CBS just put out this piece laying out the strengths/weaknesses for Murray:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...nfl-draft/

He makes some good points.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2019, 01:38 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: It would be funny if he ends up with the Giants.

Good one.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-10-2019, 01:38 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: It would be funny if he ends up with the Giants.

I would love that.

He's going #1 overall because the new HC of the Cardinals said he'd take him #1 overall in an interview. Then they gonna trade Rosen to the Jaguars because Rosen is Coughlin's kind of QB.

(01-10-2019, 03:17 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He's going #1 overall because the new HC of the Cardinals said he'd take him #1 overall in an interview.     Then they gonna trade Rosen to the Jaguars because Rosen is Coughlin's kind of QB.

The new HC in Ariz. is not the General Manager in Ariz. 

And he made that comment in October while he was employed by Texas Tech. 
His comments yesterday by contrast were all just compliments of Rosen. 

I wouldn't connect too many dots on this one.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 04:29 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

(01-10-2019, 01:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The new guy at CBS just put out this piece laying out the strengths/weaknesses for Murray:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...nfl-draft/

He makes some good points.

I agree with most of this article. I would put Murray 3rd behind Haskins and Lock. I joke about his size, but that and experience are really the only knocks. I honestly wouldn’t feel any worse about drafting Murray than I would about Jones or Grier. Unless we get Haskins or Lock, I’ll be in “I hope this works out” mode.

(01-10-2019, 03:17 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He's going #1 overall because the new HC of the Cardinals said he'd take him #1 overall in an interview.     Then they gonna trade Rosen to the Jaguars because Rosen is Coughlin's kind of QB.

Aside from the reasons already given proving this silly, there's this:

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/10...0263922688

I'd be wary of Murray. Like any QB whose biggest threat is his scrambling ability, when they do actually throw the ball, they'll be throwing into much bigger windows than a pure pocket passer would. So it's always harder to judge them as passers. I watch a couple of their games and it felt like he was always throwing to wide open WRs and missed far more easy throws than such a high comp% would suggest. And with his small stature, I'm not sure he'd last long as a runner in the NFL.

I'd rather draft Haskins.

(01-10-2019, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 11:50 AM)tkappa511 Wrote: We have so much luck drafting physical prototype Qb's.  

Byron Leftwich - 6'5 240ish
Blaine Gabbert - 6'4 230
BB5-  6/5 236

Why not take a chance on someone not protypical? Dude has some excitement to him.  Our QB pickers suck, so why not do something different?  And if he turned into Doug Flutie 2.0 Jags would win a SB Guaranteed.  All Flutie did was win.  Too bad the NFL brain trusts couldn't see that....they get too locked into "prototypes"

Because he's like 5'9" and has the frame of a little boy. That's smaller than any QB that has ever played NFL football. Let someone else take chances. We've been suffering so long, we need to be smart. IMO, There is one QB in this draft that has a better than average chance to succeed in the NFL and that is Dwayne Haskins. We need to do whatever we can to trade up and snag him. If not, we cannot afford to draft a QB in round 1 and have them fail. That just sets us back several years, because we'd be handcuffed into not drafting one next season. If Haskins is gone, we find another QB we like and target them in the 2nd or 3rd round. We add a free agent QB and we add another UDFA QB after the draft. Have an open competition and see what happens. If if doesn't work, we try again in 2020 at a top level QB.
Lol. First of all Kyler Murrays official height is 5' 10 1/8, Russell wilson is 5' 10 5/8... Russell is about half an inch taller, come on dude... as far as build Russell came to the combine at 204 lbs while Kyler is at 195, he will put on some weight before the combine... so all this talk about his build makes no sense at all when he has the same build as an elite QB.

Second, how can u say Haskins is the only qb that has a chance to succeed? I get it we all have "our guy" but to say he is the only one that can succeed is ridiculous, we havent even seen the combine yet or senior bowl (for guys like Lock and Grier).

Lastly say what you want about Kylers size, he balls out. You know hes athletic too, 9th over all in the mlb draft? Thats is crazy. You know who else got drafted to the mlb in college as a qb... Russell and Mahomes, not even close to 9th over though... just saying. This height bickering is making me laugh.

Arent WRs supposed to be 6ft and over too? Wonder how AB and Hill (way smaller) feel about that? 2 of the top 5....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He's rather intriguing for a diminutive running QB. He's like a smaller Lamar Jackson with a better arm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-yBTKDrVo
'02

(01-13-2019, 04:15 AM)Jags02 Wrote: He's rather intriguing for a diminutive running QB. He's like a smaller Lamar Jackson with a better arm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-yBTKDrVo

I'd take Murray over Drew Lock.  Lock will be a bust in the NFL - Blaine Gabbert 2.0

One tweet I read said this isn't allowed under MLB rules.

Another said the MLB is allowing it?

I don't know the sport at all so I dunno. My question is why didn't more teams teams give money under the table?

MLB is waiving the circumvention rule for him. He can sign for as much as he can negotiate w/ the As now.

(01-13-2019, 08:09 PM)Upper Wrote: MLB is waiving the circumvention rule for him. He can sign for as much as he can negotiate w/ the As now.

Hmmm. Is he that good of a prospect?? Or just a big name so more money

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 08:12 PM by Upper.)

(01-13-2019, 08:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: One tweet I read said this isn't allowed under MLB rules.

Another said the MLB is allowing it?

I don't know the sport at all so I dunno. My question is why didn't more teams teams give money under the table?

Until right now the MLB has been very ironclad with their circumvention rule. Ohtani had to sign for $150M+ less than market value because MLB wouldn't waive their rules for him. Gonna make the entire draft bonus pool system a complete mess now.

(01-13-2019, 08:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 08:09 PM)Upper Wrote: MLB is waiving the circumvention rule for him. He can sign for as much as he can negotiate w/ the As now.

Hmmm. Is he that good of a prospect?? Or just a big name so more money

Murray is very raw, but had the highest upside in the draft. For him to go #9 in the draft last year with as little experience as he had shows just how insane his tools were. Legit 4 plus tools right now, if his hit tool develops he could be a superstar.

Why dont he just play both like Prime and Bo

I like Murray but the only question is his height. I do agree with Carter here though. I like Murray much better as a prospect than i did jackson coming out.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/A...127633549/

(01-13-2019, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why dont he just play both like Prime and Bo

From what I have read it is because of him being a qb compared to a cb or rb.

(01-13-2019, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why dont he just play both like Prime and Bo

Probably because QB is a full time job that requires 100% of a player's time.