Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(03-02-2019, 01:05 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 12:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: That's the entire point... Nobody is saying it's going to drop him if he has a so-so day throwing. He can only benefit by going out there and showing off that arm talent in a high pressured situation. What does he have to lose by slinging it when all eyes are on him?

What does he gain? He's gonna be throwing at his pro day regardless. 

NFL teams have already seen him throw thousands of times. It's not a situation like Darnold where he's working on new mechanics and doesn't wanna throw until he's further along with them.

He already knows the range he's gonna be drafted in.

I like to see QBs who can adapt to an unfamiliar receiver running the route. At the Pro Day, he and his WR are going to rehearse every route and throw to the point they likely could do it blindfolded, and still complete 75% of the throws on time.

How does he react when a guy is slightly faster, or doesn't cut to the sideline as sharply? Those little ticks in the timing show a QB who can work with what's available, rather than catering a demo to his talents.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Murray received some of the worst combine feedback ever. We all know he did not throw or run drills so, many scouts and team leaders had to depend on interviews, board work, character investigation, and so on. It appears he is average or below average in just about anything a QB can or would do.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minu...r-a-top-QB
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-06-2019, 10:43 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Murray received some of the worst combine feedback ever. We all know he did not throw or run drills so, many scouts and team leaders had to depend on interviews, board work, character investigation, and so on. It appears he is average or below average in just about anything a QB can or would do.

"Charlie Casserly"

(03-04-2019, 01:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:05 AM)JackCity Wrote: What does he gain? He's gonna be throwing at his pro day regardless. 

NFL teams have already seen him throw thousands of times. It's not a situation like Darnold where he's working on new mechanics and doesn't wanna throw until he's further along with them.

He already knows the range he's gonna be drafted in.

I like to see QBs who can adapt to an unfamiliar receiver running the route. At the Pro Day, he and his WR are going to rehearse every route and throw to the point they likely could do it blindfolded, and still complete 75% of the throws on time.

How does he react when a guy is slightly faster, or doesn't cut to the sideline as sharply? Those little ticks in the timing show a QB who can work with what's available, rather than catering a demo to his talents.

All they run at the combine are extremely basic routes (slant, dig, out, go) and don't even throw full pace. If a QB throws great to his WRs all year and then has some poor timing at the combine what does that mean big picture wise? Almost nothing.   

Changing what you think of a prospect based on 6 errant throws at the combine vs 500+ attempts during his career isn't wise

(03-06-2019, 10:43 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Murray received some of the worst combine feedback ever. We all know he did not throw or run drills so, many scouts and team leaders had to depend on interviews, board work, character investigation, and so on. It appears he is average or below average in just about anything a QB can or would do.

The only interview that matters is the one he has with Arizona. If they have told him he is their guy, he doesn't have to worry about the other teams.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-06-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:

"Charlie Casserly"
And that matters how? He wasn't the one saying these things...it is the team leadership.

(03-06-2019, 11:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: "Charlie Casserly"
And that matters how? He wasn't the one saying these things...it is the team leadership.

Which teams? Charlie didn't say. Who in "leadership"? Charlie didn't say. What questions were asked? Charlie didn't say. What were the motives of the people giving such impressions to Charlie? Charlie didn't say.

It's that time of year.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-06-2019, 11:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: "Charlie Casserly"

Because he's well know for being full of hot air. Have any reputable reporters said he had a disastrous combine?

(03-06-2019, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote: And that matters how? He wasn't the one saying these things...it is the team leadership.

Which teams? Charlie didn't say. Who in "leadership"? Charlie didn't say. What questions were asked? Charlie didn't say. What were the motives of the people giving such impressions to Charlie? Charlie didn't say.

It's that time of year.

Bingo.

There are already reports out there saying the exact opposite.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-murray/

It’s obvious some team wants Kyler to fall to them.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-06-2019, 12:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote: And that matters how? He wasn't the one saying these things...it is the team leadership.

Because he's well know for being full of hot air. Have any reputable reporters said he had a disastrous combine?
Have any at the combine come out and disputed?

(03-06-2019, 02:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Which teams? Charlie didn't say. Who in "leadership"? Charlie didn't say. What questions were asked? Charlie didn't say. What were the motives of the people giving such impressions to Charlie? Charlie didn't say.

It's that time of year.

Bingo.

An ex college coach that is not part of the scouting process is your dispute? While Charlie may be full of it personally, I don't think he is going to put this out there without merit. What would he have to gain? And the fact that I haven't seen a NFL scout talk otherwise tends to enforce what Charlie is saying. If this was one scout stating his opinion solo to push a little smoke and mirrors it's one thing but this is apparently multiple.

(03-06-2019, 04:29 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: Bingo.

An ex college coach that is not part of the scouting process is your dispute? While Charlie may be full of it personally, I don't think he is going to put this out there without merit. What would he have to gain? And the fact that I haven't seen a NFL scout talk otherwise tends to enforce what Charlie is saying. If this was one scout stating his opinion solo to push a little smoke and mirrors it's one thing but this is apparently multiple.

So the fact that "an NFL scout" hasn't disputed Charlie means it's true? Since when do we have actual NFL scouts commenting on prospects otjer than anonymous scouts that writers like to invent into articles around this time?

(03-06-2019, 04:29 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: Bingo.

Who are Charlie’s sources again? 

And please be mindful that he’s an analyst, not a reporter.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-06-2019, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

It's that time of year.

CHARLIE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!

(03-06-2019, 04:52 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:29 PM)B2hibry Wrote: An ex college coach that is not part of the scouting process is your dispute? While Charlie may be full of it personally, I don't think he is going to put this out there without merit. What would he have to gain? And the fact that I haven't seen a NFL scout talk otherwise tends to enforce what Charlie is saying. If this was one scout stating his opinion solo to push a little smoke and mirrors it's one thing but this is apparently multiple.

Who are Charlie’s sources again? 

Did you watch the video?

(03-06-2019, 04:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:29 PM)B2hibry Wrote: An ex college coach that is not part of the scouting process is your dispute? While Charlie may be full of it personally, I don't think he is going to put this out there without merit. What would he have to gain? And the fact that I haven't seen a NFL scout talk otherwise tends to enforce what Charlie is saying. If this was one scout stating his opinion solo to push a little smoke and mirrors it's one thing but this is apparently multiple.

So the fact that "an NFL scout" hasn't disputed Charlie means it's true? Since when do we have actual NFL scouts commenting on prospects otjer than anonymous scouts that writers like to invent into articles around this time?
Using your previous logic, why not? You can disregard what he reported "multiple" scouts saying because it's Charlie but it can't be true if not one person in the know hasn't disputed it? And to answer your question, plenty of scouts comment this time of year. It's actually about the only time we hear from scouts and GMs.

It’s probably safe to say Murray didn’t impress the heck out of everybody he sat down with.

It’s also safe to assume he took some interviews more seriously than others.

Searcy was on the radio a couple of weeks back talking about how players will actually tank interviews with teams they don’t want to go to.

I watched that Dan Patrick show interview with Murray (because it has been brought up some when discussing Murray). Although it was pretty odd, it seemed like bad timing for the questions as much as anything. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe he couldn't be the next best Quarterback of this century. I'm not sold on an awkward interview determining how well he can process, and react physically. I think they are two different processing elements. Brain to Mouth vs. Brain to Reaction. Kind of like some of the best NASCAR drivers in history.

(03-06-2019, 04:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because he's well know for being full of hot air. Have any reputable reporters said he had a disastrous combine?
Have any at the combine come out and disputed?

Yes, I've read many reports that the "buzz" was that he's going first overall.

But also realize that the "buzz," whether positive or negative, is merely that.

Just talk.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-06-2019, 06:55 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Who are Charlie’s sources again? 

Did you watch the video?

I did. Did he mention teams and names because I certainly missed it.