Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(03-06-2019, 07:30 PM)Sammy Wrote: I watched that Dan Patrick show interview with Murray (because it has been brought up some when discussing Murray). Although it was pretty odd, it seemed like bad timing for the questions as much as anything. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe he couldn't be the next best Quarterback of this century. I'm not sold on an awkward interview determining how well he can process, and react physically. I think they are two different processing elements.  Brain to Mouth vs. Brain to Reaction.  Kind of like some of the best NASCAR drivers in history.

That wasn't the red flag from that interview. The red flag from that interview was his entire demeanor and inability to ask the most obvious questions that would be asked after he announced he was going to declare for the NFL draft. Either he had major nerves (deer in headlights) or didn't prepare. He definitely has talent, but that is not enough in the NFL. 

His press conference at the combine was better, but he still seemed very uncomfortable and unsure up there. It could make GM's of teams in major media markets worried.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2019, 07:04 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 07:30 PM)Sammy Wrote: I watched that Dan Patrick show interview with Murray (because it has been brought up some when discussing Murray). Although it was pretty odd, it seemed like bad timing for the questions as much as anything. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe he couldn't be the next best Quarterback of this century. I'm not sold on an awkward interview determining how well he can process, and react physically. I think they are two different processing elements.  Brain to Mouth vs. Brain to Reaction.  Kind of like some of the best NASCAR drivers in history.

That wasn't the red flag from that interview. The red flag from that interview was his entire demeanor and inability to ask the most obvious questions that would be asked after he announced he was going to declare for the NFL draft. Either he had major nerves (deer in headlights) or didn't prepare. He definitely has talent, but that is not enough in the NFL. 

His press conference at the combine was better, but he still seemed very uncomfortable and unsure up there. It could make GM's of teams in major media markets worried.

I have serious stage fright, I can talk one on one, I can talk to a really small group. Put me in front of a bunch of people, I'm toast. Totally freeze up. That NASCAR reference, he would fit right in ... "I was in the 4th turn, and that 88 kid Kyler got into my left rear corner an spun me" --- That name belongs in NASCAR.

(03-06-2019, 07:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: So the fact that "an NFL scout" hasn't disputed Charlie means it's true? Since when do we have actual NFL scouts commenting on prospects otjer than anonymous scouts that writers like to invent into articles around this time?
Using your previous logic, why not? You can disregard what he reported "multiple" scouts saying because it's Charlie but it can't be true if not one person in the know hasn't disputed it? And to answer your question, plenty of scouts comment this time of year. It's actually about the only time we hear from scouts and GMs.

We get anonymous scouts in the media with generally very hot takes on prospects because that's what happens in draft season. Clicks clicks clicks. You'd be remiss to think the majority of those quotes are from anyone but the journalist.

Kyle Murray sat for 10 interviews with teams at the combine, Charlie Casserly claims 2 or 3 of those interviews were bad and has called it the worst combine performance of a top QB he's ever heard of. His entire reputation comes from being an awful GM and a hot air artist as an analyst, so forgive me for being skeptical about blindly believing Kyler bombed the entire combine

The only interviews that matter are the ones who are looking to draft a QB in the first round. Maybe he tanked for teams he didn't want to play for? Maybe he is already promised to be drafted by the Cards and he is just going through the motions and doesn't care if he tanks?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-07-2019, 07:34 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 07:04 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: That wasn't the red flag from that interview. The red flag from that interview was his entire demeanor and inability to ask the most obvious questions that would be asked after he announced he was going to declare for the NFL draft. Either he had major nerves (deer in headlights) or didn't prepare. He definitely has talent, but that is not enough in the NFL. 

I have serious stage fright, I can talk one on one, I can talk to a really small group. Put me in front of a bunch of people, I'm toast. Totally freeze up. That NASCAR reference, he would fit right in ... "I was in the 4th turn, and that 88 kid Kyler got into my left rear corner an spun me" --- That name belongs in NASCAR.

That's why interviews don't matter that much. I think people sometimes expects too much out of players.

Give a good football player over someone who knows how to talk and do interviews.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 11:25 AM by rpr52121.)

(03-07-2019, 10:17 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 07:34 AM)Sammy Wrote: I have serious stage fright, I can talk one on one, I can talk to a really small group. Put me in front of a bunch of people, I'm toast. Totally freeze up. That NASCAR reference, he would fit right in ... "I was in the 4th turn, and that 88 kid Kyler got into my left rear corner an spun me" --- That name belongs in NASCAR.

That's why interviews don't matter that much. I think people sometimes expects too much out of players.

Give a good football player over someone who knows how to talk and do interviews.

NFL is so much about access to media these days, I think could be hard. I'm not saying that this should be a deciding factor, but it can definitely have some affect on things. Think about how the media has portrayed Kevin Durrant since he joined the Warriors. 

Murray has so much wow factor on the field and plays the most premiere position, QB. He really didn't handle criticism well from the A&M fanbase, and the school/Sumlin did no help him out at all. I'm sure he has grown a lot since then, but you never know how these things can spiral and go out of control. Honestly, a team like Arizona would be great for him, because all this stuff can be minimized. But it could be a deathknell for him to end up with say the Giants or Redskins.

(03-07-2019, 09:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/statu...0032708608

Casserly should stick to dong what he’s good at. I’m not entirely sure what that is but I’m certain it’s not reporting news from anonymous sources.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Had a great pro day. He is a great natural thrower of the ball with speed, accuracy, and depth. I think he cemented himself as the #1 pick.

https://www.nfl.com/videos
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 03:16 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Had a great pro day. He is a great natural thrower of the ball with speed, accuracy, and depth. I think he cemented himself as the #1 pick.

He didn't re-weigh in again, or run the 40 like he said he would. He's also visibly smaller than when he was at the Combine and that's not surprising.

For someone who's suppose to be lightning fast and running is a big part of his game, I don't know why he's so scared to run his 40 and be done with it. Unless he knows he's going to run slow..

It's also cute that people actually believe his playing weight is/will be 200+ pounds lol. Dude will be playing at 180-185 tops.

And who cares about him throwing in a controlled environment, with his own receivers. Of course he's going to look good with everything planned out.

(03-13-2019, 03:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:16 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Had a great pro day. He is a great natural thrower of the ball with speed, accuracy, and depth. I think he cemented himself as the #1 pick.

He didn't re-weigh in again, or run the 40 like he said he would. He's also visibly smaller than when he was at the Combine and that's not surprising.

For someone who's suppose to be lightning fast and running is a big part of his game, I don't know why he's so scared to run his 40 and be done with it. Unless he knows he's going to run slow..

It's also cute that people actually believe his playing weight is/will be 200+ pounds lol. Dude will be playing at 180-185 tops.

And who cares about him throwing in a controlled environment, with his own receivers. Of course he's going to look good with everything planned out.
Your quite the downer! Obviously he kicked your dog. In any case, when you put it all together from combine, short career, pro day, etc. he looks like he could ball. For the Jags, that's a good thing because it draws the eyes of the teams ahead of us and perhaps we don't have to worry about are FO reaching for him. I'm more a fan of the prototypical so he has never been someone I want here but you can't deny he is an athlete and looks to play the postion well regardless of weight and size. The NFL is all about trends and the Mahomes style is in right now. Out of all the QBs in this draft, he fits that style.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 03:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

They did his weight again. He was 205 and he was 207 at the combine. The 40 time for him is irrelevant, if you actually watched him play you can see him pull away from DBs on some of his longer runs. It's pretty obvious he has elite speed for the QB position without a 40 time on it.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 03:50 PM by Eric1.)

(03-13-2019, 03:41 PM)roycee Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He didn't re-weigh in again, or run the 40 like he said he would. He's also visibly smaller than when he was at the Combine and that's not surprising.

They did his weight again. He was 205 and he was 207 at the combine. The 40 time for him is irrelevant, if you actually watched him play you can see him pull away from DBs on some of his longer runs. It's pretty obvious he has elite speed for the QB position without a 40 time on it.

Then the little thing I read was wrong, it said he didn't do any of that stuff, only threw. Regardless, he isn't playing at that 200+ weight anyways.

Yea he's fast when he weighs 25 pounds less.

(03-13-2019, 03:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He didn't re-weigh in again, or run the 40 like he said he would. He's also visibly smaller than when he was at the Combine and that's not surprising.

Your quite the downer! Obviously he kicked your dog. In any case, when you put it all together from combine, short career, pro day, etc. he looks like he could ball. For the Jags, that's a good thing because it draws the eyes of the teams ahead of us and perhaps we don't have to worry about are FO reaching for him. I'm more a fan of the prototypical so he has never been someone I want here but you can't deny he is an athlete and looks to play the postion well regardless of weight and size. The NFL is all about trends and the Mahomes style is in right now. Out of all the QBs in this draft, he fits that style.

Lol if this front office drafted him after they just signed Foles, they'd need to be fired on the spot.

(03-13-2019, 03:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:41 PM)roycee Wrote: They did his weight again. He was 205 and he was 207 at the combine. The 40 time for him is irrelevant, if you actually watched him play you can see him pull away from DBs on some of his longer runs. It's pretty obvious he has elite speed for the QB position without a 40 time on it.

Then the little thing I read was wrong, it said he didn't do any of that stuff, only threw. Regardless, he isn't playing at that 200+ weight anyways.

25 pounds less based on...?

(03-13-2019, 03:51 PM)roycee Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Then the little thing I read was wrong, it said he didn't do any of that stuff, only threw. Regardless, he isn't playing at that 200+ weight anyways.

25 pounds less based on...?

How tiny he was in college? It's probably more like 15-20lbs less, but same difference.

(03-13-2019, 03:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:41 PM)roycee Wrote: They did his weight again. He was 205 and he was 207 at the combine. The 40 time for him is irrelevant, if you actually watched him play you can see him pull away from DBs on some of his longer runs. It's pretty obvious he has elite speed for the QB position without a 40 time on it.

(03-13-2019, 03:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Your quite the downer! Obviously he kicked your dog. In any case, when you put it all together from combine, short career, pro day, etc. he looks like he could ball. For the Jags, that's a good thing because it draws the eyes of the teams ahead of us and perhaps we don't have to worry about are FO reaching for him. I'm more a fan of the prototypical so he has never been someone I want here but you can't deny he is an athlete and looks to play the postion well regardless of weight and size. The NFL is all about trends and the Mahomes style is in right now. Out of all the QBs in this draft, he fits that style.

Lol if this front office drafted him after they just signed Foles, they'd need to be fired on the spot.
Huh? You think he's going to play his whole career at 180? No chance.

Also, Did Lamar Jackson run the 40? Murray wants to prove that he can be a pocket passer and if he ran a 4.35 40, people would just say he needs to change positions..... Like Lamar.

(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Then the little thing I read was wrong, it said he didn't do any of that stuff, only threw. Regardless, he isn't playing at that 200+ weight anyways.

Huh? You think he's going to play his whole career at 180? No chance.

Also, Did Lamar Jackson run the 40? Murray wants to prove that he can be a pocket passer and if he ran a 4.35 40, people would just say he needs to change positions..... Like Lamar.

No they wouldn't because Murray's arm is way better than Lamar's arm. Night and day difference.

(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:51 PM)roycee Wrote: 25 pounds less based on...?

How tiny he was in college? It's probably more like 15-20lbs less, but same difference.

Do you also work at the guess your weight booth at the fair as well?

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)roycee Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: How tiny he was in college? It's probably more like 15-20lbs less, but same difference.

Do you also work at the guess your weight booth at the fair as well?

Guaranteed to guess it in between 3 pounds or less  Banana

Simply put, the guy can play football and is more likely going to be good at it than not.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."