Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(01-14-2019, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why dont he just play both like Prime and Bo

Probably because QB is a full time job that requires 100% of a player's time.

True

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't feel like this kid truly loves football and it would be a mistake to draft him. If someone has a chance of having a successful MLB career, I have no idea why they would even think about playing football.

(01-14-2019, 09:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't feel like this kid truly loves football and it would be a mistake to draft him. If someone has a chance of having a successful MLB career, I have no idea why they would even think about playing football.

Maybe his dream was to always play QB in the NFL and he just happens to be really good at baseball?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-14-2019, 09:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't feel like this kid truly loves football and it would be a mistake to draft him. If someone has a chance of having a successful MLB career, I have no idea why they would even think about playing football.

Well, he's walking away from an opportunity that likely represents a longer, safer career and the potential for more money in order to enter the NFL draft.

That kinda' sounds like he loves football.  But who knows?

Jeff Samardzjiza will have earned $127,675,000 after 2020 and he's not even that great. Seems like if you can make it in baseball its the way way better way to go, not even considering the lack of traumatic brain injury concerns

(01-14-2019, 12:07 PM)JNev Wrote: Jeff Samardzjiza will have earned $127,675,000 after 2020 and he's not even that great. Seems like if you can make it in baseball its the way way better way to go, not even considering the lack of traumatic brain injury concerns

Well Jeff is a pitcher and not a QB. Kyler is a infielder and a QB. As a QB he can make as much, if not more than he can as an infielder.

Tom Brady has made $212 million in his career and he's Tom Brady... Andy Dalton is at $61 million in 8 seasons for another reference point. Also MLB contracts are fully guaranteed while NFL contracts are the furthest thing from it unless you're Kirk Cousins

(01-14-2019, 12:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Tom Brady has made $212 million in his career and he's Tom Brady... Andy Dalton is at $61 million in 8 seasons for another reference point. Also MLB contracts are fully guaranteed while NFL contracts are the furthest thing from it unless you're Kirk Cousins

So this shows me he really loves football or he is using it to leverage a bigger deal from the A's.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 03:11 PM by rfc17.)

RB is one of those positions you dont even have to practice. Spend a half hour learning blocking assignments but aside from that there is almost nothing to learn. You either have the god given talent or you dont. Much harder and more time consuming to be a QB.

As others have stated if you make it to the big leagues, baseball seems like a much better option. But the question is if you make it. If he goes the NFL route, he'll probably be drafted high, he'll be on an NFL roster, and he'll most likely get a shot as a starter. If he goes to the A's, he'll likely get sent to single A or double AA ball. And if he doesnt do well, he won't sniff the bigs. MLB is littered with first round guys that never made it to the show. Very few college QBs that went high in the draft didnt get an opportunity to be a starter at some point in their NFL career. Whether they did anything is a different matter but at least they got the chance.

(01-14-2019, 03:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote: RB is one of those positions you dont even have to practice.  Spend a half hour learning blocking assignments but aside from that there is almost nothing to learn.  You either have the god given talent or you dont.  Much harder and more time consuming to be a QB.

As others have stated if you make it to the big leagues, baseball seems like a much better option.  But the question is if you make it.  If he goes the NFL route, he'll probably be drafted high, he'll be on an NFL roster, and he'll most likely get a shot as a starter.  If he goes to the A's, he'll likely get sent to single A or double AA ball.  And if he doesnt do well, he won't sniff the bigs.  MLB is littered with first round guys that never made it to the show.  Very few college QBs that went high in the draft didnt get an opportunity to be a starter at some point in their NFL career.  Whether they did anything is a different matter but at least they got the chance.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, I don’t think people realize it. I looked it up, around 60% first rounders make it to the bigs. It’s also more likely that you make it to the big leagues as a pitcher who can throw 95+. He is not a pitcher, he’s an infielder. It sounds to me like he is an extremely raw MLB talent that would need a lot of hard work and dedication to make it to the show, and it still might not work out. 

Sounds like he is really working his leverage and trying to match what he would get as a guaranteed first round NFL rookie contract. If he gets that, probably would stick with MLB. If not... welcome to the NFL. I feel like one big hit from a Khalil Mack or Donald would break the kid in half, but good luck (unless you go to a division rival).

Looks like he has declared for the draft, happy days.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 05:14 PM by Upper.)

Declaring for the draft doesn't mean anything yet. He's just keeping his options open. Unless he definitively states which sport he is playing, or until the combine comes and he is either at the combine or in spring training camp, we're still up in the air.

Let's go get him!

(01-14-2019, 05:04 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Let's go get him!

Let's not. He's a dwarf.

So is there like some sort of clause or something stating that if Murray is drafted, he has to play? Cause I just have this feeling that if he doesn't end up where he wants, he'll go play ball for Oakland..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-14-2019, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:04 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Let's go get him!

Let's not. He's a dwarf.
Maybe he will be our Lucky Charm???

(01-12-2019, 09:56 PM)Jords808 Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because he's like 5'9" and has the frame of a little boy....
Lol. First of all Kyler Murrays official height is 5' 10 1/8, Russell wilson is 5' 10 5/8.....

OK just released their official 2018 measurement and you were only high by 1/4 of an inch:

According to a spokesman for the university, the football program’s strength staff measured Murray before the start of the 2018 season at 5'9" and 7/8  five feet, nine-and-seven-eighth inches

It's official. He tall.

First round pick now.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Cause universities don't lie about height.

It's not only his height - it's his little boy frame. His frame dictates he will never thicken up. He physically can't. He will always be tiny.