Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bob Seger - May 12th - Farewell Tour

Does anybody on here plan on going or have early access to tickets for this show? I think tickets go on sale on the 22nd of next week but if you have a Daily Reward's or Jags365 membership you can get early access on the 21st to buy them.

Long story short. Looking to get a head start through anybody on here if possible. Trying to score two tickets for just me and my mother. Would mean a lot. Appreciate it! I'll pay extra for the assist.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 01:42 PM by TJBender.)

(02-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Does anybody on here plan on going or have early access to tickets for this show? I think tickets go on sale on the 22nd of next week but if you have a Daily Reward's or Jags365 membership you can get early access on the 21st to buy them.

Long story short. Looking to get a head start through anybody on here if possible. Trying to score two tickets for just me and my mother. Would mean a lot. Appreciate it! I'll pay extra for the assist.

Maybe. It sounds like a good excuse to get out of Denver. I might have to catch a midnight rider to see the Hollywood lights instead, though. I'm still the same with my night moves, but I've been there, done that. It's time for me to be a travelin' man. I think I'm going to Katmandu instead. Sitting by Fire Lake and lookin' back as I turn the page.

Have fun at the show, though.

Tight pants points hollering out. (Or is it?)

I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high
Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
Workin' on mysteries without any clues
Workin' on our night moves
Trying' to make some front page drive-in news
Workin' on our night moves in the summertime
In the sweet summertime
We weren't in love oh no far from it
We weren't searching for some pie in the sky summit
We were just young and restless and bored
Living by the sword
And we'd steal away every chance we could
To the backroom, the alley, the trusty woods
I used her she used me
But neither one cared
We were getting our share
Workin' on our night moves
Trying to lose the awkward teenage blues
Workin' on out night moves
In the summertime
And oh the wonder
Felt the lightning
And we waited on the thunder
Waited on the thunder
I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 08:56 PM by Sammy.)

Dang it bisquick, I sing it my way. (Or is it?)

My uncle used to do a cover of this song (Below), and he could pull it off. A good thread would be ... What Cover Song Can You Do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQLmUOgT5M

PS ... If you don't hear it through, you stink.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 09:24 PM by Sammy.)

Okay, sorry ... I wasn't trying to derail the thread. Seger is one of my all time favorites, and it is awesome that Caldrac is trying to get tickets for his Mom, and me. If he can get me front row, I swear I will adopt him (or kidnap ... whatever works). Seger is one of those artist I can put the headphones on, and go back in time to my youth.

https://youtu.be/_mRFWQoXq4c

Really was a hit monster in the 1980's and reached s peak there. I understand why in the ending up on top there. Lots of good musicians and singers leaving on top for a final tour.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

I just saw him on Tuesday. 

If you're going for the nostalgia, it'll be great.

If you're going for the performance, well hhhmmmm...

He's a bit passed his peak.

(02-14-2019, 09:21 PM)Sammy Wrote: Okay, sorry ... I wasn't trying to derail the thread. Seger is one of my all time favorites, and it is awesome that Caldrac is trying to get tickets for his Mom, and me. If he can get me front row, I swear I will adopt him (or kidnap ... whatever works). Seger is one of those artist I can put the headphones on, and go back in time to my youth.

https://youtu.be/_mRFWQoXq4c

He's not that old.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bob Seger has always been a popular act in Jacksonville. He played at local clubs like Strawberry Fields in the late 60s/early 70s. In January 77 I attended one of two shows he had on the same night at the old Civic Auditorium, and he returned to Jacksonville in December of that same year and played to a SRO crowd at the Coliseum.. He put on great shows that often went over 2.5 hours.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I just really want my mom to see him. He was one of my grandfather's favorites and since he's passed anytime a Seger tune comes on it kind of hits home for her more and same for me. So it's more so for her. I love Seger though. He had a song come out not too long ago. Glenn Song I think it's called. Really slow and easy going tune but heartfelt.

Late April and May's going to be a fun [BLEEP] month for me though! Tipper and Friends in late April. I got Rockville that first weekend in May, then it's Tash Sultana on the 11th and hopefully Seger on the 12th. Was trying to score those damn Tame Impala tickets but it didn't work out in my favor. Win some. Lose some!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-15-2019, 11:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I just really want my mom to see him. He was one of my grandfather's favorites and since he's passed anytime a Seger tune comes on it kind of hits home for her more and same for me. So it's more so for her. I love Seger though. He had a song come out not too long ago. Glenn Song I think it's called. Really slow and easy going tune but heartfelt.

Late April and May's going to be a fun [BLEEP] month for me though! Tipper and Friends in late April. I got Rockville that first weekend in May, then it's Tash Sultana on the 11th and hopefully Seger on the 12th. Was trying to score those damn Tame Impala tickets but it didn't work out in my favor. Win some. Lose some!

I'm on the early ticket list, Caldrac. 

If I see the email in time to score you tix, I'll try to get you a couple and we'll sort it out.

(02-15-2019, 01:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I just really want my mom to see him. He was one of my grandfather's favorites and since he's passed anytime a Seger tune comes on it kind of hits home for her more and same for me. So it's more so for her. I love Seger though. He had a song come out not too long ago. Glenn Song I think it's called. Really slow and easy going tune but heartfelt.

I'm on the early ticket list, Caldrac. 

If I see the email in time to score you tix, I'll try to get you a couple and we'll sort it out.

Appreciate it!

(02-15-2019, 10:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Bob Seger has always been a popular act in Jacksonville. He played at local clubs like Strawberry Fields in the late 60s/early 70s. In January 77 I attended one of two shows he had on the same night at the old Civic Auditorium, and he returned to Jacksonville in December of that same year and played to a SRO crowd at the Coliseum.. He put on great shows that often went over 2.5 hours.

Damn you're old.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2019, 03:50 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He's a bit passed his peak.

Are you saying he's turned the page?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-16-2019, 11:18 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

He's just running against the wind at this point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-17-2019, 01:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 11:18 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Are you saying he's turned the page?

He's just running against the wind at this point.

I wish he could still play the old time rock and roll.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-16-2019, 11:18 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

Nah, I think he's still the same.

(02-16-2019, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 10:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Bob Seger has always been a popular act in Jacksonville. He played at local clubs like Strawberry Fields in the late 60s/early 70s. In January 77 I attended one of two shows he had on the same night at the old Civic Auditorium, and he returned to Jacksonville in December of that same year and played to a SRO crowd at the Coliseum.. He put on great shows that often went over 2.5 hours.

Damn you're old.

Yeah, but considering the alternative...
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-18-2019, 07:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Damn you're old.

Yeah, but considering the alternative...

So you say it's not a good thing if you stop getting older?