Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fornette traded?

Working someone just said we traded fornette for foles?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think Foles can be traded right now. 2018 season is over and opted out of his contract for 2019

(02-15-2019, 02:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Working someone just said we traded fornette for foles?
No. Nothing even being discusses right now.

It's just trolling

No trades allowed right now.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Someone is pulling your leg.

(02-15-2019, 02:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Working someone just said we traded fornette for foles?

Not that I can find. Fournette for Foles is a trade option I keep seeing floated as possible, but nothing's been agreed to. Or even discussed, for that matter, as far as we know.

It's an idea that's been getting kicked around. I don't see any real evidence to support it though. I think they'll give Fournette one more year to prove he's capable of handling business on and off the field like a professional. That was the purpose of that meeting he and Coughlin and Co. had a few weeks ago.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Foles will have to be franchise tagged to be traded. They can't tag him until Feb 19th. Then a trade can't happen until March 13th at 4pm. 

All that could happen now is a conversation between the two clubs not involving the players or their agents.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 05:53 PM by knarnn.)

(02-15-2019, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Foles will have to be franchise tagged to be traded. They can't tag him until Feb 19th. Then a trade can't happen until March 13th at 4pm. 

All that could happen now is a conversation between the two clubs not involving the players or their agents.

Bingo.

Foles has currently opted out of his contract and the Eagles would now have to franchise him first and then - very important - Foles would have to sign the tag before they could trade him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Got it thanks guys didn't see anything about it but figured this place would know what's up

If you tuned in to ESPN for a second this afternoon, you might have thought it was a deal.

It was bounced around on a segment on trades that would make sense. There were about 5 of them, including one of them involving LeSean McCoy leaving Buffalo.

I would agree to that trade.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-15-2019, 10:12 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: If you tuned in to ESPN for a second this afternoon, you might have thought it was a deal.

It was bounced around on a segment on trades that would make sense.  There were about 5 of them, including one of them involving LeSean McCoy leaving Buffalo.

yea that's where my buddy saw it he went to go get Zaxbys and saw it pop up and came back telling us about it

Can one of you guys that cares do the math for me? What would it look like to trade Bortles and Fournette to the Eagles. How much would the Jags keep/save, what would the Eagles be paying for a backup, etc.

(02-16-2019, 12:11 PM)Last42min Wrote: Can one of you guys that cares do the math for me? What would it look like to trade Bortles and Fournette to the Eagles. How much would the Jags keep/save, what would the Eagles be paying for a backup, etc.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Exactly. Looked on over the cap for a few minutes before realizing I didn't care enough to spend the time figuring it out. I was curious if the Jags would save cap space by trading Bortles instead of cutting him, the Eagles would get a reasonable backup QB (considering how often Wentz gets hurt), and the Jags land a decent stop-gap QB for a year, but I'd need to know the numbers to see if it worked out.

(02-16-2019, 12:34 PM)Last42min Wrote: Exactly. Looked on over the cap for a few minutes before realizing I didn't care enough to spend the time figuring it out. I was curious if the Jags would save cap space by trading Bortles instead of cutting him, the Eagles would get a reasonable backup QB (considering how often Wentz gets hurt), and the Jags land a decent stop-gap QB for a year, but I'd need to know the numbers to see if it worked out.

The Eagles have one of if not the worst salary cap situation in the NFL. Zero chance they trade for Bortles and his salary.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2019, 05:58 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-16-2019, 12:11 PM)Last42min Wrote: Can one of you guys that cares do the math for me? What would it look like to trade Bortles and Fournette to the Eagles. How much would the Jags keep/save, what would the Eagles be paying for a backup, etc.

There's only 1 GM that would be stupid enough to be on the receiving end of getting Bortles and his salary in a trade deal and that GM hasn't been in the NFL since 2013, after he selected a punter in the beginning of the 3rd round 

2012 Jacksonville Jaguars
» Draft class: WR Justin Blackmon (Round 1), DE Andre Branch (Round 2), P Bryan Anger (Round 3), LB Brandon Marshall (Round 5), CB Mike Harris (Round 6), DT Jeris Pendleton (Round 7)

[Image: 0ap1000000119907.jpg]